Tutorial  Updated

How to ask questions on GBAtemp

This may sound a little rude and somewhat EoF material, but I'm getting a bit tired of seeing question threads on the 3DS tutorial section. It also says NOT to ask questions here or else you will recieve a warning. So here's a handy guide:
1) Check what problem you are having first (eg Is it a hardware problem? Trouble with Homebrew? Need help with CFW or flashcards?)
2) Ask your question on the appropiate board (Hardware problems would go in the Console and Accessories section, Homebrew problems would go in the Homebrew and Emulation section and CFW/flashcard problems would go in the Flashcards and Custom Firmware section)
2a) At least do a simple Google search for your problem first and / or read the opening post of the appropriate thread (if applicable).
2b) Be specific when describing your problem. No one will help you if you just tell us "It doesn't work".
3) Wait patiently for someone to help with your problem
Happy Question-asking!

Last edited by Bubsy Bobcat,

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This may sound a little rude and somewhat EoF material, but I'm getting a bit tired of seeing question threads on the 3DS tutorial section. It also says NOT to ask questions here or else you will recieve a warning. So here's a handy guide:
1) Check what problem you are having first (eg Is it a hardware problem? Trouble with Homebrew? Need help with CFW or flashcards?)
2) Ask your question on the appropiate board (Hardware problems would go in the Console and Accessories section, Homebrew problems would go in the Homebrew and Emulation section and CFW/flashcard problems would go in the Flashcards and Custom Firmware section)
3) Wait patiently for someone to help with your problem
Happy Question-asking!
Add to that:
2a) At least do a simple Google search for your problem first and / or read the opening post of the appropriate thread (if applicable).
2b) Be specific when describing your problem. No one will help you if you just tell us "It doesn't work".

I'd also advocate having specific subforums for such question threads (vs, for example release and tutorial threads). The actually useful stuff gets buried much too fast here.

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you can also include in your tutorial to not make clickbait topic titles.

For example topics I see frequently post in their title "Kernel access 10.5"

And then in their post they said "is there kernel access on 10.5?". I know this must bother other people too.

Reactions: bkifft

SonicRings

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is all common sense. People lacking common sense will not find this thread and do what this thread is trying to prevent, therefore making this thread useless.. lol

Reactions: Ruby Gloom

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1