Two Acekards, only one seems to be working...

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Neilw1, Nov 27, 2012.

Nov 27, 2012
  1. Neilw1
    OP

Newcomer Neilw1 Newbie

United Kingdom
    Hello,
    I've just received two Acekard 2i cartridges for my two 3DS (version 4.1.0-8E) machines.

I've put on the latest 1.9 AKAIO onto my microSD cards.

I've only tried them on one 3DS and on using one cartridge it's fine and works, on the other it sees nothing, the game slot is empty. I've tried the same microSD card in both so it's not the way I created the microSD.

Is this a DOA or is there anything else I need to do? I don't think it could be one had an old firmware as the website (gamekool) says all the cartridges have been flashed to the latest version.

btw, I've searched the internet trying to find out how to check firmware versions on AceKard (just so I know for the working one at least) but I cannot find anything. Does anyone know. I guess it just must be the icon for the game (my working one is pippa funnel)?

Thanks.

2. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
  3. Neilw1
    OP

Newcomer Neilw1 Newbie

United Kingdom
    You could be right. I put it in my DS lite and it just said no cartridge inserted.

I followed the guide here for checking for alignment, etc. I tried inserting some paper at the back and inside to raise the contacts with no joy.

It looks like all is aligned to me (photos below/attached)? if so does this look like a DOA then?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

4. lokomelo

Member lokomelo Edson Arantes do Nascimento

Brazil
    have you tried the paper trick from the link that Rydian showed to you?
    This one worked for me:
    [​IMG]

5. Neilw1
    OP

Newcomer Neilw1 Newbie

United Kingdom
    Yes. It also looks identical to the other card I bought at the same time which does work.

I've emailed gamekool and told them I'd like a replacement. Whether they do (they seem nice enough to not rip me off) or if it arrives before christmas is another matter.

I've also asked them if I could pay the extra and swap it for a DSTwo as these seem a bit more robust and better made and they say they are all tested before they are shipped out. If not, a working AK2 will do me but it probably means no mario sticker star for me :)

6. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Er, you do know that nothing plays 3DS ROMs, right?

7. Neilw1
    OP

Newcomer Neilw1 Newbie

United Kingdom
    Yes, I do.

I meant, if I buy sticker star it forces you to upgrade to latest firmware causing all but the DSTwo to fail. So given it failed I asked if I could change the card at the same time.

8. porkiewpyne

Member porkiewpyne Report-er

Australia
    Technically there are a few others other than the DS2 which works on the latest firmware as can been seen in one of the stickies though the DSTwo is the one I'd recommend of all those available.