TX Announces SX OS v1.9 with more v6.0 support and 'Update SX OS' feature via Switch

Team-Xecuter is back again with yet another update to their SX OS. Check out the latest changes below with their new v1.9 update:

SX19.jpg

For one they have finally added one of the top requested items, 'Auto-Update', so you can now finally check for and directly update your 'boot.dat' (the SX OS core) right from the ease of your Switch console, no more ejecting the MicroSD and copying over the new file on your PC/MAC and at the same time they have also improved both the FTP and upcoming v6.0 support for when Nintendo finally does roll-out the new firmware. :)

While we're all still waiting for Nintendo to release the much anticipated 6.0 firmware officially, we decided to do another SX OS update with some useful and exciting fixes and changes.

Our v1.8 release had an issue for the early adopters of firmware 6.0 where the web applet would crash. This has now been resolved!

We also have some good news for the users of the builtin FTP server: stability and speed of the FTP functionality has been improved.

One request we've been getting a lot since the start of our continuous stream of SX OS updates is a method for updating SX OS from within SX OS itself; saving you the hassle of having to swap your microSD out and into the switch all the time whenever we bring something new to the table. Good news! This will be the last time that procedure is needed!

With SX OS v1.9 we introduce our brand new "Update SX OS" functionality. This can be invoked from the menu by selecting "Update SX OS" in the "OPTIONS" tab. This will perform an OTA (Over-The-Air) update using the WiFi connection configured on your switch. If any new updates are found you will be prompted to install them. Enjoy!

Thanks for your continued support and feedback. Have a wonderful day!

--< Team-Xecuter - Rocking the Switch in 2018 and beyond! >--
To download the new SX OS, as usual you can find it on their official SX Family portal: --> sx.xecuter.com

:arrow: Source: MaxConsole

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So there is nothing i can do?
Devising a way to unban users involves cracking the encryption on console certificates and those are locked behind a 2,048 character long key. The alternative would be for someone to spoof another console's certificate on a banned Switch, however this is highly impractical as its much easier to just purchase a second Switch instead. If you have the time though, I would recommend submitting a ban report here so we can warn other users about the actions that may have lead to your ban.

Reactions: godreborn

BionicGecko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Are fuses burned if the switch is updated from SX OS to 6.0? I remember something like this, but I'm not sure.

With regards to fuses, it doesn't matter whether you update from within OFW, ReiNX or SX OS - the fuses are burnt when the system reboots after the update. As the update removes AutoRCM (if you're using it) then unless you have your jig already in place and finger already on the volume button to immediately enter RCM when the system reboots, the system will boot straight into OFW and burn your fuses.

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
With regards to fuses, it doesn't matter whether you update from within OFW, ReiNX or SX OS - the fuses are burnt when the system reboots after the update. As the update removes AutoRCM (if you're using it) then unless you have your jig already in place and finger already on the volume button to immediately enter RCM when the system reboots, the system will boot straight into OFW and burn your fuses.
I see. So are the fuses only burned on the direct reboot after the update? What if the Switch is booted to OFW at a later point, are the fuses then burned?

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That is what I said, yes. As far as I know, it's the bootloader that burns the fuses so booting to OFW from Hekate or any other bootloader *might* be safe.
So basically there's is no difference in using Choidujour to update or updating the system normally and directly going into RCM on reboot, right?

BionicGecko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
so do we update to 6.0 or not iam using sx os

Well the new features pretty much all require to be online, and Nintendo seems to be quite aggressive with the banning on 6.0, so I really don't see any reason to update until a game comes out which you want and requires 6.0.

Reactions: scroeffie

scroeffie

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well the new features pretty much all require to be online, and Nintendo seems to be quite aggressive with the banning on 6.0, so I really don't see any reason to update until a game comes out which you want and requires 6.0.

ah oke makes sense unless a new game comes out that needs 6.0 dont update perfect
all we realy need is external hdd support

kornjaca200

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It is up to you i personally did the update because i want to play splatoon 2 online, and all those measures to stay offline in horizon it is just banning yourself in my opinion.

In sx os I'm always airplane mode and only use xci still no ban, if i get banned than i will buy another switch to enjoy splatoon and mario kart etc

Raikkonen94

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

That's also my strategy. But once Super Mario Party releases in a couple of weeks (not to mention Pokemon and Smash later on) I will have to surrender, haha

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: morning fellas, it's my birthday