Homebrew Twilight Menu++ and GBA game problem

SmugLad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its been a while since I last picked up my 3DS about like four months or but I recently heard of Twilight Menu++ and picked it back up since I wanted to play DS games. I got everything installed fine and I went to open the Twilight Menu app installed by the .cia file and I heard a quiet click and my screen went completely black. I tried to play GBA games shortly after and the same thing happened. Both screens go black after the really quiet click noise but my 3DS doesn't turn off. This happens when I try to boot up GBA games, Twilight Menu++, and even my DS Wi-Fi connection in the settings. How do I fix this?

SmugLad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
follow the guide to fix this. this part (DSi / DS functionality is broken after completing the guide.)
I already tried this as you linked me it before. It doesn't fix anything, I also think its more than a DS functionality problem considering it does this to GBA VC games as well.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already tried this as you linked me it before. It doesn't fix anything, I also think its more than a DS functionality problem considering it does this to GBA VC games as well.
That guide provies a slightly outdated TWL_FIRM for one of the CIAs which does not work on firmware 11.9. Even if you're already on 11.9, try updating the 3DS firmware in System Settings or Recovery Mode to install it.

SmugLad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That guide provies a slightly outdated TWL_FIRM for one of the CIAs which does not work on firmware 11.9. Even if you're already on 11.9, try updating the 3DS firmware in System Settings or Recovery Mode to install it.
Sadly I tried both and these don't work. Trying to reboot in recovery results in a black screen like before and updating does nothing.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sadly I tried both and these don't work. Trying to reboot in recovery results in a black screen like before and updating does nothing.
  1. Are you using the CFW setup: boot9strap v1.3, Luma3DS v9.1, and GodMode9 v1.7.1 on both SD card and CTRNAND?
  2. Did you install the latest TWiLight Menu++ using instructions from the official thread?
  3. Does the black screen occurs as well for DSiWare games, like for example: Zelda 4 Swords?
    • Try something that's not TWiLight Menu++ or even a DS game cart / flashcart.
  4. Was your 3DS / 2DS ever region changed?
    • This might explain why Recovery Mode doesn't work.

Reactions: Tonpa and fmhugo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1