ROM Hack [Tutorial] Edit your Skyrim Switch Saves and add custom saves

manni332

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I already have a pc save of Skyrim that I would like to transfer over to the switch version. Is this possible in any way?

roflrabbit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I already have a pc save of Skyrim that I would like to transfer over to the switch version. Is this possible in any way?
Yup! I transferred a PC save that I found from the Nexus.

Instructions:
- Dump Skyrim SE savedata using Checkpoint
- Locate dumped savedata on PC
- Copy any ".sav0" file name from your dumped savedata
- Paste copied name over your PC save (eg. "20180528150316_Save1_C786113A_0_507269736F6E6572_536B797269.sav0")
- REPLACE Switch save with your PC save
- Restore modified save dump in Checkpoint
- Launch Skyrim SE and find your PC save!

I'm not sure if that's the 'proper' way to do it but it is much easier than following the advanced section for the very first time.

Reactions: manni332

Pistakilla

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's awesome, Thank you! If you don't mind fixing thing the investigate thing, that would be great! Thank you again!

Hey dude, sorry for the delay. I've been super busy with things and I just had time to do all of the cleaning up for Hjerim. Here you go.

Few notes:
  • Only cleaned like 99% of the whole house, so the only thing I left out was a rope at your bedroom, If i removed it, than you would see floating things in the kitchen, so I left that in.
  • Nord mead are left in (it's items you can't handle cleaning)
  • lighting looks weird, I legit looked at every forum about the lights and I just legit gave up
  • Serana is your wife now.

Attachments

• Hjerim.zip
    5.8 MB · Views: 399
Reactions: iDanimal

iDanimal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey dude, sorry for the delay. I've been super busy with things and I just had time to do all of the cleaning up for Hjerim. Here you go.

Few notes:
  • Only cleaned like 99% of the whole house, so the only thing I left out was a rope at your bedroom, If i removed it, than you would see floating things in the kitchen, so I left that in.
  • Nord mead are left in (it's items you can't handle cleaning)
  • lighting looks weird, I legit looked at every forum about the lights and I just legit gave up
  • Serana is your wife now.

I just tested it and it's perfect! Thank you. The lighting isn't a big deal, I just wanted the damned house! lol. Anyway, the Serana thing seems to have not carried over, It's still showing Aela as my wife, which is no problem. And no sweat on taking your time, you have a life too and I really appreciate you doing all this for me. Thanks again!

Alex00

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone,

Here's my wishlist:

- Start at Helgen (Pre Character Creation)
- Level 81
- All Skills 100
- All Perks
- 5000 Magicka, 5000 Health, and 5000 Stamina
- 100000000 GOLD
- Transportable weight high
- All Locations Revealed (Black/Undiscovered)
- All Vampire Lord & Werewolf Perks Unlocked
- All Magic
- All Materials
- All Daedric Armor, Sword, Shield, etc... with high damage (500 of damage).

Is it possibile?

Thank you!

Last edited by Alex00,

spideyguy132

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, Sorry, I'm new to switch homebrew things, So, what files do I need to send to get a save edited (No steam, if I had it, I'd do it myself) I don't want much, just some things to bypass bugs (I couldn't get warewolf ring because a follower killed the warewolf, and I can't start the whispering door quest as Helda died when I started (Might have stolen some things when I was a noob..... ) Anyways, no big rush, just wanted these things and probably more if I keep finding things.

Supreme23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't have this for pc could someone please edit my save with max money, level 99, and all skills at level 100, all perks, and anything else you can add would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 01000a10041ea000.zip
    5.2 MB · Views: 235

Supreme23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
phew...I went through everything I can to get virtually the main stuff you need, I was able to get the most of the stuff you wanted, but couldn't get dovahgolt because I believe that's for Xbox 360...idk. But here is the save you ordered.
Also, like I mentioned in the tutorial, you will get weird save names, for this one you'll get " x .E" I'm starting to figure out that the SaveNames have a algorithmic code to name a save. Haven't found out how to decipher it or how to translate it. But here's the save. BTW I couldn't get a an enchanted chaos shiv, but only gave you the shiv and a chaos enchanted weapon so that you can add it later.

