Hacking Trying to install the back up launcher, but I need some help

Sgt Scyther

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all, I'll cut right to the chase. Long story short, I finally decided to install the back-up launcher on my Wii. I got the custom cIOS (the one with the Sonic icon) all ready and I went to install it. All 15 parts downloaded but then I got some kind of error message and when I try to launch a game in the back-up launcher I get a error code telling me I have no IOS to run it. I currently have Wii version 3.3U. Do I need to downgrade in order to install the cIOS? How would I go about doing that? Also, would it be safe to upgrade back to 3.3U after the cIOS is installed? I only ask because my friend also has 3.3U and the back-up launcher, but he installed it prior to upgrading to to 3.3U.

Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

OneUp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I was about to say patch it with dvdx, but that's old. Maybe you should just try running the installer again. Also make sure you have corresponding versions. (Version 7 of cios and .3 gamma of backup launcher)

Downgrading shouldn't be necessary. From 3.3 I think you can just run Any Region Changer and install 3.2 if you want.

Sgt Scyther

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm installing the cIOS and all 15 parts download but then right at the end I get an "failed" message and "install returned -1", but I don't really get a chance to read it because it brings me right back to the HBC menu. So are you saying I should just keep trying and that 3.3U does work with the cIOS?

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's failing to install the CIOS........... It may download but it's not able to install the file..... Try an alternate installer. Make sure you are using the CIOS Rev 07 installer. It's the best and latest version.

D

Deleted User

Your wii could possibly be 3.3v2 which blocks cIOS.

Follow one of the downgrading guides here.

WaRMarinE

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You have to install the cIOS LOL! Make a downgrade to 3.2, since the major part of the homebrew works in that version. Install the most recent cIOS

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.