kharn101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys,
I am trying to get a wii iso onto a usb, i am trying to shrink it down to a very small file. I have a 4gb usb stick, and i have tried scrubbing the file and then trimming the file, any ideas on how i can shrink it? A link would be great thanks
smile.gif

Terrence57

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm sorry I don't know how to shrink your iso file. But have you considered using a USB hard drive instead of a normal usb memory stick? Because I think the stick would only be able to hold one game >.< I remember reading up something about removing garbage data from the disc on these forums but I can't remember where I found it... Sorry.

EDIT: Oh hey I found it (: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=179085&st=0

"Q: What is WBFS?
A: Wii Backup File System; A format that is used to store games on for USB loaders. WBFS is not recognized by any computer, so you need a WBFS manager to add games from there. If you add games to WBFS, all useless data (like the update and Garbage data) is removed."

Hope this helped
smile.gif

Det1re

det1re.de
Trophies
Website
det1re.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Terrence57 said:
"Q: What is WBFS?
A: Wii Backup File System; A format that is used to store games on for USB loaders. WBFS is not recognized by any computer, so you need a WBFS manager to add games from there. If you add games to WBFS, all useless data (like the update and Garbage data) is removed."
Yep. You could replace the update WAD files with zero byte ones. This should give you ~80MB, but could go up to ~120MB; depending on the update what's on it.

Terrence57

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hm. I'm not entirely sure. However, I strongly suggest you use a USB hard drive instead of a normal memory stick, since Nintendo adds garbage data which makes all games 4.7 GB in size. If you could remove that, and the update file, I still think you will only be able to fit in one game. So yeah I would use a hard drive.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WBFS should scrub automatically.

What is the game so I can check its scrub size?

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if it is a PAL game, get the NTSC version. the PAL wiisports is .62gB while the NTSC is .33gB.
and depending on the game, you can use wiiscrubber to replace files with ones that you dont need. just create a 0byte file and rename it to match the files of the game and right click->replace. as long as it is not an important file, it will be fine. you can get rid of all the intro movies and cutscenes in the guitar hero games (if you know what you are doing), and still play the game fine.

DVS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mostly all games should fit on that 4gb. Of course only a single iso though. I don't think I have seen a iso thru usb loader bigger than 4gb. A WBFS manager will copy only the essential files. Or maybe your manager is set to copy all data, which I don't think because the default setting is not set to this. That usb stick is probably not compatible hence it don't work. But a Seagate portable and you will be in heaven. DVS.

DVS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I think that you are trying to copy the original backup iso to the memory stick. It won't work like that. Get a WBFS manager to load that iso to your memory stick.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, The Russians are after you lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send me your ip I'll remotely fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 my head needs fixing if I believe you
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ngl hogwarts legacy has good pooping music
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    That's uh-
    That's certainly a Dairy Queen sign lmao
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You should see his help wanted signs
    Ugh, so many sweat-dipwads in Sploon 3 Anarchy mode tonight
    I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month, good god
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of "confirming" games you know will get released. Like Nintendo "confirming" a Zelda sequel. "We can't be sure Nintendo is working on a new Zelda game, or if a new Zelda game will ever be released, until they officially confirm it."
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "There is literally no way to know if they will ever release a new Zelda game, it's wild speculation until they officially confirm it."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Black ops was the lesser shitter line in cock a poopoo tbf just a way to let people know it hasn't died or going a different route I guess
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $70 DLC per 6 months is what it turned into
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/R28ZSY2Sc2A?si=H5Lb6PNkzMhAHO_P