TTDS CLONE FIRMWARE!

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by NBAPwns13, Sep 30, 2011.

Sep 30, 2011

TTDS CLONE FIRMWARE! by NBAPwns13 at 12:01 AM (8,859 Views / 0 Likes) 24 replies

1. NBAPwns13
    OP

Member NBAPwns13 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I really need help never been on this forumes for years!i had a clone ttds and the sticker was r4 -.- soo ireally need help! the menu is ttds etc...
    i really want to play some pokemon mystery dugeon with my friend
    what firmware can i use for this?
    please help!

2. Red_Gh0st

Member Red_Gh0st GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I think you can use retrogamefan's firmware

3. s4mid4re

Member s4mid4re  

United States
    look here for the list of clones that are compatible with YSmenu

If you don't know which to use, you need to give more info about which exact r4 clone you have.

4. NBAPwns13
    OP

United States

what r4 clone do i have? =/

5. s4mid4re

Member s4mid4re  

United States
    Describe it to us (the website written on the sticker and preferably, an image of your cart)

6. NBAPwns13
    OP

United States

so what do i download ? what do i use ? patchers etc...

7. s4mid4re

Member s4mid4re  

United States
    each r4 clone uses a different format of YSmenu, meaning we need to know which r4 clone you have. YSmenu is an unofficial firmware/loader for the dstt and many r4/dstt clones. If we know which clone you've got, you can install the appropriate YSmenu of your clone and have boosted compatibility. Installing isn't difficult; just drag/drop from the appropriate folder from the Multicart update by RGF

EDIT: describe the cart, so that we can identify it. Tell us the website written on the sticker of your cart and an image of it.

8. NBAPwns13
    OP

United States

soo what doo i use?

9. s4mid4re

Member s4mid4re  

United States
    You have to describe the cart to us, in order to identify which clone you have. By identifying the cart, you'll know which YSmenu you should install. Please tell us the website written on the sticker and an image of your cart.

10. NBAPwns13
    OP

United States

well the sticker is gone i ripped it off it was an r4 sticker r4 revolution
    it had an r4-sdhc website something like that.
    and it has a ttds menu
    EDIT : when in the sd card it had _system r4 crap etc.. files.

11. s4mid4re

Member s4mid4re  

United States
    try using the "R4-SDHC_R4i-SDHC" folder one. Just drag/drop the contents into your micro SD card. Remove any component from your older firmware (just keep it backed-up in your computer, just in case you need it).

12. NBAPwns13
    OP

United States

it doesnt work . i dont have a back up i deleted the content on it long time ago =/ and im trying to get it back.
    the content i got came with the shit already in it , idk where they got the firm ware from

13. s4mid4re

Member s4mid4re  

United States
    You don't seem to have the original firmware of your clone then? If it's not supported as a native firmware, the only way to go is dual-booting. The only way you can dual-boot YSmenu is to have the original firmware. Try finding your native firmware.

And also, made a mistake: if you're going to use it as a native firmware, you have to use the "DSTT_DSTTi" folder and rename some files (look inside the spoiler for specific renames).

If any of the native boot don't work, try the dual-booting. But first, you'll have to find your original firmware. In the spoiler is a list of clones that supports YSmenu. Look at the websites and go to the ones that seems familiar. Download the firmware and test them if they work.

Warning: Spoilers inside!

14. NBAPwns13
    OP

United States
    only the folder? that i download ?what files to i rename?

15. s4mid4re

Member s4mid4re  

United States
    Inside of the Multicart update zip file, there's a bunch of folders and within them, there should be one named "DSTT_DSTTi". And within that folder there's a bunch of files. Look at the spoiler and rename the appropriate file to the appropriate name (when changing extensions, your computer might give you an error. Just accept it)

16. NBAPwns13
    OP

United States

:S the mutliccart update? or the spoiler one ? i thought you mean download the files from thoes sites and then rename a folder ... :S soo confused.

17. s4mid4re

Member s4mid4re  

United States
    This is the multicart update (also know as the YSmenu). Inside the zip file there's a bunch of folders. inside those folders there are files (the firmware files). The spoiler contains all of the clones that can use YSmenu, their websites, and which folder to use/which file(s) within that folder to rename. Just do as the spoiler says.

for example: "R4i SDHC Upgrade Revolution - r4i-dshc.com -> Rename TTMenu.dat to R4i.TP (Use DSTT_DSTTi folder)"
    In the above case, you will rename the file called TTMenu.dat to R4i.TP and put it into your micro SD card along with every other file included in the DSTT_DSTTi folder.

18. NBAPwns13
    OP

United States

can you do this for me ? like get the full package so that i can just copy and paste on to the root , it might sound easy for you , but for me no [​IMG] this takes hours for me to do . and im very lazy soo ye

19. s4mid4re

Member s4mid4re  

United States
    Let me tell you one thing: It doesn't take hours to rename a single file. Just look at the ones that look familiar and do as the spoiler says. It's not hard. Put the contents of the appropriate folder and rename TTMenu.dat to whatever the spoiler says to rename.

20. NBAPwns13
    OP

United States

it says menu -.- (drep face) i;ve tried most of the r4 files and stuff. it doesnt even says rename it just says copy files . i k now exactly there were r4 files. _system_ moonshell