TX Presents SX Installer v3.0.0 - Now with Cheats and NSZ Support!

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by garyopa, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Kaybag182

Kaybag182 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 12, 2018
    Australia
    how long should cheats take to appear in sx installer? I’ve followed the steps and I’ve pressed y the second time but I just get left with an empty background and the spinning/loading icon in the bottom left for about 5 minutes now.

2. Calzy_G

Calzy_G Member

Newcomer
    Dec 23, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Is it possible to download the updated database directly? I deleted the WiFi settings from my console for safety reasons.
    Also, is it possible to avoid the slowdown that happens when you enter and exit the album while a game is running? It makes some games (Resident Evil 4 for example) unplayable due to stuttering and low frame rate.

Thanks

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Almost instantly for me.

3. Kaybag182

Newcomer
    Oct 12, 2018
    Australia
    xci or installed nsp?

4. Calzy_G

Calzy_G Member

Newcomer
    Dec 23, 2018
    United Kingdom
    All installed.

Edit: just tried it with an .XCI that's on an external hard drive. It worked fine and loaded at the same speed as the installed stuff.

Last edited by Calzy_G, Oct 9, 2019
  5. Kaybag182

Newcomer
    Oct 12, 2018
    Australia
    Maybe there is an issue with xci then since that was what I was using.
    @garyopa @blawar

6. Calzy_G

Calzy_G Member

Newcomer
    Dec 23, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Edited my above post, xci worked fine.

7. Kaybag182

Newcomer
    Oct 12, 2018
    Australia
    Weird. I tried using dqxi xci split using sx installer and loaded off sd card and nothing.

8. Calzy_G

Calzy_G Member

Newcomer
    Dec 23, 2018
    United Kingdom
    That was an xci file under 4GB on a FAT32 partition. The ones I split using xci-cutter don't show up at all.

9. dsrules

dsrules GBAtemp Guru

Sep 20, 2005
    maybe there is no cheat for that game? try other games

10. lisko

lisko Member

Newcomer
    Oct 28, 2018
    Italy
    Hi @blawar some bugs for you on this as well as tinfoil 5.0
    - I use your tools to copy my xcis from my NAS's ftp to my switch sdcard and with ethernet I always got good speeds (40+ MB/s) compared sending to switch ftp server (3 MB/s). From sx installer 3.0 and tinfoil 5.00 the copy n paste in file explorer is broken as it attempts to start the transfer but it fails immediately. Sometimes gives some errors like: "unable to open location.conf for writing" and "unable to create thread"
    - Install system firmware on sxos 2.9.2 with sx installer or tinfoil 5 is broken. Trying to install 9.0.1 firmware gives an error saying "your cfw only support up to version 0.0.0" and abort the process. Fix it and also make an option (maybe holding a key when pressing install) to bypass this check for testing purposes.
    I hope you will fix the copy and paste bug fast as of now transfer my backups became a pita. Thank you.

11. Kaybag182

Newcomer
    Oct 12, 2018
    Australia
    I’m not sure if this was a bug or not but when I copied Witcher 3 from my hd to my fat32 sd card I got a ‘game card cannot be read’ error message after the game split. I then split it again using xci cutter on my pc and it worked fine.

Not sure if this is a bug for large file games or what.

12. RedBlueGreen

RedBlueGreen GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 10, 2015
    Canada
    Either way I won't be able to do any save modding on the vanilla console which my games would all be on.

13. lisko

lisko Member

Newcomer
    Oct 28, 2018
    Italy
    Also during file copying would be nice to also see download speed and make them appear in the queue for easy tracking in case of background copies.

14. RedHunter

RedHunter GBAtemp Fan

Dec 12, 2014
    Italy
    With this installer there is the option to install nsp from the pc, but there is a way to install xci games? Because my collection is all made of xci even The Witcher 3 with it's huge space.

15. Joeli53

Joeli53 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2015
    United States
    Does SX Installer work without crashing now? Every time I tried launching SX Installer on 8.1 and 2.8 SX OS, it always immediately crashed. I heard that you need to connect to the internet at least once to open SX Installer, but I'm never going to allow my emuNAND to connect to the internet for risk of ban. Am I just out of luck on using SX Installer?

16. lisko

lisko Member

Newcomer
    Oct 28, 2018
    Italy
    Keep enabled stealth mode and you can connect without ban risk as all connections to ninty are blocked

17. ShigoNaito

ShigoNaito Member

Newcomer
    Mar 12, 2019
    Philippines
    I dont have my Switch in front of me, but i fixed this by going into the sx folder you installed with the installer and deleting the cache folder. Dont just empty the folder, delete the folder. After that when you start it you will get a tinfoil error but you can just click ok and go into the installer like normal.

There is no need to go online that I know of.

18. lahma

lahma Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 29, 2017
    United States
    Last edited by lahma, Oct 17, 2019 at 12:32 PM
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted