Gaming TWEWY Ending

Lubbo

GBAtemp Veteran Resurgence
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
hey i just clocked The World Ends With You, great game by the way but the ending has had me baffled and i dont understand what happened (like most square-enix games). Ok so Neku has played through his 3rd week in the game and he tries to help beat become composer... turns out Joshua is the composer?? how did that happen? and i thought after the shooting duel that Shibuya would be destroyed??? WTF happened there? Neku got killed didnt he? 7 days later? whats that meant to mean!!

PLEASE this is so confusing someone fill me in on what happened...

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
Infinite Zero said:
FUCK YOUR FUCKING SPOILER DUDE.

SORRRY MAN THAT'S JUST SICK
The topic title already hinted that there was going to be a spoiler...
Why did you still click it?
ohmy.gif

And if you want to know what exactly happened go read the wiki or search on the game's gamefaqs message board, there's bound to be a lot of info there.

Berthenk

Epitome of Awesomeness
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah, Joshua's the Composer. When the guy shot him ( I thought it was the maths dude (zetta slow)), Josh teleported to another plane to survive. Neku didn't get killed, he was given the chance to play the game for another time and won.
That's the gist of it, as I can remember.

Krazplay

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
You should get the post-game Secret Reports, or read them on GameFaqs, it explain very well nearly everything that happened.
The player still have to interpret the ending, as in a lots of SE games.
I read the ending's dialog script to help refresh my memory, because I finished it a long time ago.
What is certain is that Joshua wanted to destroy Shibuya, but he did change his heart, the last Secret Report clearly state it, Shibuya wasn't destroyed, it has metamorphosed in a new Shibuya.

What is unclear and is open to interpretations is the ending itself, I think Neku 'won' the game when he didn't shoot on Joshua, because he proved that he has indeed changed since the beginning of the Games.
He was a selfish kid at the beginning, and people like him was probably the reason why Joshua wanted to destroy Shibuya, if Neku was able to change, that means the whole Shibuya can change.
About the fee of that last game, I think it's Joshua, as he discovered Joshua's betrayal, he should have lost his trust in him, but anyway he still can't resolve to shoot him.
For me it's one of the best games on DS
wub.gif

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Also, since no one mentioned it yet (a spoiler for Another Day) relating to what Berthenk said...
....it's implied (I don't think it was outright stated exactly) in Another Day, the alternate world Tin Pin thing, that that universe is where Joshua hid out while he was recovering, hence there being two of him in that reality

wtfATOM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
30084pm said:
Get all the secret reports in the game for a clearer understanding on what happened. It's pretty messed up shit if you ask me!

What happened? I had to reformat my computer with my TWEWY files in there and i dont want to re download and finish the game again...

Lubbo

GBAtemp Veteran Resurgence
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
ok thanks guys i have a better understanding now and ill try get those special reports.
its definately one of the best games on the DS but i found the gameplay a bit repetitive after long play duration
SORRY FOR NOT USING SPOILER!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill