Twilight Princess HD refuses to display English on a Japanese Wii U

HotSnack

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
As the title implies, I can not make this game display English instead of Japanese on a Japanese Wii U.
I'm using the USA version downloaded form Wii U USB Helper, when installed the game launched but all in Japanese.
Tried decrypt, replace Fontus to Fontjp then Msgjp to Msgus at content/res and encrypt it back but the game just froze upon opening and stuck at title screen.
Tried spiik but it didnt work either.
Can anybody help me out on this? Other Nintendo games ive installed so far have been running in English flawlessly expect this game.

Anomaladox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried doing the file replacements as well with no luck, I hope I will come up with something but until then I tried Spiik and it does work flawlessly with Twilight Princess HD. What are you setting Spiik Settings to?

Last edited by Anomaladox,

HotSnack

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I tried doing the file replacements as well with no luck, I hope I will come up with something but until then I tried Spiik and it does work flawlessly with Twilight Princess HD. What are you setting Spiik Settings to?
i'm using the USA region game so i set to English language and USA region... now that i tried again, the game did show on English tho, but i want to replace the language file to save a bit of hassle because that's the only game i downloaded that needs Spiik and i usually forget to do things :(

Anomaladox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be honest it is going to be a pain in the ass. The game seems to replace the files with the originals on launch when it freezes so when you restart the game it is back to it's unmodified state. I will look around for more info, maybe I can figure out how to help you but for now Spiik is going to have to be your band-aid to this problem.

• Love
Reactions: HotSnack

HotSnack

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
To be honest it is going to be a pain in the ass. The game seems to replace the files with the originals on launch when it freezes so when you restart the game it is back to it's unmodified state. I will look around for more info, maybe I can figure out how to help you but for now Spiik is going to have to be your band-aid to this problem.
it has already been the pain in the ass :rofl: maybe i will try replace other files tho, hope that it will work

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: LOL