Status
Not open for further replies.

waffletower

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my emunand update still doesnt work. it always shows me an opening home menu, dont shut down the system window before going into black screen mode. weird
I'm a little late to this conversation and I'm too lazy to read back more than a page or two. You did update to the correct firmware version, didn't you? If you're on O3DS you should be able to update to 10.3 fine, but if you're on N3DS you have to use sysUpdater to update to 9.5 ONLY.

Sorry if my lack of reading renders this response useless. (Also, I don't know what to do if you updated wrong)

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive got three folders containing the /extdata folder. Which one ist the emunand one? Cant the wiki entry doesnt actually help me, Im still kinda new to this.
EmuNAND folder is the folder you had before you unlinked your Nand
Sysnand folder is what came after unlinking your Nand.
Not sure about the 3rd folder. My theory is when you unlink, you didn't restore correctly, thus created a 2nd emunand folder

Show us a ss of what inside the Nintendo 3ds folder.
One folder should be emunand and other sysnand. We'll ignore the sysnand folder
Tell me if inside the emunand folder, you see 2 folder

derthomas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
EmuNAND folder is the folder you had before you unlinked your Nand
Sysnand folder is what came after unlinking your Nand.
Not sure about the 3rd folder. My theory is when you unlink, you didn't restore correctly, thus created a 2nd emunand folder

Show us a ss of what inside the Nintendo 3ds folder.
One folder should be emunand and other sysnand. We'll ignore the sysnand folder
Tell me if inside the emunand folder, you see 2 folder

Here are the screenshots of all 3 folders:

http://abload.de/img/folder10mrm9.png
http://abload.de/img/folder2jzoyf.png
http://abload.de/img/folder3lbo6g.png

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you have 3 folder inside the Nintendo 3DS folder itself... Not sure how that happened, considering the standard is 2 folder (1 emuNAND and 1 SysNAND).

I'm hopping you made plenty of back ups, so You know when each folder came into existance?

I'm theorizing the original folder is no longer being used, as the restoring the NAND was not done correctly, thus making a 3rd folder.

I'm going to bring this over to N00b paradise topic to see if anyone there can help.

Last edited by YyAoMmIi,

derthomas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So you have 3 folder inside the Nintendo 3DS folder itself... Not sure how that happened, considering the standard is 2 folder (1 emuNAND and 1 SysNAND).

I'm hopping you made plenty of back ups, so You know when each folder came into existance?

I'm theorizing the original folder is no longer being used, as the restoring the NAND was not done correctly, thus making a 3rd folder.

I'm going to bring this over to N00b paradise topic to see if anyone there can help.

Yeah, I kinda messed up at one point and did the unlinking (ie formatting) again, thus created a 3rd folder.

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I kinda messed up at one point and did the unlinking (ie formatting) again, thus created a 3rd folder.
Before anything, did you have any eshop games? Anything particular that you wanted to keep before you did system format?

D

Deleted User

Ive got three folders containing the /extdata folder. Which one ist the emunand one? Cant the wiki entry doesnt actually help me, Im still kinda new to this.

If you downgraded and followed the New 3DS instructions which tell you to format your system menu before downgrading you will have the folder from the original system menu. I also have three menus.

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I have plenty and they are still available. 9.2 is running like a charm with no issues.
Was the eshop games there after the first unlink?

When exactly did you do the 2nd unlink?

Want to see which of the folder you can delete to save space.

derthomas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you downgraded and followed the New 3DS instructions which tell you to format your system menu before downgrading you will have the folder from the original system menu. I also have three menus.

I didnt format before downgrading.

Was the eshop games there after the first unlink?

When exactly did you do the 2nd unlink?

Want to see which of the folder you can delete to save space.

I dont recall they were there or else I wouldnt have done it one more time.

D

Deleted User

It seems like the easiest way to check would to be to install something via CIA onto the emuNAND, then check the folders to see which increased in size.

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didnt format before downgrading.

I dont recall they were there or else I wouldnt have done it one more time.
Did you back up your emuNAND before downgrading?
If you don't mind, i'm going to be talking this more in the noobparadise thread.

Also, how did you unlink the 2nd time? by system format the sysnand?

derthomas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It seems like the easiest way to check would to be to install something via CIA onto the emuNAND, then check the folders to see which increased in size.

sounds like a good idea. So I just delete the theme folder in /extdata then?

Did you back up your emuNAND before downgrading?
If you don't mind, i'm going to be talking this more in the noobparadise thread.

Also, how did you unlink the 2nd time? by system format the sysnand?

I was following wurstpistoles tutorial, so I backed it up before and after I was finished, yeah. We can continue to talk in another thread, sure :)

edit: well i Just checked, I dont have a theme folder??

Last edited by derthomas,

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sounds like a good idea. So I just delete the theme folder in /extdata then?

I was following wurstpistoles tutorial, so I backed it up before and after I was finished, yeah. We can continue to talk in another thread, sure :)

edit: well i Just checked, I dont have a theme folder??
I'm assuming you are EUR, so the folder you should be looking for is 000002ce
you may be looking at theme layout folder.

btw, When you used wurstpistoles tutorial, did you use EmuNAND tools? Which version?

derthomas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm assuming you are EUR, so the folder you should be looking for is 000002ce
you may be looking at theme layout folder.

btw, When you used wurstpistoles tutorial, did you use EmuNAND tools? Which version?

I was using 1.03 to backup and 1.01 to restore. Im gonna try, what william said, although only one folder is >10gb in size, 14gb in total, so this should probably be it?

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was using 1.03 to backup and 1.01 to restore. Im gonna try, what william said, although only one folder is >10gb in size, 14gb in total, so this should probably be it?
I'm assuming you restored correctly, so not sure why you didn't have your original eshop games, but i guess you can worry about that latter and download it again.

Do what williams says.
Install something onto your emuNAND, and see which folder increased size. that would be your emuNAND folder.
Install something to your sysNAND, see which folder increased size, that would be your sysNAND folder.

That 3rd folder would be a result of your attempt to unlink 2x, and is a ghost of your system format. You can delete that as that unused.

Turn on your 3ds, go to EmuNAND, just go to a theme selection menu on the home menu. This make sure there is a theme folder.

After that, go to the computer/SD card, and delete the theme folder from the extdata from the emunand folder(you should know which is which by now) as I mentioned before.
then you should be fine to update emunand.

derthomas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm assuming you restored correctly, so not sure why you didn't have your original eshop games, but i guess you can worry about that latter and download it again.

Do what williams says.
Install something onto your emuNAND, and see which folder increased size. that would be your emuNAND folder.
Install something to your sysNAND, see which folder increased size, that would be your sysNAND folder.

That 3rd folder would be a result of your attempt to unlink 2x, and is a ghost of your system format. You can delete that as that unused.

Turn on your 3ds, go to EmuNAND, just go to a theme selection menu on the home menu. This make sure there is a theme folder.

After that, go to the computer/SD card, and delete the theme folder from the extdata from the emunand folder(you should know which is which by now) as I mentioned before.
then you should be fine to update emunand.

It worked now! I still got the "preparing home menu" thingie and was worried for a second but this time it didnt freeze, yay! Can I safely change to my original theme now?
thanks for all the advices btw! :)

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It worked now! I still got the "preparing home menu" thingie and was worried for a second but this time it didnt freeze, yay! Can I safely change to my original theme now?
thanks for all the advices btw! :)
Yes, you can change your original theme. Just be sure you don't have themehax in EmuNAND. That what caused problems in the first place.

BTW, you might want to add a note saying which folder is emunand and which is sysnand.

Reactions: derthomas
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, Sup