Hacking [Tutorial] How to update Emunand on a N3DS

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGlow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If i get emunand on my n3ds for 9.5 will i be able to play triforce heros,keep my data like installed ciasneshop games etc,anf aldo will i be able to install it using 9.2?
For whats it worth I found a patched update for triforce heroes that works fine on a N3DS still on 9.2 emunand. Try to find that one, I believe i found it on dat iso site.

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Quick question,

Been using GW for years and I can't beleive after all this time I fucked up yesterday and left system in sleep mode with wireless on. System update been download and is prompting. Any way to get rid of the message/update?

EmulatorLover

3ds master race
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question is it required to unlink my synand and emunand because I don't want to lose my 100's of games and loads of data I used and if I do unlink will I lose any of that stuff?

ghurk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I followed the https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...ncluding-emunand-coldboot-cia-manager.405589/ and tried to update my emunand using this guide here afterwards. Unfortunately rxtools is in some kind of bootloop. I can only access the homebrew menu or my sysnand by holding the predefined button upon start. any help?

Hey man I feel like an idiot. Been trying to get this to work for days and finally cracked it. I had the wrong 9.5 files. I didn't even think to check near the bottom of the post for N3DS specific 9.5 emunand update I just grabbed the very first one.

I changed theme just before installing to be safe but not sure if it had any effect. Installed perfectly, no problems.

Trophies
XP
I have a black screen when booting with SD card in the new 3ds after 2 attempts. What should I do ? There is no screen glitches anymore when I start the 3ds, even after reinjecting emunand backup.

EDIT : I just see that my sysNAND is on 9.5, should I start all over and downgrade to 9.2 ?

Last edited by Deleted member 379264,

Porro88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The only thing I can think of at this point in your case is your missing titles in Sysnand so your Emunand also is missing those titles or you have a faulty sd card (dead or dying) sorry this didn't work for you but the CIA's are universal so it's not that.
Hi guys, I had the same problem and resolved it deleting extdata from my sd, then emunand started if I booted it via browserhax. Now the problem is that I install homemenuhax it won't boot (same black screen as before, just without the "updating Home menu" window), is there any way to solve this issue or I have to stick with browserhax?

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, I had the same problem and resolved it deleting extdata from my sd, then emunand started if I booted it via browserhax. Now the problem is that I install homemenuhax it won't boot (same black screen as before, just without the "updating Home menu" window), is there any way to solve this issue or I have to stick with browserhax?
menuhax in emunand is causing the problem, which is why deleting ext data earlier fixed that since that uninstalled menuhax.

use broswer hax or the CIA version of HBL

Porro88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
menuhax in emunand is causing the problem, which is why deleting ext data earlier fixed that since that uninstalled menuhax.

So I have to inject FBI on H&S in sys nand and install there HBL Cia version with rxmode, am I right?

derthomas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Same. I've tried deleting the theme menu folder in emuNAND and changing theme before updating but nothing.

I hope you extracted your emuNAND.
Hey man I feel like an idiot. Been trying to get this to work for days and finally cracked it. I had the wrong 9.5 files. I didn't even think to check near the bottom of the post for N3DS specific 9.5 emunand update I just grabbed the very first one.

I changed theme just before installing to be safe but not sure if it had any effect. Installed perfectly, no problems.

We are both idiots then ;-) I also chose the wrong one.

Unfortunately it still doesnt work for me. When using the correct one, it says "opening home menu, dont shut down the system" and the screen goes black. I can only restart after. I didnt switch the theme out tho. Do you mean in emunand change theme beforehand and use sysupdater after?

Porro88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

So I have to inject FBI on H&S in sys nand and install there HBL Cia version with rxmode, am I right?

Ok, I tried this way but at the end to start HBL Cia version I need rxmode so I'll have to boot via browserhax anyway

There's any way to reinstall Homemenuhax AND have the emunand working? Like, let the emunand know not to check exdata folder or something like that?

leader-san

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying to update emunand on my Japanese n3DS and it seems as though there's only 104 .cia files in my 9.5.0-23J update archive. sysUpdater fails to install it too. Any ideas?

Edit:
Figured it out. You still need to delete 000400102002CA00.cia. You should have a total of 103 files in your update folder if you have a Japanese n3DS.

Last edited by leader-san,

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Strange. Tried to update my 9.0 to 9.5 EUR, used correct files and when entering rxTools EmuNAND stays black and the console just reboots, loops over and over. No idea what went wrong.

[Edit] Ugh. Been as stupid as he was: (no offense) :D

I also took O3DS files. Restoring Emunand backup now, then giving it a go with N3DS files :D

[Edit] and of course it worked fine. Thanks!

Last edited by wurstpistole,
Reactions: Xenon Hacks

derthomas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
my emunand update still doesnt work. it always shows me an opening home menu, dont shut down the system window before going into black screen mode. weird

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BunnyPinkie @ BunnyPinkie: Currently asked for mecha mote iinchou mm my best friend to be translated but I also want to ask...