Votes: 13 8.9%

• Total voters

NeonEmerald

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was able to access the eShop, but was banned for online play. This fixed it. Thanks.

Guess we'll see how long it'll last :rofl2:

EDIT: Went ahead and tested eShop and it launched fine.

Last edited by NeonEmerald,

BARNWEY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So many people lately have been reporting bans from playing sun and moon early, myself included. This tutorial will help get the 3ds working on the eshop and online games. I cannot confirm account based things like pokemon bank still work, but i would assume they do. Note that your friends list and games will still be there. Also note: you cannot access nnid settings after being banned, even after this method. You're eshop history will also disappear.

With that being said, here is what you will need:

1. the banned 3ds
2. An unbanned 3ds
3. Decrypt9 running on both.

Now here are the instructions:

1. boot up decrypt9 on the unbanned 3ds.

2. Go to sysnand options and dump you friendcodeseed_B

3. Put the sd card in the computer and backup the file you just dumped.

4. Not sure if i can share this, so i'll just mention where to get it. Theres a youtube video called [3ds] how to unban 002-0102. In the description theres a download for nnidsave.bin. Download that.

5. Now on the banned 3ds, go into decrypt9 and dump secureinfo_A

6. Open secureinfo_A in a hex editor. The very last line should be your 3ds console id. To confirm this, it should match up to the code on the back of your 3ds. Without changing the first 2 letteres, just change some random numbers and make a new id.

7. After that, put all 3 files you made/ downloaded in the files9 folder of the banned 3ds.

8. Go into decrypt9 on the banned 3ds and inject all 3 files. Congratulations your 3ds is unbanned.

As far as i've tested, the unbanned 3ds should still be able to go online along with the banned 3ds, but this is not certain. Also, just in case, do not share the friendcodeseed_B with anyone else, as i dont know what happens when too many 3ds's have the same friendcodeseed. Also if the 3ds blackscreens, that means your cfw is not compatible with the injection, but most are. If a mod could sticky this i think that would be a great help.
This is what I've been telling people to do... Finally, someone made a tutorial! Now I don't have to type instructions :)
P.S. You may want to mention FreeMultiPatcher. Some people (like myself) found that it doesn't work without running it and applying the patches. Hope this helps :D

Have more people tried this out yet? I want to try it but I am scared my other 3ds will be banned as well lol
It works fine, as long as you use FreeMultiPatcher (if you still get an error,) you're good. I got banned after I first switched to CFW (menuhax days,) and recently took the time to get myself unbanned. It was time well spent :)
P.S. If you bought anything from the eShop on a different NNID, you'll have to reinstall the tickets for each item...

Last edited by BARNWEY,

alpha_noj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is what I've been telling people to do... Finally, someone made a tutorial! Now I don't have to type instructions :)
P.S. You may want to mention FreeMultiPatcher. Some people (like myself) found that it doesn't work without running it and applying the patches. Hope this helps :D

It works fine, as long as you use FreeMultiPatcher (if you still get an error,) you're good. I got banned after I first switched to CFW (menuhax days,) and recently took the time to get myself unbanned. It was time well spent :)
P.S. If you bought anything from the eShop on a different NNID, you'll have to reinstall the tickets for each item...

How long ago was that ban, and how long have you been using the new friendcodeseed if you don't mind my asking? Just want to know how detectable this is by Nintendo, or if they even care.

iZallen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wonder what would happen if we did a system transfer to the unbanned system, would we still be banned in all the same ways? And if not, could we then backup the friendcodeseed_B and nnidsave.bin from that system, change the system ID on the banned system and do a system transfer back so that the NNID would be properly linked to the new ID. Perhaps then we'd be able to continue using our NNID on the system?

Based on my assumption; the ban prevented you from accessing the NNID services in the first place, but in theory it's possible depending how it's coded on their end; if it checks to see if [transfer release request]'s is sent from the original device it's attached to, then no; probably not. If however it's just a validator on our end only (IE. The 'key' is given to this 'device' to access said software; and this 'key' can only be assigned to 1 'device' at a time) I believe we have some info on this on the internet already? if so, then i'm not aware of it.

Last edited by iZallen,

Veranek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only way I got this to reliably work was to restore NAND using decrypt9 and then injecting all 3 files at once. I tried your way and it didn't work.

Kakkoii

Old fart
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Based on my assumption; the ban prevented you from accessing the NNID services in the first place, but in theory it's possible depending how it's coded on their end; if it checks to see if [transfer release request]'s is sent from the original device it's attached to, then no; probably not. If however it's just a validator on our end only (IE. The 'key' is given to this 'device' to access said software; and this 'key' can only be assigned to 1 'device' at a time) I believe we have some info on this on the internet already? if so, then i'm not aware of it.
The ban isn't based on your NNID itself, but the console specific information created on the console when you create or link the NNID on it. Some of these created files are transfered in a system transfer but other are generated based on that console's hardware IDs, linking that account to only that console. This is why people doing these changes can't use their NNID still, because the NNID isn't linked to the console anymore after those changes. But if we do the system transfer process to and then back, we would re-link the NNID to this changed serial key.

zannalabianca

Trophies
XP
Country
guys, i have made all of this guide, and i get eshop unbanned, but online games 002-0102
changed serial, injected unbanned seed, and empty nnidsave.bin

i use a9hl + luma3ds and no emunand..

Veranek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Did this allow you to change NNID or create a new one? I unlocked everything but that ATM.

BiGnIcK_54g

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im unable to

either a9lh or homebrew.
I forgot how to use homebrew facepalm. My unbanned 3ds sysnand is 4,2 and the emunand is 11.2. My banned sysnand was 9.2 and emunand 11.2.
EDIT okay so I'm feeling pretty stupid right now. I should probably update my old3dses firmware to 9.2 as well.

Last edited by BiGnIcK_54g,

JokeTriple

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did this method and I'm now able to access friends list properly again and online for it. Haven't tested any online games or eshop though. Am I allowed to try any of those or Miiverse at all, or should I avoid them?

Also, I never had a NNID linked to my N3DS, so would I be allowed to make a new one for Pokemon Bank, or is that off-limits?

Last edited by JokeTriple,
D

Deleted User

You're eshop history will also disappear.
Quick question about this. Even though my eShop history will disappear, can I still access my purchases? That's really the only reason I wanna evade my NNID ban.

spkuja

Trophies
Website
www.glaciergaming.co.uk
XP
Country
I was able to access the eShop, but was banned for online play. This fixed it. Thanks.

Guess we'll see how long it'll last :rofl2:

EDIT: Went ahead and tested eShop and it launched fine.

I seem to only have the online ban, the 002 error. I can access the eShop fine, is this what you had? Are you still able to access your purchase history?

Hakairo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Something I don't understand:

what is nintendo banning? I mean, you change your Console ID, a seed for your friendcode, not even the code itself and I don't know what this nnidsave.bin exactly does, but it feels weird, that you need these 3 things (especially the friendcodeseed confuses me)

Izaya-Orihara

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, I still get the 2812 error when i try to download or change create new network id - has anyone been able to remove that error with this method?

Error Code: 022-2812

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: People are gonna find loopholes around clan tags and make inappropriate names.