I also wanted to add that, I gave you 250 perk points, and none of them are spent to any perks. Had to edit the save using mods.

Great save just missing the max gold​

Supreme23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could possibly do the work there for you, I just need to load it up onto my Switch and edit it directly. Anything else you might want?

This would be greatly appreciated, any additions you could make the better:)

If you could add max money, max level, max all skills it would be perfect. Any additions you could add like some type of op armors, op weapons, carry limit would help as well. Thanks in advance

Clapmaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh wow thanks so much for this!! I've been looking for a hack everywhere to bypass the carry weight limit in the Switch version and finally stumbled upon this post. It took about 5 minutes to move my PC save over using checkpoint and overwriting the filename and extension. Can't thank you enough Pistakilla. This is such a helpful tutorial!

Jackson98

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
How many people doing this have been banned? Another thing that interests me is, if you do a nand backup and later restore it, do you lose your edited game saves?

Insan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hello everyone, not a lot of people here cover Skyrim Saves, So I'm gonna make a simple tutorial. I will be covering both editing your saves and creating a save from an existing Skyrim save.

Note: Skyrim saves are compatible for all platforms, that includes PC compatible to Switch and vice versa.

**IMPORTANT**

You must have a copy of Skyrim Special Edition for PC in order to edit your saves, there are no known save editors for switch and/or PC. You can buy the game or...you can get it from somewhere.
Also I'm am not responsible for any corrupt save errors. Make sure you backup your save games before editing them.

Grabbing your saves
Grabbing saves are simple, you need either Checkpoint or EdiZon, then extract your saves to your SD CARD.

Editing Skyrim Saves

Like I said you need Skyrim Special Edition for PC, this does not work with Skyrim Legendary Edition.

1. First of all you will see 2 or 3 files, what's important is that you find your "Saves" folder where all your saves are. There will probably be a lot, but you must find your save with the date. It Should be a .sav0 extension file. If you don't see a .sav0 extension (assuming you are using windows 10) in Windows Explorer find "View" and check "File name extensions".
  2. Copy said .sav0 file to your Skyrim Saves on PC. It's Located in C:\Users\user\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\Saves.
  3. Rename the .sav0 file to a .ess file.
  4. Launch Skyrim Special Edition
  5. Load your save game and you'll get a save warning, telling you that "Hyrule.esm is missing", once you see that warning you know, you're on the right track.
  6. Edit your save with console commands! Go absolute nuts on how you want to edit your save. Here is my example.
  7. After editing, save your game by overwriting the same file (Remember to backup your save, in case anything goes bad)
  8. Once you overwrite the saved game, go back to your save games in Skyrim PC and rename the .ess to .sav0
  9. Copy the modified save and the .sav1 file associated with your save to your switch and injected back. if you are using checkpoint, create a new folder and within that new folder, put a new folder named "Saves".
  10. Inject it back to your switch and load the game.

Adding an existing save to Skyrim Switch (advance)

Let's say you want to add a save from an old skyrim save you have in your computer. These saves work even from the original version of skyrim! To do this, it's not as simple as renaming .ess to .sav0, you need to create a .sav1 file associate to the .sav0. I'll show you how.

1. Grab the save file you want to put in your switch.
  2. Here is the "advanced" part, you need to rename it to the appropriate skyrim save name for the switch or else you get a corrupted save/error when launching the game. You must also create a .sav1 file too. I made a little guide here.
  3. After you've made those saves, copy both your ".sav0" and ".sav1" files to your SD CARD, where your save extractor is.
  4. Inject and play!

Also, if you don't have Skyrim Special Edition for PC, just PM me and I'll see what I can do to edit your save.

I don't have Skyrim Special Edition for PC, can you edit my
Hello everyone, not a lot of people here cover Skyrim Saves, So I'm gonna make a simple tutorial. I will be covering both editing your saves and creating a save from an existing Skyrim save.

