Turn-based medieval strategy game 'Inkulinati' to launch in Early Access in January

inkulinati.jpg

The ink-based strategy game Inkulinati from developer Yaza Games and Publisher Daedalic Entertainment will launch in Early Access next month. The title combines comical illustrations with turn-based combat as players take the role of master Inkulinati to strategically command the inked creatures.

Inkulinati are a legendary group who battle one another on the pages of medieval manuscripts. They fight by drawing beasts with the Living Ink. Thanks to this magical substance, those creatures come to life and an epic battle ensues. Donkeys playing trumpets with their bottoms, bishop cats vanquishing heretics with prayers, heavy but deadly snails that eat units alive, and more. Much, much more.

Inkulinati will feature a single-player campaign as well as local multiplayer gameplay. The Early Access version will be available on Steam, GOG, the Microsoft Store (PC Only), Xbox Game Preview and Game Pass on January 31, 2023. The Nintendo Switch version will launch with the full release of the game.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very difficult to get any sense of gameplay from the trailer, but initially the description made me think of okami

Seems more like side scrolling beat em up

Reactions: d4mation and CoolMe

1B51004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I sayeth, tis an absolutely wonderful and novel idea. forsooth, a-looking forward to a-seein''ow this is implement'd, doft.

diggeloid

Alex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Steam page has gameplay footage, and it looks pretty cool. The ink stuff seems to be more of a gimmick, but the game is interesting since it's played from a 2D platformer POV. I can't think of many turn-based strategy games that do that (only SteamWorld Heist comes to mind, but it's not exactly the same)

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
looks cool, though have no idea how it plays (which could be a major deal breaker for some people)..

Mazamin

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The creators of the game's name clearly don't know how much it resembles another thing in italian, it would have been pegi 18

J-Machine

Self proclaimed Pog champion
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
cool idea but no gameplay means im not gonna pay attention yet. hype trains are a burden of the mind and almost always make the reality less enjoyable then what we imagine to experience.

Luke94

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It kind of reminds me of what if scenario of Paper Jazz Jackrabbit(unlike Sonic the Hedgehog/Paper Sonic). Kind of like Paper Jazz.

Last edited by Luke94,

Nagarjuna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Love all these games with faithful(ish) medieval art styles coming out recently. Very cool look and probably doesn't take much to run either. Don't know why there has been a surge of them in the last year though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: A type of fish