Homebrew TWPatcher - DS(i) mode screen filters and patches

• Thread starter Sono
  • Start date
  • Views 752,937
  • Replies 2,428
  • Likes 101

Are you interested in a complete replacement of TwlBg which includes all patches?

• Yes, I don't care how broken it will be!

Votes: 188 79.3%
  • No, I don't want to use even more broken stuff

Votes: 20 8.4%
  • Yes, but only in GBA mode, because I play DSi exclusives

Votes: 12 5.1%
  • No, because I only use DS and DSi mode

Votes: 17 7.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Is the Original Patch somehow necessery in order to the widescreen to work?

I`m asking because i`ve followed the tutorial (twice already: using the '1000' and the '1010'), already updated the TWL Cias... the Luma external modules are set... I really dont have a clue where is the problem.

The 1000 and 1100 ones were a mistake, use the 1010 one!

Also, what do you mean by "original patch" ? You CAN use /luma/sysmodules/TwlBg.cxi, but ONLY if it was made with the first public editon (either the "Teste" one with the Pictochat banner or the current one with the purple logo/banner), but it's pointless if you're applying the widescreen patch.

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
the one named TWpatch.CIA

Oh you meant PATCHER, not patch!

That still works, but it doesn't have the widescreen patches, and CTR_Redshift is inaccessible (no GUI).

You can use the TwlBg.cxi generated using TWPatch (TWL Patcher) if you rename the file to section0.bin, but only with the current version. Newer versions will be incompatible with the exe!

Filipe Diniz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.cin.ufpe.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Oh you meant PATCHER
Sorry man, my bad... English is still a "thing" for me :rofl:
I edited my post.
I just saw, I`ve figured out the 'content' folder step...
I`ll check the characters and Lower/Uppercases to see if I`m missing anything...

And, sorry for bothering you guys! You are the Best!

Reactions: RocketRobz and Sono

Filipe Diniz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.cin.ufpe.br
XP
Country
Brazil
I`ll check the characters and Lower/Uppercases to see if I`m missing anything...
no luck here :(

Tried the tutorial again... no luck there again

So, just to make sure i`m not wasting your time in vain, is there any prerequisit other than: TWiLight Menu++ >9.0.0, Luma external FIRMs and modules enabled, and "Screen Aspect Ratio" set to "16:10"?
Anything about widescreen cheats... or keeping a cxi archive on Lumas Sysmodules... (I really dont know anything about this... just asking based on previous replies)

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no luck here :(

Tried the tutorial again... no luck there again

So, just to make sure i`m not wasting your time in vain, is there any prerequisit other than: TWiLight Menu++ >9.0.0, Luma external FIRMs and modules enabled, and "Screen Aspect Ratio" set to "16:10"?
Anything about widescreen cheats... or keeping a cxi archive on Lumas Sysmodules... (I really dont know anything about this... just asking based on previous replies)
You just need to create a "sysmodules" folder in the "luma" folder on the SD card, if widescreen doesn't work for a listed game.

Reactions: Filipe Diniz

Filipe Diniz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.cin.ufpe.br
XP
Country
Brazil
You just need to create a "sysmodules" folder in the "luma" folder on the SD card, if widescreen doesn't work for a listed game.
I`ll check this out

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You just need to create a "sysmodules" folder in the "luma" folder on the SD card
Yay!! It did work!
My luma directory did not had this 'sysmodules' folder... (dont know why... I Guess it does not come by default...) but once I created it, the Widescreen start working!
I think it would be nice to put that as a warning in the tutorial... and maybe (dont really know if its possible) to create this folder automatically on future updates for the TWiLight Menu++

Thank you so much @Robz8 and @Sono. You were very kind replying a noob like me =D

Last edited by Filipe Diniz,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I`ll check this out

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yay!! It did work!
My luma directory did not had this 'sysmodules' folder... (dont know why... I Guess it does not came by default...) but once I created the Widescreen started to work!
I think it would be nice to put that as a warning in the tutorial... and maybe (dont really know if its possible) to create this folder automatically on future updates for the TWiLight Menu++

Thank you so much @Robz8 and @Sono. You were very kind replying a noob like me =D
The next version of TWLMenu++ will create the "sysmodules" folder, if it doesn't exist.

Reactions: Filipe Diniz

ShinraTenseiX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Widescreen patch doesn't work for me. I did the instructions and everything. It just won't go into 16:10.. I enabled it and everything.

ElderC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
@Raylight, @Robz8, and @Hyper99: the patcher is 64bit, and the patcher can both accept the the DECRYPTED .app, extracted .firm (ctrtool extracts it as exefs.bin), or section0.bin from the .firm as long as it's named section0.bin

Nope. As I said, this only includes patches, not scale matrixes. But it doesn't matter, because this patcher is for widescreen-only, and the widescreen patch writes an identity (which produces the input) into the X matrix unit, so it doesn't really matter.

I did nothing since the last status update I posted. It's too warm and too low air pressure, and my brain is just disabled from it.

Ah, so that is what "No pattern selection" meant, sorry didn't really get the terminology

Allow me some more noob questions: If the widescreen patch writes an identity into the matrix, Does that mean that you can't have both improved image quality (through a filter/pattern) and widescreen at the same time?
If that is the case could changing between them be something trivial or you would have to "settle" with one or another?

God I hope I didn't say something too stupid haha, and please keep taking care of yourself dude, those temperatures sounds like pure dread.

Last edited by ElderC,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo