Homebrew [Tutorial] How to install 2.5 on themehax manually.

Rosenakahara

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's possible to still exploit browserhax on the N3DS if you're fast enough to get to the browser and start it. There are more details on it in this thread here.
Well rip me I installed the new update way before i got into this thread thinking a new version of browserhax would be out anyway so it wouldnt matter and i tried installing smashhax but the tutorial is so vague i cant figure it out >.<

Pandaxclone2

Pokemon Sprite Artist Hobbyist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Well rip me I installed the new update way before i got into this thread thinking a new version of browserhax would be out anyway so it wouldnt matter and i tried installing smashhax but the tutorial is so vague i cant figure it out >.<

General rule of thumb that I go with is never under any circumstances do you update. It's be doubtful that they'd make browserhax re-exploitable and not let previous versions go without.

At any rate I suggest you don't update and if possible keep an eye out for a copy of Cubic Ninja at a cheap price.

EDIT: The homemenuhax (Or themehax as we know) installer 2.0 has been released and it supports 2.5. Click here to grab it or go to the OP to grab it.

It's been good helping everyone manually update their themehax to 2.5, but now that the installer is up I think it's best that we let this thread drift away to sleep.

Last edited by Pandaxclone2,

ChaoticLink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok i am stuck. Attached are what my sd card looks like. I am running 10.2.0.28-U What do I do next?

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    89.6 KB · Views: 233
  • Untitled1.png
    Untitled1.png
    84.2 KB · Views: 224

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Pandaxclone2

Pokemon Sprite Artist Hobbyist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

ChaoticLink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok found a video for oot3ds hax bt to confirm my card should look like this. I did get a new payload for my version

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

ok so on the video it says i need ironhax or tube hax. It seems like i am running in circles. I don't have the game for ironhax

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    78.9 KB · Views: 220
Reactions: Pandaxclone2

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok i think im lost on how to run the HBL. What exploit do i need to use?
Please provide info: what model (new or old), firmware, region of your 3DS/2DS?What do you have (Cubic Ninja, OOT, Ironfall,...)?

At the moment insufficient info for anyone to help you troubleshoot.

Last edited by tivu100,

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by tivu100,

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so since i don't have linux i'm guessing I'm just going to have to be patient.
Download Ubuntu and burn it to DVD-RW disc ( CD-RW too? Not sure.) or USB. Run it (you don't need to install) in Ubuntu disc/USB. Install smashHAX.

Then do this to install Hax 2.5 into OOT save: (This OOThax is taught to me by @ootnes2 . There is other methods to do it, but I personally tested and confirm this method work.)

Step 1: Download the "otherapp" payload for your version from smea's site.
Step 2: Rename it "payload.bin" and put it on your SD card.
Step 3: Download SVDT and put it's foler into 3DS folder (3DS folder is on the root of SD). Start SVDT, pick OOT. You should see the save contains "payload.bin", save.bin and save00.bin .
Step 4: Select "payload.bin" and delete it by pressing "X".
Step 5: Select the "payload.bin" that you put on your SD card and press "Y" to copy it to the OOT.

Last edited by tivu100,

ChaoticLink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when i download the payload other app it gives me a snes file. I just rename it to payload.bin correct? (Nevermind I see what happened.) I will continue to follow your steps

Last edited by ChaoticLink,

Angelikita

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
In order to install the new themhax do I have to "uninstall" the old one?, what do I do if themhax is my only entry point?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong