Hacking [Tutorial]How to break the game limit on red button Sky3DS cartridges

annabel-lee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
And considering all of the above is accounted for, would I be wrong If I'd..
- Downloaded the needed Diskwriter and template (which one at this point unknown)
- Formatted and used the program as usual to burn 10 games on the 16GB card
- Insert the SD in SKY3DS and run each of those games once on my console (3DSXL with v9.4)
- Downloaded a fresh copy of both Diskwriter and template
- Formatted the 32GB card and used the program per usual to burn 31 games/31+ games
- Inserted the 32GB card into the SKY3DS, put the 16GB card away for now
- Insert the SKY3DS into my console, and used "the thing" to browse between the games

Or am I completely misunderstanding things?

Help.. Please! :(

Keylogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
And considering all of the above is accounted for, would I be wrong If I'd..
- Downloaded the needed Diskwriter and template (which one at this point unknown)
- Formatted and used the program as usual to burn 10 games on the 16GB card
- Insert the SD in SKY3DS and run each of those games once on my console (3DSXL with v9.4)
- Downloaded a fresh copy of both Diskwriter and template
- Formatted the 32GB card and used the program per usual to burn 31 games/31+ games
- Inserted the 32GB card into the SKY3DS, put the 16GB card away for now
- Insert the SKY3DS into my console, and used "the thing" to browse between the games

Or am I completely misunderstanding things?

Help.. Please! :(

Hi,

-Download the latest diskwriter (1.06), latest template.txt & latest Cracktool: http://filetrip.net/dl?9FOu8PE0wx
-Format your SD cards with windows
-Open the cracktool: open your rom & your template file.
-Patch the rom & the template file.
-Open DiskWriter
-Format your SD Card using diskwriter
-Choose your patched template file
-Burn your patched rom (Should be marked as EEPROM NO)

annabel-lee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi,

-Download the latest diskwriter (1.06), latest template.txt & latest Cracktool: http://filetrip.net/dl?9FOu8PE0wx
-Format your SD cards with windows
-Open the cracktool: open your rom & your template file.
-Patch the rom & the template file.
-Open DiskWriter
-Format your SD Card using diskwriter
-Choose your patched template file
-Burn your patched rom (Should be marked as EEPROM NO)

Should I do this for the first, the second or both microSD cards?

Alluro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Red card owner here. If I have 6 games on SD card 1 that are all eeprom = yes, should I reformat and use the disktool to make every file on every SD card eeprom = no? Or should I just wait until I fill up the first card with 10 games and then make the switch?

Arithmatics

I'll be holding on to you. ;}
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Red card owner here. If I have 6 games on SD card 1 that are all eeprom = yes, should I reformat and use the disktool to make every file on every SD card eeprom = no? Or should I just wait until I fill up the first card with 10 games and then make the switch?
You could do that, or just leave it be and use SD 2/3/4/5 to make all files eeprom = no.

johnbus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can we load nds games in the red one?
I am trying to do that, but since these games are not in the txt list, we are not able to load these kind of games, right?

It simulates a 3DS cartridge, so anything that isn't a rom of a physical 3DS game probably won't work.

RoDryBones

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
So... now it is not necessary anything at all when putting roms into the Sky3DS? Just use Diskwritter on them? All of the roms can be EEPROM YES now without limit?

johnbus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So... now it is not necessary anything at all when putting roms into the Sky3DS? Just use Diskwritter on them? All of the roms can be EEPROM YES now without limit?

On the red button version, it will cycle normally with the first 10 roms used on it, and try to auto-cycle past anything that isn't one of the first 10. This can be stopped by holding the button on the cart down as soon as it switches to the desired game (before the light comes back on) for about five seconds or so. It causes an error, which makes the light strobe endlessly, but the game should play and save fine. To swap games, you can go in and out of system settings, eject and reinsert the cart, or power off and on the system.

The blue button version should work just fine no matter how many games you play on it, but some find it annoying that it doesn't auto-scroll like the 10+ games on the red button version.

RoDryBones

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
On the red button version, it will cycle normally with the first 10 roms used on it, and try to auto-cycle past anything that isn't one of the first 10. This can be stopped by holding the button on the cart down as soon as it switches to the desired game (before the light comes back on) for about five seconds or so. It causes an error, which makes the light strobe endlessly, but the game should play and save fine. To swap games, you can go in and out of system settings, eject and reinsert the cart, or power off and on the system.

The blue button version should work just fine no matter how many games you play on it, but some find it annoying that it doesn't auto-scroll like the 10+ games on the red button version.

Yeah, I knew that, but what I meant (and was my fault by not writting it) was if it's necessary to edit the template with the last Diskwritter, to make the games EEPROM NO, or is fine to leave them all EEPROM YES?

johnbus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I knew that, but what I meant (and was my fault by not writting it) was if it's necessary to edit the template with the last Diskwritter, to make the games EEPROM NO, or is fine to leave them all EEPROM YES?

It isn't necessary, but it is an option if you happen to prefer games in a CARD2 format.

Reactions: RoDryBones

Blueie

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
UPDATE:
As of DiskWriter v1.05 alongside template1225.txt, All the methods on this thread are no longer necessary.

What does this mean? That the red button model functions the same as the blue button version as long as you're using template1225.txt?

Ricardo Toddy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Sorry guys for upload this but i need some help:

I have one Sky3ds [Blue button] and i download the crack [ver.1.110] and i using a custom template with online roms/headers for me, its fine but , i tried muchhhh times.. and , if i go burn game on the sky, diskwritter not ask for i can burn [NAND Type] and burn directly and said YES to EEPROM, in Crack, i convert rom before , and says NO.. correctly.. anyone here got this problem? how i can solve this?

Sorry for my english

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Welp, already have 40h in Stellar Blade and dying to home and put some more.