Twilight Hack v0.1 beta 2

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by mauifrog, Nov 16, 2010.

Nov 16, 2010

Twilight Hack v0.1 beta 2 by mauifrog at 4:37 PM (1,341 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. mauifrog
    OP

Member mauifrog DA KINE WiiHacker

United States
    Does anyone know if the beta 2 of the TPH works on 1.0-3.3 wiis, or must they run beta 1?
    I know hackmii says to use beta 1, but I was wondering if beta 2 would also work on 1.0-3.3 wiis.
    Has anyone tested this?
    Does the the hack copy to the wii?
    Does if work?
    Does it persist at reboot?

Just wondering

2. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    I'm pretty sure beta 2 only works on 3.4 wii's, I tried running beta 2 on a 3.2 (or 3.3) Wii a loooong time ago, and it failed.

On a related note, does anyone know what system menu update (if any) is included in the twilight princess update partition? I know it includes the boot2v2 update (useful for creating cboot2), so presumably it has a system menu update as well.

3. Burton

Member Burton Real Life VIP and Educator

Puerto Rico
    I don't think there was a SM in that game but to make sure of it I can Dump it (that game was the first one I bought. The reason: LOL [​IMG] )

This page includes a small list contaning some games (older ones) just in case someone in interested:

4. mauifrog
    OP

United States
    Twilight princess has boot2 v2 and ios9-v????

5. Burton

Puerto Rico
    It reminds me of a bad experience. A looong time ago when I had my wii at 3.2 I used Anytitile Deleter to delete all ioses except the sm and it's ios. When I inserted the retail twilight Princess disc it told me to update (it would install the missing ioses) when it finished updating the game reboot each time I tried to run through the disc channel because the game itself missed an ios (which I obtained later through the Sonic and the Secret Ring update partition). The thing is that it was a bad experience back then because I couldn't install TP Hack for some time until I figure out a solution.

6. Jamstruth

Member Jamstruth Secondary Feline Anthropomorph

United Kingdom
    Since Twilight Princess was a launch title I don't think there's likely to be an update on it. Unless they've changed it over the years its been out (and still selling well) but I doubt that very much

7. lulwut

Member lulwut GBAtemp Fan

Japan
    euhm

launch games had a SM and some ios updates afaik (some might even have a boot2 update)

8. Burton

Puerto Rico
    I browsed my NTSC Zelda TP disc with with Wiixplorer and this is all I found in the Update Partition:

RVL-Shopping-v4.wad
    RVL-Weather-v3.wad
    RVL-NigaoeNR-v2.wad
    RVL-WiiSystemmenu-v97.wad
    BOOT2-64-v2.wad
    RVL-mios-v4.wad
    RVL-Eulav_US-v0.wad
    IOS17-64-v512.wad
    IOS11-64-v10.wad
    RVL-News-v3.wad
    RVL-photo-v1.wad
    RVL-bc-v2.wad
    IOS15-64-v257.wad
    IOS12-64-v6.wad
    IOS13-64-v10.wad

Guess Xflak and lulwut were right, there is a system menu here.

9. techboy

Member techboy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    You sure about that? I just WUFE'd my NTSC-U Twilight Princess and got Boot2v2 and IOS9 v516. WiiXplorer also shows IOS9 and Boot2v2...

Also, in response to the original question: TP hack does not work on 1.0 wiis. The 1.0 menu has absolutely no SD support. On the rare occasion a 1.0 turns up, people just update their wii before modding.

10. Stevetry

Banned Stevetry Most perverted person in GBATEMP

Puerto Rico
    is there a hack to married Minda cuz thats all i want

11. mauifrog
    OP

United States
    Looks like some zelda have updates and some do not. The ones I examined also only had ios9 and boot2.

12. DarkMatterCore

Member DarkMatterCore I like turtles.

Venezuela
    I guess that's because of the game versions. Remember there were two versions around, right? The first one (which, to put it simple, use the first hacked slot from the TH) and the second one (that obviously uses the second slot).

BTW, you can quickly identify if your version is the second one because it also contains the Spanish language. The first one only contains English.

13. Burton

Puerto Rico
    yes, I verified again and my retail retail version does not include the ios9 which is the ios I have to extract from Sonic and the Secret Rings (my above story) and the boot2 that displays is BOOT2-64-v2.wad

Looks like there were different versions of the game as the above guy said. Mine's have Spanish if I remember well.