Trying to Install Boot2, but heres the problem?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Centrix, Sep 14, 2011.

Sep 14, 2011
  1. Centrix
    OP

Member Centrix Stop Poking the Moogle!

United States
    I have never been able to install the boot mii as a boot2 like every one recommends. I'm talking about when I bought my wii at launch, I still wasn't able to install bootmii as a boot2 so here's what bootmii is telling me when I try to install it:

"The Installed boot1 version prevents a boot2 install (-2)"

and that I can only install bootmii as a IOS which have now wants of doing so! can any one help me, I want to use SNEEK+DI for those that read my last post, but I want it to switch to SNEEK when I place my SD card into my wii like I've seen in youtube videos...any help would be great guys, thanks!

2. DarkMatterCore

Member DarkMatterCore I like turtles.

Venezuela
    Did you send your console to Ninty anytime in the past?

3. Burton

Member Burton Real Life VIP and Educator

Puerto Rico
    This sentence:
    "I'm talking back when I bought my wii at launch, I still wasn't able to install bootmii as a boot2" doesn't make any sense because if you bought your Wii at launch day it will surely had Bootmii@boot2 capabilities.

This sentence:
    "but I want it to switch to SNEEK when I place my SD card into my wii like I've seen in youtube"
    I think you mean to autoboot to sneek. You need priiloader for this. More info can be found at:
    http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/how-to-use/sneek

4. DarkMatterCore

Venezuela
    That's exactly the reason I'm asking him if he sent the console to repairs. It wouldn't surprise me if the technicians replaced parts of the hardware (or the whole motherboard), just to make him unable to install BootMii.

I've seen cases like this in other forums, and seriously, that's lame.

@OP: If that's not the case, then you'd have better luck by asking one of the members from the Team Twizzers about your problem.

5. Hielkenator

Member Hielkenator GBAtemp Psycho!

Netherlands
    Just post a sy check here and We will help.

6. Centrix
    OP

United States
    I do have priiloader installed, I have bootmii installed as a IOS and I own the new black wii...I run all my games through my wbfs folder off my Western Digital 1TB HDD. But all this talk about SNEEK+DI and UNEEK+Di has really peaked my interest. I use Modmii to have create the SNEEK+Di or UNEEK+Di but neither of them work, I go into Priiloader and still nothing...I'm not a noob to wii soft-mods but I am new to trying SNEEK+Di or UNEEK+Di and which do you guys prefer? will it load faster through external HDD's?

7. DarkMatterCore

Venezuela
    That explains everything. Then you were talking about the Black Wii launch day...?

8. Centrix
    OP

United States
    No was speaking in general, I was there at walmart on launch day was the first one to leave the store with my wii, though when I got home to exploit my wii it said I couldn't install it as a boot2 I remember it clearly. Years later I bought a Black Wii which by years later I mean a few months ago to a year...lol.

9. DarkMatterCore

Venezuela
    The problem is that there weren't any hacks/exploits on the launch day (in 2006). BootMii was released to the public in 2009.

When did you exactly buy your console? Is it white or black? Do you have both of them? I'm not getting your point, seriously. [​IMG]

10. Toad King

Member Toad King GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I guess you're Marty McFly then because there were 0 hacks for the Wii on launch day.

11. sweenish

Member sweenish GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States

i would assume that the wii was not bought on launch, or if it was, it was updated at some point to a firmware that patched boot2.

as far as getting sneek to autoboot, it's still very easy and do-able with priiloader. OP obviously doesn't have the experience that they claim.

i've seen that it helps to copy ppcboot.elf from the real bootmii folder into sneek's bootmii file. i guess by seen, i mean that it worked for me when i modded an in-law's black wii with uneek+di.

12. air2004

Member air2004 Air

United States
    I think there is a hack you can run right from the sd card that will install homebrew , and with that hack , it asks if you want to install ( recommends you install boot 2) I ran it once back when I couldnt find my sd card and used another ( long story ) hope that helps

13. RussiaSushi

Newcomer RussiaSushi Member

United States
    Check the serial number on the bottom of your white Wii. If the first two numbers next to LU are less than 64, you should be able to install Bootmii as Boot2. All Wii's from launch should be able to install Bootmii as Boot2. The only reason I can think of why it wouldn't work is because you possibly sent your Wii into Nintendo.

14. DeadlyFoez

Member DeadlyFoez Banned

United States
    How the hell is that going to help? If he can't install bootmii into boot2, there will be no bit of knowledge gained from a sys check that will help us figure out how to make it possible for him to install bootmii into boot2 because it is just not possible for him... period. Sorry man. I do have some respect for you bc I see you around here a lot lately, but you really should have thought a little more before making that post.

15. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    Let's see...
    Did you set priiloader to boot (and return to) "bootmii IOS"?
    Is your S/Uneek device formatted the right way?
    (when using DI) Do you have at least one game in the correct format?

Sneek and uneek work at fairly decent speeds when fully loaded, but it does take longer to start up or reboot. The games themselves work at the same speed. Saving and loading may be a bit slower, but if so, it's not noticeable.

You may also want to read those windows modmii throws up more carefully. When it asks which one to build (sneek, uneek, sneek+DI, uneek+DI), it gives a proper description.

Oh, and please stop making it sound as if it's your first thread about the thing. If you can't make up your mind about which one to use after this thread, then sneek/uneek isn't for you.

16. JoostinOnline

Member JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

United States
    My doctor prescribed them.

17. zizer

Member zizer GBAtemp Addict

crediar sneek work only with connected usb device (hdd), but you can use obcd di module and no need usb hdd

i don't sure but better have one game in discex format on the hdd

18. Hielkenator

Member Hielkenator GBAtemp Psycho!

Netherlands
    ueh,....yep took mine LOL!
    You are right , my post did'nt make sense....

If the hackmii installer says Bootmii can only be installed as an IOS, that's it, period.
    No vulnerable boot1, NO launch day Wii, no bootmii boot2.

19. DeadlyFoez

Member DeadlyFoez Banned

United States
    Thats explains your problem, but I think everyone else has been stealing some of my wifes supply of idiot pills. Too bad she still has a cupboard full of 'stupid douchebag' pills to keep her going for the rest of my miserable life.

20. obcd

Member obcd GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Belgium
    I can think of only 2 reasons why you need bootmii at boot2. The first is obviously brick protection and the second one is to test dios mios lite proof of concept.
    For dios mios lite, you will need sneek, and currently it only works if you have bootmii as boot2.

To my knowledge, when they started to produce the black wii's, the boot1 security hole was already fixed so that it was no longer possible to install bootmii as boot2.

If you have another wii of which you think it should be possible to install bootmii as boot2, than check it's serial number.
    If it's within the range that should allow such an install, and if it was never returned to Big N for repair, ask again. If it doesn't furfill those, forget about doing it.

If you just want neek to boot automatically, set priiloader to boot ios 254. With the proper sd card in the wii sd card slot, it should boot straight into neek.

Uneek loads the emulated nand from your usb drive, which is usually a bit faster than sneek.

DI is what you need to play your game backups from usb drive.