Homebrew [Tutorial] Downgrading from 11.2 with fasthax

VictorMoreno015

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have Four Swords! So does that mean I can actually downgrade my 11.2 3DS finally?!
As long as its a N3DS then Yes. You will have to wait until the 3rd though as any compiled version of the one thats on Github right now doesn't work properly, I already tried 10 times and it doesn't get kernel access so just wait until nedwill releases it.

Last edited by VictorMoreno015,

Kyubnyan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As long as its a N3DS then Yes. You will have to wait until the 3rd though as any compiled version of the one thats on Github right now doesn't work properly, I already tried 10 times and it doesn't get kernel access so just wait until nedwill releases it.
it should be worked out on o3ds by launch.

Last edited by Kyubnyan,

VictorMoreno015

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it should be worked out on o3ds by launch.
The Github says "This is currently an alpha targeted to N3DS 11.2 only." but if it works on O3DS consoles then thats good

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

at gamestop they have guitar rock tour, if i buy the game there, will it count?
The game HAS to be on TWL mode as that is the mode that accesses the nand. DS carts only run in NTR mode so it can't access the nand at all.

Xanthe

Costco Executive Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope to God there will be another method as to downgrading. Nintendo pulling those games off of the eShop is a disappointment. I guess I am back to waiting...

MarioMasta64

hi. i make batch stuff and portable shiz
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I don't wanna be *that* guy however, a person that does not have access to a second 3DS with CFW nor has the possibility of buying any of those exploitable DSiWare games above is pretty much SOL about downgrading their consoles unless they resource to hardmod.

I'm glad there's more exploits coming out and new entrypoints being released but those who do not have the possibilities have to suck on their thumbs.
I bought Sudoku a couple days ago thinking it would be exploitable but so far nothing, although I'm keeping my patience and surprised at how well the 3DScene evolved in such little time.

MarioMasta64

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't wanna be *that* guy however, a person that does not have access to a second 3DS with CFW nor has the possibility of buying any of those exploitable DSiWare games above is pretty much SOL about downgrading their consoles unless they resource to hardmod.

I'm glad there's more exploits coming out and new entrypoints being released but those who do not have the possibilities have to suck on their thumbs.
I bought Sudoku a couple days ago thinking it would be exploitable but so far nothing, although I'm keeping my patience and surprised at how well the 3DScene evolved in such little time.
its exploitable if were talking DSi Mode homebrew / sudoku v0 injection (soon)

Reactions: Yepi69

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

not exploitable . . . replaceable you can with a 2nd cfw 3ds replace the unhaxable soduku version from the eshop with the older exploitable version from ______ and exploit then system transfer to the virgin 3ds . . . that is if i read the guide correctly

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Just wondering because if you're wanting to downgrade right now you could use the slowhax method
I'm well aware. I have no intention of downgrading that 3DS at the moment.

I have Four Swords! So does that mean I can actually downgrade my 11.2 3DS finally?!
Once fasthax is officially released, yes.

I just checked on mine and four swords and exidia is there
Just tested this with Legends of Exidia. I copied it to my SD card, deleted it from System Memory, then tried to redownload it, and the eShop returned with "This Software is Unavailable", so LoE, unlike Four Swords, is unable to be redownloaded.

Last edited by Xiphiidae,

MarioMasta64

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm well aware. I have no intention of downgrading that 3DS at the moment.

Once fasthax is officially released, yes.

Just tested this with Legends of Exidia. I copied it to my SD card, deleted it from System Memory, then tried to redownload it, and the eShop returned with "This Software is Unavailable", so LoE, unlike Four Swords, is unable to be redownloaded.
you actually have to contact nintendo to get them to download LoE on youre system.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: You can find Mew under a truck in Whatevertown.