TX Announces SX OS v2.2 BETA with Docked USB Drive Support

It's only been a week since Team-Xecuter made the big announcement of SX OS v2.1 with their 'cheat engine'

SXOS22.jpg

And now they are back and on a roll with them adding 'Docked USB Drive Support' and many other nice improvements to their 'cheat engine' and a few bug fixes! :)
How do you do, dear SX OS users?

Today we are back once again with a much anticipated new feature as well as various improvements to existing functionality for SX OS. While this is still labelled as BETA we've had some good success with it internally, we're looking forward to your feedback.

Lets jump into the list of changes!
  • Docked USB drive support!
Yes. You read it right. You can now plug a USB mass storage device into your switch' dock and load XCI or install NSP content from there directly. No longer are you limited by the size of your microSD card when playing the switch from the comfort of your couch, but you can now enjoy TERABYTES of content by using external harddisks and such! The filesystem on the drive needs to be either FAT32 or exFAT, and the directories that are being scanned for content are equal to the ones you'd use on the microSD card.
  • Updates to the cheat system
    • More accurate progress indication during cheat search
      People were reporting "freezes" during cheat searches, often times these were just due to impatience and a suboptimal UI from our end. The progress bars are more honest and update more frequently now!
    • Cheat search for exact value requires no initial dump anymore
      For 'exact value' searches a big initial dump file on your microSD is not needed, and since this is often the way people start a cheat search we decided to streamline the cheat finder process a bit. You are now prompted with a question whether you want to start an exact value search or arbitrary value search, in case of the former the process will be much faster.
    • Automatically apply/disable cheats upon toggle
      The interface for "applying" the cheats was a bit counterintuitive, you now no longer have to press the plus (+) button in order to apply cheats. They are automatically applied/disabled once you toggle them. Disabling cheats now properly works as well, so there's no need for having a dummy cheat any more to work around that limitation.
    • Ability to add cheats using the UI
      Identifying memory locations for cheats using just the console is nice, but previously there was no way of adding an actual cheat-code for a location you found to the cheat code library. This has been addressed, and there is now an interface for doing this directly from our menu.
  • Show homebrew NSP icons in TX menu
    Some homebrew NSP titles were not displaying their icons properly. This has been investigated and fixed.
  • Fix error 2345-0021 when in docked mode opening TX menu
    People who play/cheat in docked mode will like this fix. The frequent crashes that happened when opening the TX menu in docked mode are now a thing of the past!
That's it folks. Enjoy this BETA and let us know what you think. We have more tricks up our sleeves, more rabbits in our tophats. And we only have one gear: FORWARD.

--< Team-Xecuter - Rocking the Switch in 2018 and beyond! >--
Enjoy! :)

:arrow: Source: MaxConsole

Last edited by garyopa, , Reason: typos

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would never use a non powered drive external unless it was a flash drive. It draws 2 much power out of the port wich eventually burns out the port and then you're basically fucked without that single usb c port. I had many ports die over the years by using non external powered USB hubs. You're all warned

It's not like the drive is consistently powered on though. The drive powers off when switch is in sleep mode when docked and powers off instantly when the switch is in handheld mode. Also most external hdd's spin down to not use as much power when they are idle. I'd say it's a non issue.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It's not like the drive is consistently powered on though. The drive powers off when switch is in sleep mode when docked and powers off instantly when the switch is in handheld mode. Also most external hdd's spin down to not use as much power when they are idle. I'd say it's a non issue.
We'll see. I'm pretty sure it will but ey it's your usb c port, not mine

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anyone else getting this error? It now happens anytime I power on the switch with the USB drive connected? It’s formatted as exfat. Thinking about trying fat32 to see if the problem persists. It’s odd because all was working until installing a bunch of nsp files and putting switch to sleep.

Attachments

• B5AAF4D8-FECA-449B-9145-4A480B058DC0.jpeg
    B5AAF4D8-FECA-449B-9145-4A480B058DC0.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 225

Moko

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Anyone else getting this error? It now happens anytime I power on the switch with the USB drive connected? It’s formatted as exfat. Thinking about trying fat32 to see if the problem persists. It’s odd because all was working until installing a bunch of nsp files and putting switch to sleep.
looks like the title of your (nsp?) file is too long
it should not be over 67 (?) chars

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
looks like the title of your (nsp?) file is too long
it should not be over 67 (?) chars
That doesn't make any sense as the nsp's are installed to the sdcard and only happens as soon as the usb drive is connected. I've deleted all nsp files off the hdd and the error still persists.

Vieela

GBATemp's official thinker™
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Nice! I really wonder how they pulled off the USB support. I'm not a big fan of them because of the scandalous stuff that has been said before about them, but it's still nice to see them working for their product. Wonder what will they bring next?

Reactions: Ty_

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Both ports and fat32 returns the same results. Wonder if my emunand is messed up because it doesn't happen when booting into ofw.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Have you tried with the other ports?

Also disabled emunand and booted sxos and issue returned. So it must be my USB hard drive. It doesn't happen when I use a pen drive.

Last edited by fringle,

Dominator211

JFK's Jelly Donut
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you take the switch out the dock the external drive just unmounts and the game list refreshes. Also took it out while running game to see what happens. Doing it in Bayonetta 2’s menu just caused the music to stop, starts again when plugged back in. Taking it out during loading screen caused game to close and gives an error, then it asks you to check for corrupt data, finds none and the game remounts.
now im just curious as to what the switch itself says. like in settings

matias3ds

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Here's an article that outlines the differences. https://www.howtogeek.com/193669/whats-the-difference-between-gpt-and-mbr-when-partitioning-a-drive/ The biggest issue is that no matter how large the drive with MBR only 2tb of space will be usable leaving the rest as allocated space.
Yes you have to format the drive when converting one to another at least with windows. Partition software can sometimes convert MBR to GPT without potential data loss but as far as I know you can't go GPT to MBR without wiping the drive no matter what software you use.
Thanks it was really usefull , I woudnt change the partition I like having a 4 tb , I will probably use the 1 tb that I have thanks

Reactions: fringle

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Do I make you randy!!! Lol