Hacking Trying to use Twilight Menu as a skin for R4i gold flashcart

BobSaget1945

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As the title suggests, I'm trying to use Twilight Menu as a skin for R4i gold flashcart.
Aka, to have the Twilight gold UI, but the R4i gold card compatibility.

I've tried following this guide https://gbatemp.net/threads/ds-i-3d...-ds-i-games-and-ds-i-menu-replacement.472200/

But every time I try to go into the Twilight Menu icon on the 3ds, it just goes to the DS menu... Then when I try to clinck on the TwiLight Menu++ game, it just sends me in a loop where it restarts the DS menu, and never actually lets me get to the area where I can choose the games.

Any help would be appreciated.

PedroxBest

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
pedroxthebest-net.webnode.com
XP
Country
Brazil
well, in some flashcarts (like Acekard) in the firmware files there are some NDS file (ak2menu.nds, etc) i don't know if the R4i SDHC Gold PRO (that's the full name of your flashcart i think) but, if there are some .NDS file on the firmware, try switching the files with TWLMenu++ .NDS file, and the folders that need to be on the sd card, needs to be the _nds from root and flashcard users folder, and roms folder from root.

EDIT: the _nds and roms folder needs to be on root of the sd card, lol

Last edited by PedroxBest,

PedroxBest

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
pedroxthebest-net.webnode.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Valeu mano. I'll try that.
mano, vc e br?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

and also,

1. In the 7z file, extract the "_nds" folder from both the 7z root and the "Flashcard users" folder, to the SD Card root. Merge folders, when asked to.
2. Extract the "boot.nds" file from the "Flashcard users" folder, to the SD Card root.
3. Put .gb/.gbc/.gen/.gg/.nes/.nds/.sms/.smc/.sfc ROMs anywhere on your flashcard's microSD card.
(Optional) Using your flashcard firmware to load retail/commercial ROMs
  • If you want to use your flashcard firmware instead of nds-bootstrap to load retail/commercial ROMs, then proceed below.

Compatible flashcards (skip to step 4, if your flashcard is not listed):
    Original R4/M3 Simply? (Autobooting TWiLight Menu++ works?)
    R4iDSN/R4i Gold RTS/R4 Ultra (Cannot autoboot TWiLight Menu++ with R4iDSN/R4i Gold RTS, but can with R4 Ultra)
    Acekard 2(i)/Galaxy Eagle/M3DS Real (Cannot autoboot TWiLight Menu++ with Acekard 2(i), but does it work for the others?)
    Acekard RPG? (Autobooting TWiLight Menu++ works?)
    SuperCard DSTWO (Able to autoboot into TWiLight Menu++)

Extract what's in "for Slot-1 microSD" to the root of the flashcard's microSD card.

After this and setting up TWiLight Menu++ on your flashcard, set "Use nds-bootstrap" to "No" so the flashcard firmware will be used instead of nds-bootstrap. 4. Extract what's in "Flashcard users/Autoboot/(your flashcard)" to the root of the flashcard's microSD card. (Skip this, if you don't see your flashcard.)
    5. DS Phat/DS lite users: Go to settings in the DS menu, and turn on auto-start, so your flashcard will start on boot.
    6. You're good to go! Launch your flashcard, and TWiLight Menu++ will load! (Load "boot.nds", if you're in the regular flashcard menu, or if autobooting doesn't work.)
    7. You can also set your preferred sound/mic frequency, if you're using a DSi, 3DS, or 2DS.
    If you want to use TWL clock speed and/or VRAM boost on your flashcard games, launch your flashcard using TWiLight Menu++ on the console's SD card, with the "SCFG access in Slot-1" setting turned on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs