Two possible issues with Ak2i or Akaio..

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Freek, Feb 11, 2011.

Feb 11, 2011
  1. Freek
    OP

Newcomer Freek Member

United States
    So i just got my Ak2i today and im running it with a 2gb kingston micro in a DSL...everything works fine with the exception of the 2 following issues...which may not be issues at all and just normal

1. When attempting to flash the ak2i with the 1.4.1 fw when i get to the blue screen at the top it shows R4Dsi instead of AK2i...i downloaded the files from both the noob guide and filetrip...i followed the directions in the noob guide...is it saying R4Dsi at the top normal and is it safe to flash with that file?

2. Any official word on battery draining faster while running an ak2i? i understand constantly accessing the micro sd will cause some extra drain just due to the constant back and forth between hardware....but ive only been messing with my ak2i since 7 and its now 12...so 5 hours and its showing a full green battery at cart select screen but as soon as i hit the ak2i it changes to red...just the other day while playing a real ds cart i had it running for almost 15 hours...not all playing some time was in standby... i just charged the ds this morning...so its coming off a fresh charge

so if anyone has any info on either of those or has maybe any recommendations on either...please feel free to drop a post

thanks for reading

2. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    1 - Yes, that's the official one. The R4i Ultra is an OEM build of the AK2i, so they share some info.

2 - Somebody did tests her a bit back testing a lot of flash carts under various scenarios, the loss for a standard flash cart like the AK2i was negligible, on the order of a few minutes of lost time for a charge.

3. Freek
    OP

Newcomer Freek Member

United States
    Good deal a little more piece of mind towards both then...i appreciate the response Rydian

a question i meant to ask in the first post...if my ak2i is already on 1.4.1 fw would attempting to flash it again brick it or have any other negative side affects or its it safe to do it? i would assume it would not but ill ask just to make sure

and its very possible that the battery has some of its capacity and i may just had gotten lucky with my 15 charge

4. CannonFoddr

Member CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

United Kingdom

5. Rydian

United States
    Cannon: I actually means another user who tested current drainage and usage for multiple flash carts under various scenarios such as music and the DSTwo's video playing and emulation capabilities, and it was put into a chart.

And attempting to re-flash your card will not hurt it.

6. CannonFoddr

Member CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

United Kingdom
    oops sorry - just the way you originally put it sounded similar to what I did ... which was "testing various cards on different systems with different setups" (which could be considered IMHO as 'different scenarios')

Easy mistake to make - I think [​IMG]

7. Rydian

United States
    I'm the one that wasn't being specific enough.

8. Freek
    OP

Newcomer Freek Member

United States
    thanks for the info and help...all seems well...currently testing the limits of the battery...but it may just be that time is up for the battery