Gaming since 4
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
It was working fine previously but all of sudden it just decided to give up. Tried re-installing the app but no luck. Attached are pics of the error screen. IMG_20190301_162904.jpg IMG_20190301_162909.jpg

Reactions: The_Monado_Satyr

Namesnipe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since there's a lack of details, I'm just going to suggest doing the following.

1. Backup your saves and roms [Please do this.]
2. Delete the _nds folder, and the BOOT.NDS in the root.
3. Delete TWiLight Menu Launcher through DSiWare management
4. Reinstall TWiLight Menu++ along with the updater. Make sure to make the saves folder in nds if not done already.

Reactions: TurdPooCharger

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
It was working fine previously but all of sudden it just decided to give up. Tried re-installing the app but no luck. Attached are pics of the error screen.View attachment 159384 View attachment 159385
The qtm module is related to New3DS "super stable 3D" head tracking. The people I've seen before with errors related to it seemed to have a faulty camera module.
Strange that TWLMenu would trigger it though, I wouldn't think that would rely on super stable 3D :P

Gaming796

Gaming since 4
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Since there's a lack of details, I'm just going to suggest doing the following.

1. Backup your saves and roms [Please do this.]
2. Delete the _nds folder, and the BOOT.NDS in the root.
3. Delete TWiLight Menu Launcher through DSiWare management
4. Reinstall TWiLight Menu++ along with the updater. Make sure to make the saves folder in nds if not done already.
Will try doing this.
Edit: Didn't work.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The qtm module is related to New3DS "super stable 3D" head tracking. The people I've seen before with errors related to it seemed to have a faulty camera module.
Strange that TWLMenu would trigger it though, I wouldn't think that would rely on super stable 3D :P
Should I try disabling super stable 3D then? Coz recently it hasn't been working probably anyway for my 3DS games.

Edit: Disabling super stable 3D doesn't help. Still throws the same error.

Last edited by Gaming796,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Will try doing this.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Should I try disabling super stable 3D then? Coz recently it hasn't been working probably anyway for my 3DS games.

Edit: Disabling super stable 3D doesn't help. Still throws the same error.
Yeah, the qtm module still runs if SS3D is disabled. You can remove the qtm module altogether, you obviously won't have any super stable 3D, but the console will otherwise work. You can uninstall it from the title list in FBI (you might have to find the title ID by checking this page: https://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/Title_list ), and it can be reinstalled easily enough later on. Just make sure you don't delete the wrong things by accident.

Gaming796

Gaming since 4
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, the qtm module still runs if SS3D is disabled. You can remove the qtm module altogether, you obviously won't have any super stable 3D, but the console will otherwise work. You can uninstall it from the title list in FBI (you might have to find the title ID by checking this page: https://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/Title_list ), and it can be reinstalled easily enough later on. Just make sure you don't delete the wrong things by accident.
Thanks I'll try this. How do I re-install it though?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Thanks I'll try this. How do I re-install it though?
You should just need to perform a regular system update to reinstall it. Alternatively, you can grab the .cia file with 3DNUS and install it manually.

Edit: When you say super stable 3D hasn't been working, what exactly do you mean by that? It's just not tracking you at all and acting like an o3DS would? Cause that would definitely sound like a faulty front camera, it's happened to some people and seems to be the root of that error message as well.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,
Reactions: Gaming796

Gaming796

Gaming since 4
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
ummm I couldn't find the title. Can you confirm the TitleID? I think it is 0004013020004202.

Edit: nvm found it.

Edit 2: I tried looking for the TitleID given in the error screen but I don't find it in FBI. And uninstalling the title 0004013020004202 gave me the error in screenshot below at boot (which I fixed by restoring a NAND backup I had on my SD).

When you say super stable 3D hasn't been working, what exactly do you mean by that? It's just not tracking you at all and acting like an o3DS would? Cause that would definitely sound like a faulty front camera, it's happened to some people and seems to be the root of that error message as well.
Yup my Super Stable 3D is not working. It gives me a message saying Super Stable 3D is not functioning correctly when I calibrate it in System Settings. Additionally, whenever I put my system to sleep mode, it never wakes up, or occasionally does after a long time. Also, when I open the camera app, it takes an annoyingly long time to load and after it loads it just shows a black screen instead of what the camera sees (and if I switch between camera modes it just crashes). I believe my system has suffered some physical damage.:(:(

Edit 3: I have concluded that my front and rear facing cameras are broken, as a result of which the QTM process fails to work. Thus Super Stable 3D doesn't work anymore. Also, I also noted that whenever my system boots into to AGB_FIRM or TWL_FIRM, the QTM process is triggered and since my cameras are broken, the error screen appears. Tested this not just with TWiLight Menu++, but also GBA VC titles and a legit NDS cartridge I own. All boot to the same error screen.

FINAL EDIT: HURRAY FIXED THE PROB! I basically turned off the Arm11 Exception Handlers in Luma settings and the issue is gone! FOR GOOD!
IMG_20190302_131533.jpg

Last edited by Gaming796,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol