TX Announces SX OS v1.9 with more v6.0 support and 'Update SX OS' feature via Switch

Team-Xecuter is back again with yet another update to their SX OS. Check out the latest changes below with their new v1.9 update:

SX19.jpg

For one they have finally added one of the top requested items, 'Auto-Update', so you can now finally check for and directly update your 'boot.dat' (the SX OS core) right from the ease of your Switch console, no more ejecting the MicroSD and copying over the new file on your PC/MAC and at the same time they have also improved both the FTP and upcoming v6.0 support for when Nintendo finally does roll-out the new firmware. :)

While we're all still waiting for Nintendo to release the much anticipated 6.0 firmware officially, we decided to do another SX OS update with some useful and exciting fixes and changes.

Our v1.8 release had an issue for the early adopters of firmware 6.0 where the web applet would crash. This has now been resolved!

We also have some good news for the users of the builtin FTP server: stability and speed of the FTP functionality has been improved.

One request we've been getting a lot since the start of our continuous stream of SX OS updates is a method for updating SX OS from within SX OS itself; saving you the hassle of having to swap your microSD out and into the switch all the time whenever we bring something new to the table. Good news! This will be the last time that procedure is needed!

With SX OS v1.9 we introduce our brand new "Update SX OS" functionality. This can be invoked from the menu by selecting "Update SX OS" in the "OPTIONS" tab. This will perform an OTA (Over-The-Air) update using the WiFi connection configured on your switch. If any new updates are found you will be prompted to install them. Enjoy!

Thanks for your continued support and feedback. Have a wonderful day!

--< Team-Xecuter - Rocking the Switch in 2018 and beyond! >--
To download the new SX OS, as usual you can find it on their official SX Family portal: --> sx.xecuter.com

:arrow: Source: MaxConsole

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
So much for "were gonna listen to the critique I gave you" (aka use goddamn semantic versioning) to which I got a response when I mentioned it in the OP for the last thread eh?

Oh well, lying is another thing to be added to the list of stupid shit TX pulls.

Anyhoo, took them long enough. Last week we were at what? 1.6? Now we're at goddamn 1.9, all because you can't do proper bugtesting before releasing and the concept of properly learning to version your shit is of course alien to you.

Anyway, I'd offload the usual stuff about the GPL, but I suppose that is off-topic because hey, if you can bury it in a containment thread to hide the criticism of a product in the actual thread about the product, that makes logical sense right?

Lycan911

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ayyy, the updater is a neat feature. Now they just need to add sorting options and I'll be 100% satisfied with my purchase.

Soluble

Trophies
XP
Country
Updating from SXOS itself was pretty much the last thing I wanted. Haven't used the FTP function yet, but will be handy. As for why use SXOS when you can do mostly the same thing for free (excluding XCI loading) I(and most others) purchased SXOS for the dongle and the fact that you couldn't play 'backup' games for free when SXOS launched. So if it functions perfectly, why change.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great stuff, Am pleased with this update. Am also interested if it can update SXOS on a superbanned console?
"Superbanning" aka CDN bans (the phrase superban is confusing to people unfamiliar with the term) restricts all access to Nintendo's online service however all other online functions should work perfectly fine. If they didn't, that is a sign of a defective product.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
-snip-

"Ignore them" (such a cliche) if only that were entirely possible when they begin to plague the front page. Don't respond if you're not going to offer real insight, thanks. These TX/SX "updates" are borderline spam at this point.

Last edited by Quantumcat, , Reason: Removed deleted post quote

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
@Costello Why does this need a third topic in almost as many days? Should SXOS not just have one megathread like: All other CFW, all other homebrew, all other projects?

This seems a little excessive to have a new topic for every single minor revision that is applied to SXOS
That's exactly what I was telling my staff, but I'd like to have it the other way. I don't want to reduce exposure, I'd like to give everyone the same level of exposure instead. We are trying to get our magazine staff to increase coverage of scene projects such as emulators, homebrew, translations, and all others. This will especially be meaningful now that we have been officially accepted as a news source in Google News :) would be neat to see an article about your homebrew project in Google News, wouldn't it?

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's exactly what I was telling my staff, but I'd like to have it the other way. I don't want to reduce exposure, I'd like to give everyone the same level of exposure instead. We are trying to get our magazine staff to increase coverage of scene projects such as emulators, homebrew, translations, and all others. This will especially be meaningful now that we have been officially accepted as a news source in Google News :) would be neat to see an article about your homebrew project in Google News, wouldn't it?
So should we start posting new topics for all homebrew project version releases, instead of using the "megathreads" that are currently in use?

That sounds like a terribad idea :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: leo @'d me in a thread about his last dream, stating he was passionately making out with a guy...