Votes: 160 17.5%

• Total voters

AutumnWolf

JRPG enjoyer, Xenoblade, YS and DQ connoisseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Then what's the point of making a 3ds file? what's even the point of sky3ds??
Allowing you to play (non-modified) .3ds files on <10.4?
sky3ds is to play normal roms and the 3ds file you generate is to be converted to a cia.
Can you help me with that?, my .cia isn't working XD

But if I convert this to cia can I run it on sky3ds? I really have no space on my system memory card..
No, you have to use a cfw

Pea2nuts

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Allowing you to play (non-modified) .3ds files on <10.4?

Can you help me with that?, my .cia isn't working XD

No, you have to use a cfw
i have a cfw but I have no space on my sd card.. Why is it so difficult to play this .3ds file? Why is the cfw not enough to play it? This very tutorial states the 3ds file will be "playable"

Last edited by Pea2nuts,

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
i have a cfw but I have no space on my sd card.. Why is it so difficult to play this .3ds file? Why is the cfw not enough to play it?
If you don't have space on your SD card, free some up! Remove a game that you haven't played in a long time/didn't enjoy. Or get a bigger SD card and transfer NANDS. Your choice.

AutumnWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
i have a cfw but I have no space on my sd card.. Why is it so difficult to play this .3ds file? Why is the cfw not enough to play it? This very tutorial states the 3ds file will be "playable"
Get a bigger sd or try to free up some space, those .3ds roms only work on gateway cards

Pea2nuts

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you don't have space on your SD card, free some up! Remove a game that you haven't played in a long time/didn't enjoy. Or get a bigger SD card and transfer NANDS. Your choice.
All I have on there is the cfw stuff and hbl.. It's a 2gb card that came with my ds. This tutorial says the 3ds file will be "playable"

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Get a bigger sd or try to free up some space, those .3ds roms only work on gateway cards
So you're saying if I spend another 70$ on gateway on top of the 95$ sky3ds+ cost me it will then work?

Last edited by Pea2nuts,

AutumnWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
All I have on there is the cfw stuff and hbl.. It's a 2gb card that came with my ds. This tutorial says the 3ds file will be "playable"

So you're saying if I spend another 70$ on gateway on top of the 95$ sky3ds+ cost me it will then work?
I never told you to buy a gateway... seriously, getting a bigger sd card for your 3ds would be enough/better

rimmyjustles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So, I'm not asking you to provide me with ROMS but since uploaded roms are essentially dumps of retail cards, can I just download a rom of said game I would like to modify rather than using Braindump? If not, then sure I'll just use Braindump, but circumventing the braindump process seems preferable.

escequi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Optional: Turn this .3ds in .cia for CFW
So, I'm not asking you to provide me with ROMS but since uploaded roms are essentially dumps of retail cards, can I just download a rom of said game I would like to modify rather than using Braindump? If not, then sure I'll just use Braindump, but circumventing the braindump process seems preferable.
Thats basically what you do in the other 3 methods

rimmyjustles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thats basically what you do in the other 3 methods

Coolio. My bad for not reading the other methods (as I'm on 9.9). I'm looking to contribute to translations since I've a portfolio and hobby for that kind of thing. Hopefully I can do something with Corpse Party 3DS.

escequi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Coolio. My bad for not reading the other methods (as I'm on 9.9). I'm looking to contribute to translations since I've a portfolio and hobby for that kind of thing. Hopefully I can do something with Corpse Party 3DS.
I see, it's because it probably needs to run the game or something, since you're on 9.9 you can downgrade to 9.2, it's pretty safe as long as you make sure you have the right uncorrupted files

rimmyjustles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I see, it's because it probably needs to run the game or something, since you're on 9.9 you can downgrade to 9.2, it's pretty safe as long as you make sure you have the right uncorrupted files

I'm not going to risk that, actually. I'm fine with 9.9, and I fully endorse the HANS convention for translations/romhacks. I don't like the older firmware conventions. So long as I am below 10.3 (currently 9.9), I would be fine I would imagine. I have no reason to ever update my firmware either.

Last edited by rimmyjustles,

MasterLel

Cooonfusion of da highest orda
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
France
I've extracted my romfs/exefs with ctrtool, but I can't find any ExeHeader.bin... any idea why?

edit: I'm stupid, I forgot to dump it haha.....

We can't use 3DS Builder on Windows Vista ? Cause I can't select the files, only the folder

Okay now i'm getting "Your selected Exefs is missing something essential"..... My Exefs is normal, unmodified and already decrypted...

Last edited by MasterLel,

MasterLel

Cooonfusion of da highest orda
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
France
My exefs folder only contains exefs.bin (either the one dumped with ctrtool, or the one dumped with your application)
Can I send you the exefs file and you try to open it in 3DS Builder ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think the tv series has boasted play of, I did see they said playing of it Is up, way more than norm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing the next gen version on Series X all day, I love it. :wub:
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Downloading some random stuff, damn almost 400GBs in like 4 hours lol
    Gonna be over 1TB this month.... damn lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    At least you have some fast speeds. What a drag that used to be, I remb downloading 1 pic back in the day, and seeing line by line show
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download, good ole AOL. Of course that's before most you guys even were born yet.
    Lol I think my first modem was 48K but it had some sort of firmware or software update that let me get 56K
    +1
    I had EarthLink lol
    A bunch of NetZero accounts that I used for things... Lol
    +1
    So glad I'm not in prison lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea marriage is a bitch sometimes...
    I legit think they passed the cyber terrorism laws from some of my hmm pranks lol
    I knocked the east coast backbone of EarthLink offline for like 6 hours one time, was on the news and everything well I mean I wasn't on the news.... Just they where having "technical difficulties" lol
    +1
    Was just one single custom packet. I miss when Internet security was an afterthought lol almost all modems and network hardware operated in promiscuous mode.
    Now these days they do sanity checks.... The source IP can't also be the destination IP lol
    They did end up using some of my stuff in the first Gulf war though lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    GUYS I JUST COMMENTED A YOUR MOM JOKE ON A GACHA YT COMMUNITY POST (the algorithm has cursed me in terms of community posts, bc I fuck around on that sort of community post, just commenting and being a jackass)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IT FELT SO GOOD
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the OP made a couple vocaloid characters, and the post had the caption "Guess who I did 💙💛❤️

hint: they're from vocaloid"
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    to which I responded:
    "Guess who I did 💙💛❤️

hint: it's uremum"
    +1
    I studied IPV6 if they hadn't passed the cyber terrorism laws omg.... In theory I have some awesome pranks but I'm afraid to test them lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Thank goodness for VPN nowadays
    I don't trust them lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I don't trust them lol