TX Presents SX Installer v3.0.0 - Now with Cheats and NSZ Support!

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by garyopa, Oct 7, 2019.

Front-page
    Last week, TX released SX OS v2.9.1 BETA with v9.0.1 support! And now today, they are releasing a large v3.0.0 update to our SX INSTALLER App.
    SX300.

Earlier today, Team-Xecuter released finally their much needed update to their SX Installer app, now with their v3.0.0 release it integrates 'cheats' into it, and also adds support for compressed NSP's, called NSZ that have recently hit the underground channels, read on for vast list of changes they made in this release, and as usual you can find the download on their SX Portal website! :)
    PLEASE NOTE: After extensive internal testing of this update, TX reports there is still an small issue when scanning your connected USBHDD for files/games contents. And they will addressed this bug in a future update, and are looking forward to your valuable feedback on any other oversights they may had missed during their testing.

SX300-1.

As usual stay tuned to the TX website, as they are not finished, there are more great updates coming from them over the next few weeks.

—< Team-Xecuter - Rocking the Switch in 2019 and beyond! >—

:arrow: Source: MaxConsole

Discussion (77 replies)
  1. Volthax

Volthax Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 13, 2018
    Netherlands Antilles
    Back from Ram Ranch and again rocking the scene, good job!
    Jonathon Hills will be covering this on his program 'The Buddhism Hotline' very soon.
    Pleased to hear this and keep the good stuff up.

AveSatanas, SwigS-27, Ra1d and 2 others like this.
  2. jkjj

jkjj Member

Newcomer
    Jan 16, 2019
    United States
    Wow, great work. quite the tease whispering about the update 'tomorrow' after 2.9 beta.
    what an awesome surprise.
    long live blawar (thanks to nicoboss and TX!)

JoeBloggs777 likes this.
  3. matias3ds

matias3ds GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Oct 25, 2017
    Argentina
    Amazing

4. chrisrlink

chrisrlink Intel Pentium III Hamster inside

Aug 27, 2009
    United States
    inside your crappy old PC
    never heard of .NSZ til now

nightweb, Ericjwg and weatMod like this.
  5. PikachuPrincess23

PikachuPrincess23 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 22, 2015
    Norway
    How do i install and use it?

6. blawar

blawar Developer

pip Developer
    Nov 21, 2016
    United States
    https://github.com/blawar/nsz

Normal users do not need to know how it works, or how to create them (unless they want to compress their collections). I know jules is working quickly on adding NSZ/XCZ support to NSC_Builder.

7. garyopa
    OP

garyopa Admin @ MaxConsole

Apr 25, 2009
    Canada
    Tropical Island
    Well its not something that can be discussed here in the way of links. -- But out there in vast world of the internet, there is things called gdrive's and places like HBG, they are all switching over to NSZ, as the games take up alot less space, so they means overall, less time you will spend pirating the things you should had been buying from your game store or the real eShop.

Its a real shame, because now the illegal eShop's are better, faster, quicker than the legit Nintendo one, maybe Nintendo will 'steal' the idea of NSZ and use it on their shop and save people a ton of bandwidth and time in installing their legit digital downloads. :)

8. dsrules

dsrules GBAtemp Guru

Sep 20, 2005
    how do you use cheats? I enabled them before launching or after launching game, don't see sny effects on few games I've tried

Calzy_G and matias3ds like this.
  9. matias3ds

matias3ds GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Oct 25, 2017
    Argentina
    Can you tell us what the difference in size on a average game ? Let's says Zelda botw , Mario kart or any others please

10. Mthodmn101

Mthodmn101 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 31, 2008
    United States

you cant really give an average... some games u might get 5% savings, others closer to 75-80%

matias3ds likes this.
  11. scroeffie1984

scroeffie1984 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 17, 2019
    Netherlands
    installed the older version never used it ,stil dont know what this program does

12. Nincompoopdo

Nincompoopdo GBAtemp Fan

May 20, 2017
    United States
    What about performance? I know that some compressed PSP ISO takes a lot longer to load.

13. garyopa
    OP

Apr 25, 2009
    Canada
    Tropical Island
    It's only compressed for the download or package. Its still a normal nsp inside it decompresses during the install.

14. Nincompoopdo

Nincompoopdo GBAtemp Fan

May 20, 2017
    United States
    Oh, OK. I thought it's a compressed nsp format that can help save me some sdcard space. :wink:

15. garyopa
    OP

Apr 25, 2009
    Canada
    Tropical Island
    if saves you space in storing it as backup, and in time downloading, but really does not save you space with install itself.

SuzieJoeBob and mikefor20 like this.
  16. RedBlueGreen

RedBlueGreen GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 10, 2015
    Canada
    Still too afraid of getting banned to hack my Switch. Can't get a second one because a lot of my games are digital.

17. isoboy

isoboy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 23, 2016
    United States
    So do a transfer and hack your first, what's the big deal? Finish the games you want to first I guess. Move your account over or whatever.

x65943 likes this.
  18. NoNAND

NoNAND GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 22, 2015
    Albania
    The Adriatic Sea
    Why does the SX installer look like tinfoil somehow? Are the dev terms working in tandem with each other?

19. thaikhoa

thaikhoa GBAtemp Addict

Sep 16, 2008
    Australia
    They are the same author.

AveSatanas and gizmomelb like this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted