OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
My girlfriend was playing the "My Aquarium" game and let it run for awhile(30 min tops) and I was on my way out the door so I hit the Power Button on the front of the console and I tried to turn it back on and it wont respond at all.I've hit the power button like this before and never had a problem,its not like i was in preloader menus or a during a wad installation,just in stand by with the screen dimmed.

So far I've....

Unplugged it from the power
Waited 30 seconds
Replugged it in,nothing.
Unplugged everything,flipped breaker and then back
Replugged it in,nothing.
Moved it to a different room,
same.

Mind you everything else plugged in (tv,laptop,etc) to the same plugs work fine,so obviously its not my power or extension cord.

So far I'm thinking...

Burned out the AC Power Cord(very unlikely but the easiest solution)

Corrupted the Sys initial files that boot the wii

??

My specs are:

3.2 IOS36 NTSC
Yes i was running preloader but have been and it was running fine(just for booting crazyintro custom pic and mp3 of mine)

any help would be great,I'm a bit stumped and no i dont have a savemii but i'm debating on buying one now

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try savemiifrii first it's the exact same thing but you use all the directional buttons on a GC controller... and its free
smile.gif

ShatteredWiiDime

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Even though I didnt think that would work,it leads me to the thought that even the real savemii wont work.Which it didnt work by the way,Thanks for the suggestion though!

I guess i didnt state it clearly though,which is my own fault.

I get no power.none,no power light,screen flicker,or noise from the machine whatsoever.

It puzzles me how it could just do this.I stumbled, upon my searching,of people running into the whole "connect24" problem and burning up their GPU's due to the networking card residing close to the GPU.But I've never noticed my Wii hot even when i run it for a long gaming/customization period.Plus its in an open area not confined to wooden walls in an entertainment center.

I'm moving now to a more serious line of problems such as ...

Power Cable(noted before and where all my prayers are going to as of now)
Power Supply
Or any other internal component,due to the fact that a software brick wont keep the wii from even "turning" on.

Even if it was Preloader that messed this up,I'd surely get a black screen like everyone else.Not a lack of power.

Your thoughts?Anyone lol.....not really funny though X(

sleestax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
unplug it all and wait half an hour to an hour and try it again. I had a similar problem and that worked for me.

ShatteredWiiDime

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
I had something likewise happen when i modded my original xbox back in the day and I just left it alone and it came back on after a day or so.But not the case here,but my neighbor had a wii and I tried his AC cord and it booted right up.

Still,really weird that turning it off like that would fry the AC power cord with such ease.Because its definitely gone R.I.P. lol

Thanks for the fast responses though guys! Problem solved I suppose XD

Wii-Nis

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
you blew the transformer in you Wii power cord....it converts 110v ac to xxv dc(not sure the dc voltage of the wii but its proably 24v dc.) since the Wii and for that matter all electronics work of off direct current and not alternating current. buy a new power block and you'll be fine

Cygoku

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can also try to put the wii into the freezer for few minutes (like 3 to 5) and see if it works again. Do the same with the power adaptor.

Cygoku

Wii-Nis

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
minos55 said:
does the wii have evan the red light? if it's plugged in, if not then itd the cable or the fuse.

the wii power block does not have a fuse...the transformer acts like a fuse, but thats about all they have in common. a power spike in you local grid could off ruined the transformer...they tend to be extremly tempermental

SirTempest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hm, interesting, i read that the european version of the power block has a fuse which is replacable. maybe this is according to some european/german laws

ShatteredWiiDime

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I assume it is a fuse blown inside the ac block.

Weird as it is,without any real knowledge to the architecture of how nintendo setup the internal power supply and power button talking amongst each other(and no real desire to look into it) i'm sure I'll never know if the Wii is the culprit.Considering there were no obvious notions to why it did this in the first place or any obvious reactions(pops,smoke,heat,or other appliances going down with it) prior/during/afterwards it only makes diagnosing this phenomena a higher challenge.I lack the energy especially now that I've fixed the problem lol.Funny how my energy was drained so fast! XD

Thanks again guys for the great responses and suggestions!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Don't ask how I know that's in the works lol