TX Releases SX OS v1.3

TX Releases Another Update To Their SX OS, with a big new feature: 'eShop NSP Support' :)
sxos13.jpg
TX does not seem to want to take a break, they have now pumped out yet another major update to their SX OS, check it out below:
We are back once again with an exciting update for SX OS. Let's skip the drama for now and jump straight to the list of new goodies:
  • Add LayeredFS support
    Are you excited about any upcoming Game Mods for switch games? Well, we are! To accommodate this we have added what is commonly referred to as "LayeredFS" support. In short what this allows you to do is override specific files from a game with modified copies that are loaded from your microSD's (ex)FAT partition.
    Place your custom game files under the following locations on the microSD root:
    - /sxos/titles/<titleid>/exefs/
    - /sxos/titles/<titleid>/romfs/​
    We can't wait to see what cool mods the community will come up with!
  • Add eShop NSP support
    This adds support for installing and launching installed eShop NSP files. This is still rough around the edges and for advanced users only. To install NSP files you need a legitimate copy of the DevMenu, which can be launched currently via LayeredFS. We are still working on adding a custom and easy to use NSP installer to our own menu system. Stay tuned!
    WARNING: We do not recommend playing online with installed eShop NSP games without a valid ticket, as this WILL lead to a console ban without a doubt.
  • Add low battery reconfiguration on bootup
    Some users were having battery issues after playing around with Switch Linux custom payload. This fixes the "battery desync" issue every time you boot your switch. If you weren't use Switch Linux there's nothing to worry, otherwise; enjoy your penguins AND enjoy your horizon OS! :D
  • Hide OSX Temp files in game selection menu
    If you were pestered by bogus entries in the game selection menu chances are high this is because you are using OSX (and Finder). We simply hide those files from the menu now. All cleaned up!
  • Removed eMMC password lock
    It seems a perfectly safe and easily reversible hacker challenge we put in place for aspiring hackers has been blown out of proportion. We are sad to see so many false claims on the internet and to avoid any further false accusations and 'fake news' we decided to get rid of it. Namaste.
That's it for today! We'll be back soon. Team-Xecuter doesn't take a break. While others moan on social media we work day and night to bring you the best experience on Nintendo Switch.

-- Team-Xecuter - Rocking the Switch in 2018 and beyond! --
:arrow: Source: MaxConsole

jakkal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, what can I do to use the dongle?
you can use it as normal
just dont go reactivating the dongle license because the sx os license it already tied to your switch

if some day you do get another switch, the sx pro can be used to license that new switch

Reactions: Kioku

methamz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can use it as normal
just dont go reactivating the dongle license because the sx os license it already tied to your switch

if some day you do get another switch, the sx pro can be used to license that new switch
Seems okay, thanks for answer

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
if you use the dongle on another switch without the license file you can create a new license for that switch, you could sell that sx os in reality
Except the dongle license would then be tied to the that system. So, you'd have to sell locally. ;p

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Seeing how SX OS works and how it load games from SD card, it strange there is no thing like that in the 3DS, imagine load DS and 3DS game from the SD card without need to install them.

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yes SX-Dono! Please make some bigger updates for me to download, so I can put it on my naughty SD card to play.. let me have everything, load every single bit up. I know you won't brick me without protection, so please do it already!

..hey! Do you enjoy reading my deepest, inner feelings? Stop that at once!

ils

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
i just tried installing eShop Lumines Remastered using devmenu on 1.3

i haven't tried LayeredFS to load unlicensed game before but does installing NSP = LayeredFS trick?
or LayeredFS is the trick to load devmenu only? (changing the "patch" Pokemon Quest with devmenu binary)

if so, does installing NSP will achieve full compatibility unlike LayeredFS which depends on the donor game?

Thanks!

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country

i haven't tried LayeredFS to load unlicensed game before but does installing NSP = LayeredFS trick?
or LayeredFS is the trick to load devmenu only? (changing the "patch" Pokemon Quest with devmenu binary)

if so, does installing NSP will achieve full compatibility unlike LayeredFS which depends on the donor game?

Thanks!
you only need layeredfs to run dev menu atm, after you install it is like an eshop download, no donor needed

Reactions: ils

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thanks!
Installing .NSP =/= using LayeredFS. Using LayeredFS for backup launching swaps the game files and executables of a game in your Switch with that of another. Compatibility depends on the SDK of both games as well as size of the save files.

Installing .NSP is equivalent to downloading a game from the eShop. However, since we are doing it outside the eShop, the games will not launch because they are lacking the proper ticket which is generated when they are downloaded from the eShop. SX OS v1.3 has the signature patching to prevent the games from needing the proper ticket to be played (if you have an activated license). Installing .NSPs using DevMenu while running any other CFW will not make them work.

Last edited by Draxzelex,

adrifcastr

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Installing .NSP =/= using LayeredFS. LayeredFS swaps the game files and executables of a game in your Switch with that of another. Compatibility depends on the SDK of both games as well as size of the save files.
That's essentially not the purpose of the layered filesystem. Just pointing that out again.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i meant loading from the 3DS SD card and forward it to the card slot without a cart.
It would have been perfectly possible, I guess no devs were motivated to do it (maybe they all preferred installed games ,like I do). Gateway's software could have just as easily loaded from the internal SD as from their cartridge, but of course the cartridge was their DRM.

D

Deleted User

Installing .NSP =/= using LayeredFS. Using LayeredFS for backup launching swaps the game files and executables of a game in your Switch with that of another. Compatibility depends on the SDK of both games as well as size of the save files.

Installing .NSP is equivalent to downloading a game from the eShop. However, since we are doing it outside the eShop, the games will not launch because they are lacking the proper ticket which is generated when they are downloaded from the eShop. SX OS v1.3 has the signature patching to prevent the games from needing the proper ticket to be played (if you have an activated license). Installing .NSPs using DevMenu while running any other CFW will not make them work.
I have SX OS and yet to try .NSPs and dev menu. Is it more risky installing NSPs than say playing XCI backups and downloading updates for them?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have SX OS and yet to try .NSPs and dev menu. Is it more risky installing NSPs than say playing XCI backups and downloading updates for them?
Yes, I would recommend playing .XCIs over .NSPs, at least those installed with DevMenu, to keep yourself from being banned as long as possible. If they're offline, Nintendo will have a harder time realizing you are playing backups and you can update them in OFW pretty safely.

Reactions: Albytrozz

josephdin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just came back from vacation, my sx-pro comes in today, i was gonna wait until my backup switch arrived, but is there anyone who has sx 1.3 and only loads backups offline/airplane mode and has never been banned? Please let me know.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.