Hacking TUTORIAL - How To Install System Menu v4.0!

TiMeBoMb4u2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After reading MULTIPLE threads here, I've decided to create an easy-to-follow, step-by-step guide to updating to System Menu v4.0.

This tutorial uses Waninkoko's "cIOS36 rev.8" and "Firmware Updater 4.0", to guide you through the installation of patched System Menu v4.0 files. Only the required IOS's, Shop Channel, Mii Channel, Photo Channel 1.1, and System Menu 4.0 are installed. The IOS's are Trucha-Patched.

To make the process even easier, I have provided download links, to easy-to-use Homebrew Channel apps.

**UPDATE** -- My tutorial has now been updated to include "ppc_gba's" IOS60 Patcher.

Visit the tutorial HERE.

Enjoy!
rolleyes.gif

Praxis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm curious what advantages using Waninkoko's Firmware Updater offers?

I installed cIOS36 rev. 8, IOS60, and then updated through Nintendo, everything seems fine so far.

TiMeBoMb4u2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Praxis said:
I'm curious what advantages using Waninkoko's Firmware Updater offers?

I installed cIOS36 rev. 8, IOS60, and then updated through Nintendo, everything seems fine so far.

The IOS's have the Trucha bug "fixed", when using Waninkoko's installer. Your way does not.

wacko.gif

TiMeBoMb4u2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JJBro1 said:
does EVERYTHING prior to 4.0 work when doing this method?
No; The Twilight Hack is completely removed (with no current way to re-add it), cIOSCORP, Preloader, etc... will not work, YET (This is the same, no matter how you update!).

The Homebrew Channel, Apps, and previously installed WADs will remain intact!

wacko.gif

TiMeBoMb4u2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought I should mention that there are several rumors going around that emulators and WADManager are not working after the update to v4.0. This is ONLY A RUMOR!

I tested them myself, and they are DEFINITELY WORKING!

rolleyes.gif

Nottulys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. I'm wondering though, How would I know already if I have the cIOS36/IOS249 rev.7 or rev. 8 installed? I have installed some CIOS something to get the Gamma .02 fix working, would this allow me to skip straight to "step 8" in your tutorial?

TiMeBoMb4u2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SpaceJump said:
Is there anything we have to do differently if we have a modchip such as Wiikey? Or is the process the same?
As far as I know, the process is the same. I have a POS Cyclowiz. It has never worked right, since I installed it.

rolleyes.gif

Posts merged

QUOTE(Nottulys @ Mar 27 2009, 03:30 AM) Thanks. I'm wondering though, How would I know already if I have the cIOS36/IOS249 rev.7 or rev. 8 installed? I have installed some CIOS something to get the Gamma .02 fix working, would this allow me to skip straight to "step 8" in your tutorial?
You should be fine. However, it won't hurt your system to run it again. So, if you're not sure, I would run it!

rolleyes.gif

mayhem366

Trophies
XP
Country
So let me get this striaght, by upgrading to this version the following does not work:
Twilight hack
Preloader/Starfall etc

But the backup loaders (gamma and gamecube), the homebrew channel and all homebrew still work right?

With no preloader then any brick after this will be a permanent brick i presume?

Harry Potthead

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi TiMeBoMb4u2!

I have a Wii with Wiikey and FW 3.2E. I have installed no cIOS or IOS in my Wii. If I update my Wii with FW 4.0 with your tutorial, do I need IOS60 ??? So I must install
IOS60 -> cIOS36 rev.8 -> FW 4.0 , is that right?

Cheers!

TiMeBoMb4u2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Harry Potthead said:
Hi TiMeBoMb4u2!

I have a Wii with Wiikey and FW 3.2E. I have installed no cIOS or IOS in my Wii. If I update my Wii with FW 4.0 with your tutorial, do I need IOS60 ??? So I must install

Cheers!
IOS60 and IOS61 will be installed with Waninkoko's Firmware Updater 4.0. So, cIOS36 rev.8 -> WFU4.0. I'm also hearing rumors that the versions of IOS60 and IOS61 are not Trucha fixed. If this is the case, the LAST step would be to patch these ISO's using "ppc_gba's" installer/patcher. It can be downloaded here: http://www.yafaze.com/wii/4.0hacktools.rar

unsure.gif

Harry Potthead

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
TiMeBoMb4u2 said:
Harry Potthead said:
Hi TiMeBoMb4u2!

Cheers!
IOS60 and IOS61 will be installed with Waninkoko's Firmware Updater 4.0. So, cIOS36 rev.8 -> WFU4.0. I'm also hearing rumors that the versions of IOS60 and IOS61 are not Trucha fixed. If this is the case, the LAST step would be to patch these ISO's using "ppc_gba's" installer/patcher. It can be downloaded here: http://www.yafaze.com/wii/4.0hacktools.rar

unsure.gif

So if I install cIOS36 rev.8 -> WFU4.0 (with IOS60 & 61) I can use HBC, Trucha fixed Games, Install and Erase Wad's etc. ? So if not I will stay to FW 3.2
wink.gif

GrAmS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you install the ios60-61 with this pack AFTER the waninkoko's updater it will not install ios60, just ios61.

And so, the "illegal" VC/Wiiware can't be loaded by the SD channel.

ramidavis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been hearing that wani's updater sometimes fails to patch IOS60/61 correctly. If i use this, and i find it is not patched afterwards properly, then what should i do??

TiMeBoMb4u2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GrAmS said:
If you install the ios60-61 with this pack AFTER the waninkoko's updater it will not install ios60, just ios61.

And so, the "illegal" VC/Wiiware can't be loaded by the SD channel.
You're saying that the patcher will not work for IOS60, after you run Waninkoko's installer?

unsure.gif

mk123a

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
waninkoko's updater does not trucha patch ios 60. So you will need to manually install a patched ios 60 for moving installed wads to SD.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over