Hacking Twilight hack and Wii memory

pyroball

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, so ive done a few wii hacks in the past, and something that ive noticed is that when you copy over the twilight hack file to your wii it takes up almost half of the available memory even tho it only says 1 block. I noticed this because when i had a fresh wii it had something like 5000+ blocks open, and after copying the twilight hack it went all the way down to 2900ish blocks. And i dont get those extra blocks back after deleting the hack... so... does anyone have any idea how i can get that system memory back?

D

Deleted User

The wii doesnt have 50000+ blocks. That could be your SD.

The wii starts with 2000+ blocks. So,, yea

pyroball

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
srsly? i could have sworn it started with more... maybe i was just braindead that day XD

ok so another question

the DVD drive motor decided to die on me today and i need to send it in to nintendo

formatting the wii memory and then updating to 3.4 will take care of any traces of the hacks correct?

D

Deleted User

Nintendo won't care anyway...

But if you want to be secure, go ahead and delete:

1)IOS249
2)DVDX

using ATD.

then, format your memory.

Golfman560

TheRapist.com
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
afif95 said:
then, format your memory.

Lol I've never actually seen someone say that around here. Actually, normally someone wouldn't be sending their softmodded Wii back to Nintendo. Yet then again most of the people here feel safe installing their own parts, even if it is the laser in the DVD drive.

You may also like...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • M4x1mumReZ @ M4x1mumReZ:
    @Shape,
    I use Linux Mint Cinnamon as my distro
    @Jonnathann_2022,
    Perhaps it maybe because you haven't set it up right?
  • Shape @ Shape:
    That sounds like a configuration issue, any OS i have installed in VMWare & Virtualbox loads my USB 3.0 as at least 2.0
    +1
  • Shape @ Shape:
    I use Ubuntu Server for everything other than gaming lol
    +1
    Haven't been having issues with USB. Whenever you plug a device in, VMware asks you if you want to mount it to the VM or the host.
  • Shape @ Shape:
    I am that guy
    +1
    It's quite annoying to me especially if I'm running quite a bit of tasks in the background.
    +1
    Fact: Ubuntu, Linux Mint and Arch Linux are all Debian based distros.
    +1
  • Shape @ Shape:
    I recall the linker software worked in Win7, so maybe try the drivers in that link @Jonnathann_2022
    +1
    Use the 32-bit version ofc for better compatibility.
    +1
    @Veho, Thanks. I thought that this would run Windows, and also Android.
    Even Linux :D
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah the Odin is a surprisingly capable machine.
    +1
    Even more capable than the Steam Deck?
  • Shape @ Shape:
    I need one now
    +1
  • Jonnathann_2022 @ Jonnathann_2022:
    Vocês não entenderam. Existe uma coisa chamada compatibilidade de driver USB. A forma como o EFA grava os jogos não é como a memória flash. É uma memória que simula uma memória de um cartucho com alguns endereços onde a cada endereço é alocado um jogo. Na verdade, é um processo muito semelhante à gravação de uma eprom. É por isso que a versão da unidade USB 2.0 deve ser compatível porque é o sistema operacional que faz a gravação. Usei uma VM windows xp no meu notebook Samsung Essentials e não consegui gravar o driver que reconhece o cartucho, aparece uma mensagem de erro.
    @Jonnathann_2022,
    Please translate this into English pls.
    It's okay.
  • Jonnathann_2022 @ Jonnathann_2022:
    You guys didn't understand. There is a thing called usb driver compatibility. The way EFA records games is not like flash memory. It is a memory that simulates a memory of a cartridge with some addresses where each address is allocated a game. It's actually a process very similar to burning an eprom. That's why the version of the USB 2.0 drive has to be compatible because it's the OS that does the recording. I used a windows xp VM on my Samsung Essentials notebook and I couldn't write the driver that recognizes the cartridge, an error message appears.
  • Shape @ Shape:
    The way a software operates the USB is independent of the drivers you are using for USB.
    +1
  • Shape @ Shape:
    We do understand, I work in IT, and I'm pretty sure M4x1mumReZ does as well.
    +1
    @Jonnathann_2022, I don't even understand a single word from this. A typical USB device communicates via drivers.
    M4x1mumReZ @ M4x1mumReZ: @Jonnathann_2022, I don't even understand a single word from this. A typical USB device...