Hacking Tutorial to using USB Loader v1.1 and FAQs

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have one question right now do i really need to delete iso 249 isn't that used for preloader or is it just used for backup launchers if just for backup launchers i have no problem deleting it.

EDIT
please answer my question i got rid of like 3 of them because i found the answer on my own and also just read the faqs in the first post.

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm looking for the wbfs tool now that i seen i can move games to the hard drive i'm going to buy.i seen a post showing the download when i searched but the tool isn't in english is there an english one.

never mind found one.

smurphyzeke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just went through all the pages and couldn't find an answer or question about covers.

Where do you put the covers for the games at? Are they on the SD card or HDD?

A50SNAKE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
smurphyzeke said:
Just went through all the pages and couldn't find an answer or question about covers.

depends on the loader you are using, and where your config file is pointing to but...the one i am using, a version of the gui loader, they go in sd:/images & sd:/images/disc

hope that helps.

JonLeung

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Am I the only one with this error message?

[+] ERROR: Custom IOS could not be loaded!
(ret = -4100)

Press any button to restart...

Is this a problem with my WAD installation, or my drive, or something else?

EDIT: Ah, it turns out it was because I upgraded to the official 4.0 before ever using custom IOSes. This link helped me remedy that:
http://www.yafaze.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=70

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Tsunii said:
dunno if it was asked before
but there is one thing that made me curious

it says:
QUOTE said:
...and boot games from...

do i need a modchip to play my backups
or is the usb loader enough to do it?
Where does it say that?
And every backup launcher can work without a modchip (if you have the correct cIOS, being cIOS36r10 atm.)

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Tsunii said:
tj_cool said:
Where does it say that?
first line of the first post:
QUOTE said:
This guide will show you how to use USB loader to backup and boot games from a USB drive.
In that case
QUOTE(tj_cool @ Apr 24 2009, 08:32 PM)
And every backup launcher can work without a modchip (if you have the correct cIOS, being cIOS36r10 atm.)
that includes usb loader
so just get cIOS36r10 and use the usb loader to run your backups. thats it

Tsunii

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
tj_cool said:
Tsunii said:
tj_cool said:
Where does it say that?
first line of the first post:
QUOTE said:
This guide will show you how to use USB loader to backup and boot games from a USB drive.
In that case
QUOTE(tj_cool @ Apr 24 2009, 08:32 PM)
that includes usb loader
so just get cIOS36r10 and use the usb loader to run your backups. thats it
ok thanks for that info
and sry for the trouble i caused

smurphyzeke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A50SNAKE said:
smurphyzeke said:

depends on the loader you are using, and where your config file is pointing to but...the one i am using, a version of the gui loader, they go in sd:/images & sd:/images/disc

hope that helps.
Just checked out my SD card and there was an "images" folder already there with an explanation, I DL'd a premade setup to install the USB loader.

Thanks for your help.

tigres13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I have been experiencing problems with the external hard drive setup and USB Loader V1.5. I am using an IDE 120gig hard drive that I put into an external shell that connect with USB 2.0. I have gotten everything working as it should be except for the video. When I have the hard drive powered on and connected to my Wii, the picture will blink black and the sound will not work during a blink. This happens at the start screen, during the use of a channel, in the USB Loader page and during a game. It is becoming increasing annoying and I am positive that I have set everything up correctly. I tried changing the hard drives, but the screen still blinks. Please help me out on this guys.

Pyrate02

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks!

This is a great article. I was able to get this working with an old Wii (not updated) using a Wii SD Sandisk card and an 8 gb Sandisk Micro USB key. I was able to backup Super Mario Galaxy and Mario Kart Racing onto an 8 gb usb key.

One thing that isn't mentioned at the very beginning, which drove me crazy at first, is that no one said that you can't install it on a Wii updated through Nintendo to system version 4.0.

By the way, are there updated to USB Loader 1.1? And, is there any point to updating the USB loader?

ladanz

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey,

thanks a lot for this awesome tool!!!!!!

But i have a question: my first HDD was too small, so can i copy all installed games from there to another HDD?

Sorry, if this question was already asked.

Thanks a lot again!

Ryjuu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
TS says that while installing the USB-loader it will ask you to format the drive. And that this will erase everything on your drive....

My question is, if I split my extern HD up into 2 partitions, does it still will format the entire drive? Because I was thinking to add an other partitions to my current extern HD drive so I could keep the current data. But is that possible?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool