ROM Hack WIP Tutorial on how to use the NHSE House Editor for perfect villager injection

strawpedro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe that's that's what I'm using but I never downloaded anything from azure before so It's kind of confusing compared to github. The one I downloaded seemed to be from an hour ago with the "Add unit test for item injection validation" title
Also make sure you are using the latest version of JKSV and your dumped save should have 2 .dat files and a folder called "Villager0" in it

Reactions: AamitMorthos

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@strawpedro I noticed an odd thing about your pack. In the game, there are a couple variations for the same characters between EU and US. Europe gets Jakey and Crackle whereas USA gets Jacob and Spork. In your pack, you have Jacob and Crackle which is a mix instead of the same region? Or it's possible I'm getting my regional data mixed up..

Edit: The reason I bring it up is that if anyone is going online with out of region villagers they are surely going to get flagged.

Last edited by subcon959,
Reactions: strawpedro

MagicMan2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@strawpedro I noticed an odd thing about your pack. In the game, there are a couple variations for the same characters between EU and US. Europe gets Jakey and Crackle whereas USA gets Jacob and Spork. In your pack, you have Jacob and Crackle which is a mix instead of the same region? Or it's possible I'm getting my regional data mixed up..

Edit: The reason I bring it up is that if anyone is going online with out of region villagers they are surely going to get flagged.

Are you sure you would get flagged? What if you visit a friend in Europe and invite their villager?

KingRaijun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I have a question..so apart from villager and house injection, there's also furniture injection (.nhi extension)..does this mean that the furnitures of the previous villager (the one you overwritten with the new villager) will be carried over to the new villager? Thank you in advance.

strawpedro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It's just a localization difference in the editor, there is no fundamental difference except they have different names. On the core data level there's no regional difference. Also I dont recommend going online after direct injection. Best practice would be injecting the villager and house, tick the moving out box but dont change the flag, let your clean switch visit the edited island then ask the villager to move to your clean island.

Last edited by strawpedro,

strawpedro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I re-uploaded to Jacob and Spork .

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I have a question..so apart from villager and house injection, there's also furniture injection (.nhi extension)..does this mean that the furnitures of the previous villager (the one you overwritten with the new villager) will be carried over to the new villager? Thank you in advance.

You do not need the .nhi extension in this . Just load the villager and its house dump and you're good to go.

Classicaldonkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
have you gone online with it?
it does not change anything, its the same villager just from a older version, like if you had a friend that has not upgraded but you have invited that villager to your place...you will not get banned for getting a villager from someone else cus they have not updated...the game does not force you to update

have you gone online with it?
yes and no ban!!! dont worry about it!

Reactions: IZUNYA

Mrfroggyman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey thanks a lot for the work, it must have been tedious. However for some reason something aint working for me. I tried to dump each villager furniture and replace it with yours, because I wanted my 5 first villagers to remember me but have their upgraded furniture. For some reason it worked with someone's dump of Savannah, but the 4 other dumps I took here didn't work :/

strawpedro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey thanks a lot for the work, it must have been tedious. However for some reason something aint working for me. I tried to dump each villager furniture and replace it with yours, because I wanted my 5 first villagers to remember me but have their upgraded furniture. For some reason it worked with someone's dump of Savannah, but the 4 other dumps I took here didn't work :/
are you trying with only the house?

I think my pack is intended to be used to overwrite both the villager and its house. Maybe you can load my savannah, compare the furniture and edit the furniture of your savannah, then load my house for her ?

kirby101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Somehow Raymond's file does work. Raymond's files injects in but it won't display in-game. Anyone experience this?

Somehow Raymond is not working. Is anyone experiencing this?

Last edited by kirby101,

Alexmty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kirby101 is right,. Raymond is not working atm, Every other villager is, when you talk to raymond its as if you went to another island and persuaded him to come to yours, it was working fine yesterday but not anymore

Mrfroggyman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
are you trying with only the house?

I think my pack is intended to be used to overwrite both the villager and its house. Maybe you can load my savannah, compare the furniture and edit the furniture of your savannah, then load my house for her ?

What I tried is this : on an old save, I loaded each villager you dumped here. Then I went to their inventory and dumped it. Then I went to my own save, and loaded these inventory dumps I made. But yeah I guess I could just load manually the items! But I dunno if that's gonna work with floors and walls

strawpedro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kirby101 is right,. Raymond is not working atm, Every other villager is, when you talk to raymond its as if you went to another island and persuaded him to come to yours, it was working fine yesterday but not anymore
That's what's intended tbh, if you load the villagers in my pack all of them will be at the fresh state after you recruited them from NMT island

What I tried is this : on an old save, I loaded each villager you dumped here. Then I went to their inventory and dumped it. Then I went to my own save, and loaded these inventory dumps I made. But yeah I guess I could just load manually the items! But I dunno if that's gonna work with floors and walls
If you just load Savannah and her house dump you will have everything correct. the only caveat is that she will be rolled back to the state where she just freshly came from a mystery island.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...