Homebrew [Tutorial] How to install 2.5 on themehax manually.

Pandaxclone2

Pokemon Sprite Artist Hobbyist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You don't exactly need a powersave to exploit it... You can use an old DS, with a DS mode flashcart and a raw savegame (from Yellows8's OoThax release) or if you're willing to do a small hardware mod to your 3ds you can even use a DS mode flashcart and install the save that way :P

I wasn't aware of this DS mode flashcart method. Care to share a link to it? In any case unless they have a DS with a flashcart or are fine with modding their console (Which I doubt most people would), Powersave would be the easiest and probably cheapest.

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wasn't aware of this DS mode flashcart method. Care to share a link to it? In any case unless they have a DS with a flashcart or are fine with modding their console (Which I doubt most people would), Powersave would be the easiest and probably cheapest.

There never really was a tutorial but I've seen it work for some people in some thread I haven't seen in awhile and don't remember where it was :P but a raw savegame is a raw savegame... Anyways here's a link to the hardware mod... Made for DSi working for all 3ds models too :) https://gbatemp.net/threads/working-fix-for-eepinator-savsender-on-dsi.403264/

Last edited by dark_samus3,
Reactions: Pandaxclone2

FabulousFalchion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can confirm this works wonders. Now I'll never have to use the 3DS home menu again!

To use it, place themehax 1.3 in your 3ds homebrew folder, then launch it using an exploit.

If you want to make themehax 1.3 boot into itself automatically without having to hold a button down. Otherwise, ignore this:
- Press Y.
- Press A for a type 1 installation.
- Touch the bottom screen.
- Press A to continue.

Press A to install the exploit (you need to have an active internet connection for this since it isn't offline). When it's done, it'll put a .bin on the root of your SD card under a specific name for your 3DS model. Follow the steps in the original post, but instead of naming it "menuhax_ropbinpayload.bin", name it whatever the name of the .bin file is that it generated. "menuhax_ropbinpayload.bin" won't work!

I can post a video that can be added into the original post if anybody wants it.

Note that if for whatever reason you need to boot back into the home menu (like for DS games I'm just now realizing...), simply hold down a button while it's booting into the homemenu. It'll ignore the payload and load like normal. This is useful if you need to access System Settings on a New 3DS (XL) to drop the new .bin file into your microSD card and you're too lazy to set up an FTP connection.

Please do. I'm having trouble with this.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Why not get the online one?

I don't believe the online uses the newest ropbin payloads.

Rayan92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey fellas so no updates on themehax or browserhax or any hax lol for 2DS v9.9? I'm still hunting for Cubic ninja but it's hard to get your hands on it!

Rayan92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Browserhax has been fixed to work on later firmwares but I'm unsure if it fixes update-nagged consoles.

Nice that gives me a bit of hope! Might telling me where to read and get knowledge of this? Sorry for the noobness and always appreciate your super fast replies

The Evil Queen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm glad things worked out for you after all this waiting. You're much welcome. :3

Browserhax working again?! What??

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm glad things worked out for you after all this waiting. You're much welcome. :3

So if I still have homebrew...but I need an access point, browserhax can work?

Pandaxclone2

Pokemon Sprite Artist Hobbyist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I can't access browserhax, how do I install menuhax for 3ds 9.2.0-20U without homebrew currently installed

It's impossible to use menuhax without first having an entrypoint already installed. Menuhax is a secondary entrypoint meaning it requires an entrypoint already to install, whereas a primary entrypoint like browserhax doesn't need anything else but the boot file on the SD card and instructions followed to run.

As for browserhax running, it's been a few firmware updates since this tutorial was written. I'm sure by then that there's probably another way to get it running but be sure you've tried this method first and if that doesn't work you'll have to search around for new instructions on browserhax. Regardless, I know browserhax should work on 9.2.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: how are you doing @K3Nv2