DA KINE WiiHacker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know if the beta 2 of the TPH works on 1.0-3.3 wiis, or must they run beta 1?
I know hackmii says to use beta 1, but I was wondering if beta 2 would also work on 1.0-3.3 wiis.
Has anyone tested this?
Does the the hack copy to the wii?
Does if work?
Does it persist at reboot?

Just wondering

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I'm pretty sure beta 2 only works on 3.4 wii's, I tried running beta 2 on a 3.2 (or 3.3) Wii a loooong time ago, and it failed.

On a related note, does anyone know what system menu update (if any) is included in the twilight princess update partition? I know it includes the boot2v2 update (useful for creating cboot2), so presumably it has a system menu update as well.

Burton

Real Life VIP and Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
XFlak said:
I'm pretty sure beta 2 only works on 3.4 wii's, I tried running beta 2 on a 3.2 (or 3.3) Wii a loooong time ago, and it failed.

On a related note, does anyone know what system menu update (if any) is included in the twilight princess update partition? I know it includes the boot2v2 update (useful for creating cboot2), so presumably it has a system menu update as well.

I don't think there was a SM in that game but to make sure of it I can Dump it (that game was the first one I bought. The reason: LOL
rolleyes.gif
)

This page includes a small list contaning some games (older ones) just in case someone in interested:

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:

Twilight princess has boot2 v2 and ios9-v????

Burton

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mauifrog said:
XFlak said:

Twilight princess has boot2 v2 and ios9-v????

It reminds me of a bad experience. A looong time ago when I had my wii at 3.2 I used Anytitile Deleter to delete all ioses except the sm and it's ios. When I inserted the retail twilight Princess disc it told me to update (it would install the missing ioses) when it finished updating the game reboot each time I tried to run through the disc channel because the game itself missed an ios (which I obtained later through the Sonic and the Secret Ring update partition). The thing is that it was a bad experience back then because I couldn't install TP Hack for some time until I figure out a solution.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Since Twilight Princess was a launch title I don't think there's likely to be an update on it. Unless they've changed it over the years its been out (and still selling well) but I doubt that very much

lulwut

Trophies
XP
Country
Jamstruth said:
Since Twilight Princess was a launch title I don't think there's likely to be an update on it. Unless they've changed it over the years its been out (and still selling well) but I doubt that very much
euhm

launch games had a SM and some ios updates afaik (some might even have a boot2 update)

Burton

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I browsed my NTSC Zelda TP disc with with Wiixplorer and this is all I found in the Update Partition:

RVL-Shopping-v4.wad
RVL-Weather-v3.wad
RVL-NigaoeNR-v2.wad
RVL-WiiSystemmenu-v97.wad
BOOT2-64-v2.wad
RVL-mios-v4.wad
RVL-Eulav_US-v0.wad
IOS17-64-v512.wad
IOS11-64-v10.wad
RVL-News-v3.wad
RVL-photo-v1.wad
RVL-bc-v2.wad
IOS15-64-v257.wad
IOS12-64-v6.wad
IOS13-64-v10.wad

Guess Xflak and lulwut were right, there is a system menu here.

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Burton said:
I browsed my NTSC Zelda TP disc with with Wiixplorer and this is all I found in the Update Partition:

RVL-Shopping-v4.wad
RVL-Weather-v3.wad
RVL-NigaoeNR-v2.wad
BOOT2-64-v2.wad
RVL-mios-v4.wad
RVL-Eulav_US-v0.wad
IOS17-64-v512.wad
IOS11-64-v10.wad
RVL-News-v3.wad
RVL-photo-v1.wad
RVL-bc-v2.wad
IOS15-64-v257.wad
IOS12-64-v6.wad
IOS13-64-v10.wad

You sure about that? I just WUFE'd my NTSC-U Twilight Princess and got Boot2v2 and IOS9 v516. WiiXplorer also shows IOS9 and Boot2v2...

Also, in response to the original question: TP hack does not work on 1.0 wiis. The 1.0 menu has absolutely no SD support. On the rare occasion a 1.0 turns up, people just update their wii before modding.

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
I guess that's because of the game versions. Remember there were two versions around, right? The first one (which, to put it simple, use the first hacked slot from the TH) and the second one (that obviously uses the second slot).

BTW, you can quickly identify if your version is the second one because it also contains the Spanish language. The first one only contains English.

Burton

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
techboy said:
Burton said:

RVL-Shopping-v4.wad
RVL-Weather-v3.wad
RVL-NigaoeNR-v2.wad
BOOT2-64-v2.wad
RVL-mios-v4.wad
RVL-Eulav_US-v0.wad
IOS17-64-v512.wad
IOS11-64-v10.wad
RVL-News-v3.wad
RVL-photo-v1.wad
RVL-bc-v2.wad
IOS15-64-v257.wad
IOS12-64-v6.wad
IOS13-64-v10.wad

You sure about that? I just WUFE'd my NTSC-U Twilight Princess and got Boot2v2 and IOS9 v516. WiiXplorer also shows IOS9 and Boot2v2...

yes, I verified again and my retail retail version does not include the ios9 which is the ios I have to extract from Sonic and the Secret Rings (my above story) and the boot2 that displays is BOOT2-64-v2.wad

Looks like there were different versions of the game as the above guy said. Mine's have Spanish if I remember well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte