Two broken DSs. Need a help.

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Gagarin, Jul 10, 2011.

Jul 10, 2011

Two broken DSs. Need a help. by Gagarin at 2:08 AM (631 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Gagarin
    OP

Member Gagarin GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I have two broken DS's. One was just dead, second one is the bottom screen not working.
    I opened both, but now both of them are dead.
    Is there anybody skilled enough to help me with fixing of them?
    Should I sell them to you guys for parts?
    Maybe I should fix it via Nintendo service? Do you guys know how much it is going to be?
    Don't know what to do.

2. Sora de Eclaune

Member Sora de Eclaune Baby squirrel, you's a sexy motherfucker.

United States
    Sending it to Nintendo will cost you around $70+, depending on the DS. If they came before DSi's, there's little chance that Nintendo will repair the DS's. Even then, they may just send you refurbished DS's anyway if the damage is too great.

Your best bet if the DS's are Phats or Lites is to find an electronics place that will service the DS's or have someone you know fix them (which if they can't fix it or break it even more, you haven't lost a thing).

If they can't be fixed, then you'll just have to buy new ones, I guess. In that case, you COULD sell them to someone here for parts. At least with that you could get more money from them than if you tried to sell them to Gamestop or somewhere similar.

3. ferret7463

Member ferret7463 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    If the DSes are phats then the repairs won't be to bad. Just go to youtube and search NDS repair and there are videos that show you how to take the things apart. I just got done rebuilding my DS phat. I had to buy a new case and new hinges and battery. after all said and done i was out $15 and 2hrs of time. If i was you i would see about taking parts from both to make one.

4. Hyro-Sama

Member Hyro-Sama I'm from the fucking future.

Japan
    Ask thieves like us. He does DS repairs.