Hacking Trying to transfer a .sav-file to a eshop dump...

KaitoAT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I bought the eshop dump of HM:New Beginning and now I'm trying to use my flashcart-created sav-file.

Replacing the 00000001.sav-File in the eshop-dump's folder didn't work.
Tried to use the Data Restore/Backup feature...didn't work too...
(the game always ends up reseting the file -.-)

Any idea? ._.

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you bought it from Nintendo in the E-shop? Sorry I'm not quite understanding.

I don't think the saves would transfer between a cartridge dump and e-shop honestly.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Pretty sure someone said it worked with Pokemon, so it should work, just load up the rom then exit, then go to save transfer tool(downloadable from the eshop).......not sure what it would do for out of region games, but should work ok for same region

KaitoAT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The Tool doesn't recognize the flashcard as 3ds gamecart ._.

Only works with pokemon because it got a nand-based sav...

But I'm still thinking it should be possible since both sav-files are 512KB and are from the same console :/

matt123337

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The Tool doesn't recognize the flashcard as 3ds gamecart ._.

Only works with pokemon because it got a nand-based sav...

But I'm still thinking it should be possible since both sav-files are 512KB and are from the same console :/
One is encrypted whereas the other is most likely not.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I believe eshop title saves are encrypted differently than retail copies,

But yeah you are correct save transfer tool doesn't appear to work for card1 games

KaitoAT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Spent a night on research about the encryption...

The thing is that a card1-rom doesn't have a rom-based-encryption-key....the area is just empty :7
While a nand-based-save like Pokemon uses a combined key of time+hardware-id.

Btw. I also tried to bypass the encryption-period by booting the rom and switching to eshop-retail without clearing the internal flash....
(If it would be a pokemon-game, the eshop-game would just load the sav already preloaded by the rom...but card1 is strange)

Tried a few tools to extract the encryption-key from the eshop game and decrypt the card1-sav...messing up every time, because I'm kinda overlooked something...(had no problem decrypting the rom-sav, but can't decrypt the eshop-sav and so can't encrypt a new one...)
But seems that eshop games got a different encryption than both card1 and card2 games....
Read rumours that the savegame from a eshop-game is using a combined encryption key, combining savetime+hardwareid...

Goddamn I don't want to play 209hours again <,<"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn4vARy44iY