TX Presents SX Installer v1.4

Chinese New Year maybe here, but Xecuter does not take holidays, so they are back again with yet another update!
SXAPP14.jpg

To help ring in the Year of the Pig, here is a Happy New Update, this time for their SX Installer App, with v1.4 bringing with it New Features for you to enjoy trying out on your modded Nintendo Switch console, during the Spring Holiday Festival. :)
SX Installer is back with another update!

Now available in V1.4, it adds several features including support for homebrew install and auto update.
  • Added paging of game icons for large collections to lower memory consumption.
  • Added support for Retroarch ROM icons.
  • Added support for SFTP and FTPS.
  • Added "Homebrew Store" for downloading, installing, and updating SX recommended homebrew applications, including SX Installer itself.
  • Ability to dump updates and DLC's to NSP from XCI titles.
  • General UI enhancements.
That's all for today. Stay tuned!

—< Team-Xecuter - Rocking the Switch in 2019 and beyond! >—

:arrow: Source: MaxConsole

Mthodmn101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Out of curiosity what homebrew is bundled?

Secondly, meh. NX-hbappstore already exists and let's the devs submit their projects directly. Unless you really want a TX skin around hb app store, I doubt you'd get much use out of it.

Except not all hb is on that appstore.. which is why i assume this was added.. So TX can autoupdate their stuff

Mthodmn101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guess we don't need hb-appstore anymore. Inb4 it gets the Homebrew from switchbru :wink:

Also, why does this need to be a feature exactly? Does it provide any benefit over hb-appstore? Just curious.

hb-appstore does not include tinfoil and tx apps, so if you want an autoupdater, guess this is next best thing

XorTroll

Switching between my 2DS and my Switch
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
Not trying to spread hate, but isn't this app a installer? Looks like you guys are trying to convert it into a multipurpose tool...
And also, that store idea... making a homebrew store might be kinda pointless at this point, as we have hb-appstore, and if you guys only include TX apps... (having it as a SX-only store would be a better idea)

Mthodmn101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not trying to spread hate, but isn't this app a installer? Looks like you guys are trying to convert it into a multipurpose tool...
And also, that store idea... making a homebrew store might be kinda pointless at this point, as we have hb-appstore, and if you guys only include TX apps... (having it as a SX-only store would be a better idea)

But then ud have to go into the installer to update TX stuff and then into hb-appstore to update other stuff? Seems kinda redundant..... no one is forced to use it if they dont want to.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Can't you do that with any NSP dumper?

You could dump nsp games updates easily, but if you're not using emunand and want to download an update from Ninty servers - you could load an xci in cfw - and switch to system nand, then from system nand go online and get an update for the xci (without being banned). Now you can dump those from system nand easily, and you don't need to install an nsp to your sysnand.

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
You could dump nsp games updates easily, but if you're not using emunand and want to download an update from Ninty servers - you could load an xci in cfw - and switch to system nand, then from system nand go online and get an update for the xci (without being banned). Now you can dump those from system nand easily, and you don't need to install an nsp to your sysnand.
But aren't all updates NSPs anyways? So you can always dump them as .nsp even if they are for XCI (and yo you got them officially)?
Or what is the difference between update you apply to XCI and update you apply to NSP. Are they saved differently or why can't they be dumped with any nsp dumper?

Last edited by Kubas_inko,

seaweavil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone else getting a black screen upon launch? 1.4 doesn't load at all. I even tried a fresh installation of it. I have to press home to close out of it. All prior versions worked, but 1.4 wont start for me, hmm.

I have this too. But if you wait about a minute on that screen it will eventually load.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
But aren't all updates NSPs anyways? So you can always dump them as .nsp even if they are for XCI (and yo you got them officially)?
Or what is the difference between update you apply to XCI and update you apply to NSP. You can't download the one applied to XCI?

Updates are nsp, but you couldn't dump them if the game you were using was xci, now when you mount an xci - you can dump the update you got from the nintendo server, no need to install the xci or nsp version of the game first.

morrison22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone successfully got sx installer 1.4 to launch?
I have this too. But if you wait about a minute on that screen it will eventually load.

I waited 2 minutes. I will try waiting 10 minutes and see if that helps. Maybe a first run thing? idk.. Does your screen go completely black?

Edit: It loaded after 4 minutes of black screen. So that's that.

Last edited by morrison22,

wiewiec

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Chinese New Year maybe here, but Xecuter does not take holidays, so they are back again with yet another update!
View attachment 157058

To help ring in the Year of the Pig, here is a Happy New Update, this time for their SX Installer App, with v1.4 bringing with it New Features for you to enjoy trying out on your modded Nintendo Switch console, during the Spring Holiday Festival. :)

That's all for today. Stay tuned!

—< Team-Xecuter - Rocking the Switch in 2019 and beyond! >—

:arrow: Source: MaxConsole

Gary is this StargateNX crap based on TX Installer? By the way... you're little bit brave man, you're not affraid that Nintendo lawiers contact you by fact you're promoting this piracy service on your site hmm ?

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Gary is this StargateNX crap based on TX Installer? By the way... you're little bit brave man, you're not affraid that Nintendo lawiers contact you by fact you're promoting this piracy service on your site hmm ?
Why would he be brave? He is not doing anything illegal to begin with.

nachuz

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
This update is actually good,
Why would he be brave? He is not doing anything illegal to begin with.
Not related, but he actually did something illegal: be part of SX development, which includes copyrighted Nintendo stuff stripped from cartridges for XCI loading (that's why you can only load XCI on SX)
garyopa could be in prison sooner than late because he is located on Canada and not China, which makes him detectable for Nintendo

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
This update is actually good,

Not related, but he actually did something illegal: be part of SX development, which includes copyrighted Nintendo stuff stripped from cartridges for XCI loading (that's why you can only load XCI on SX)
garyopa could be in prison sooner than late because he is located on Canada and not China, which makes him detectable for Nintendo
Garyopa is sx os developer? From when?

nachuz

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Garyopa is sx os developer? From when?
Since be a developer doesn't always mean code and all that stuff, just the fact that he is the one who upload the updates (and if I'm not wrong, he revealed to be part of Team Xecuter) and also takes feedback makes him a developer
I could obviously be wrong

wiewiec

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Since be a developer doesn't always mean code and all that stuff, just the fact that he is the one who upload the updates (and if I'm not wrong, he revealed to be part of Team Xecuter) and also takes feedback makes him a developer
I could obviously be wrong

For me promoting CFW isn't bad, but promoting piracy service like StargateNX is illegal for sure for me. Gbatemp is agaist piracy and know that "promotion" will be harmful for site, because all threads related to this service was blocked.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Can't wait for season 2