Turbografx-16?

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Japhle, Mar 31, 2008.

1. Japhle
    OP

Japhle GBAtemp Regular

Dec 21, 2007
    United States
    Wisconsin
    Anyone know if anyone is developing a turbografx-16 emulator for the DS? that would make my day almost as much as getting a nicer computer and internet access at my house.

2. m-p{3}

m-p{3} GBAtemp Regular

Jan 23, 2008
    Canada
    Montreal QC, Canada
    I currently have only seen one, but it is based on GBA code, it won't work from a Slot-1 cartridge. If you have a Slot-2 cartridge available, you should be able to use it.

3. Hadrian

Hadrian Better than Craigslist

Former Staff
    Oct 12, 2004
    No emulator at the moment, surprised there isn't one already.

If you have a slot-2 then you can give the GBA emualator a try, its called PCEAdvance. Bomberman 93 was near perfect and Super Star Soldier ran very well but thats all I tried.

4. TSPhoenix

TSPhoenix GBAtemp Regular

Aug 7, 2007
    I've not dabbled in TG16 emulation for ages, what is the deal with the PC emulators, is it still only Magic Engine for $10?

5. Hadrian

Hadrian Better than Craigslist

Former Staff
    Oct 12, 2004
    Magic Engine is still the best but not freeware but there are "ways" around that.

There is HU-GO which is the next best thing and its free.
    XPCE isn't worth bothering with but it is open source so I hope that one day someone could make it better.

6. Japhle
    OP

Japhle GBAtemp Regular

Dec 21, 2007
    United States
    Wisconsin
    Well, I'd rather play it with regular buttons, And I don't Have a USB Contoller or anything.
    And I also don't have internet access with which I can actually download stuff except for two days every two weeks.