Note: Skyrim saves are compatible for all platforms, that includes PC compatible to Switch and vice versa.

**IMPORTANT**

You must have a copy of Skyrim Special Edition for PC in order to edit your saves, there are no known save editors for switch and/or PC. You can buy the game or...you can get it from somewhere.
Also I'm am not responsible for any corrupt save errors. Make sure you backup your save games before editing them.

Grabbing your saves
Grabbing saves are simple, you need either Checkpoint or EdiZon, then extract your saves to your SD CARD.

Editing Skyrim Saves

Like I said you need Skyrim Special Edition for PC, this does not work with Skyrim Legendary Edition.

1. First of all you will see 2 or 3 files, what's important is that you find your "Saves" folder where all your saves are. There will probably be a lot, but you must find your save with the date. It Should be a .sav0 extension file. If you don't see a .sav0 extension (assuming you are using windows 10) in Windows Explorer find "View" and check "File name extensions".
  2. Copy said .sav0 file to your Skyrim Saves on PC. It's Located in C:\Users\user\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\Saves.
  3. Rename the .sav0 file to a .ess file.
  4. Launch Skyrim Special Edition
  5. Load your save game and you'll get a save warning, telling you that "Hyrule.esm is missing", once you see that warning you know, you're on the right track.
  6. Edit your save with console commands! Go absolute nuts on how you want to edit your save. Here is my example.
  7. After editing, save your game by overwriting the same file (Remember to backup your save, in case anything goes bad)
  8. Once you overwrite the saved game, go back to your save games in Skyrim PC and rename the .ess to .sav0
  9. Copy the modified save and the .sav1 file associated with your save to your switch and injected back. if you are using checkpoint, create a new folder and within that new folder, put a new folder named "Saves".
  10. Inject it back to your switch and load the game.

Adding an existing save to Skyrim Switch (advance)

Let's say you want to add a save from an old skyrim save you have in your computer. These saves work even from the original version of skyrim! To do this, it's not as simple as renaming .ess to .sav0, you need to create a .sav1 file associate to the .sav0. I'll show you how.

1. Grab the save file you want to put in your switch.
  2. Here is the "advanced" part, you need to rename it to the appropriate skyrim save name for the switch or else you get a corrupted save/error when launching the game. You must also create a .sav1 file too. I made a little guide here.
  3. After you've made those saves, copy both your ".sav0" and ".sav1" files to your SD CARD, where your save extractor is.
  4. Inject and play!

Also, if you don't have Skyrim Special Edition for PC, just PM me and I'll see what I can do to edit your save.

make or give skyrim save file please, at the first advanture, make character at (helgen) level 1, with 999 perks skills, 99999999999 gold, max carry weight item, skaal amulet with 300% less to cast all spells, and all books spell please??? *sorry very bad english*

sampson_matt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for this!
Using your tutorial I was also able to convert an old extracted save from my Xbox 360 version of Skyrim and get it working on the Switch.
Maybe I'll actually finish the game now...

phamdat

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
someone have pc please help me to edit my save.
i want to change my level to level 1.

Attachments

• kenny.rar
    3.9 MB · Views: 196

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :rofl2::tpi::rofl2: I meant his eyes :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :toot:blow me then @K3Nv2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I'm straight but you're more than welcome to blow ancientboi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    LOL, which straight person does not make gay jokes?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm straight but we can whack dicks together
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    nah, I'm gud over here, no need for sword fights

:glare:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dick slang
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See ancientboi already has a crush on you
    [brings my ⚔️ ] On Guard :D:evil::wub:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Looks more like a dagger to me
    Pffffft I have a crush on everybody
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I see no problem, unless i happen to grow another gender one day. Too bad it ain't now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought you already had both hotswappable gender fluid
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Enjoy whatever life chucks your way

:teach:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Deeze nuts
    Dem Nutz
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    'Em nutters
    M&M nutz
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slim anus nutter
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: I might go buy them M&M w/nuts. I gotta go out to pay the rent anyway
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Eat a Snickers!
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Almond Joys got nuts!
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Almond Joys got nuts!