Homebrew Question Trying to include libnx in an rcm payload

Enovale

Hey. I exist. Woo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm making my own RCM payload, and it's nearly finished, but I want to display an image. But as far as I know you need libnx for that. So... How do I include libnx into a payload? The Makefile from hekate-ipl-50x (what my payload is based off of) is based on devkitARM instead of devkitA64, and it has no libs specified. The makefile is here.

I've tried copying bits and pieces of example switch homebrew but it's not including.

Reactions: Leonidas87

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I wouldn't expect libnx to work in RCM if it's designed for a running OS environment.

Luckily you don't need it to display an image. You'll just need to write it in the correct format to the display buffer. Even luckierly, someone already released a payload to display images, so you can probably check its source. I don't know what it's called or where it lives but there was a thread with a collection of RCM payloads somewhere, so start there.

Enovale

Hey. I exist. Woo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't expect libnx to work in RCM if it's designed for a running OS environment.

Luckily you don't need it to display an image. You'll just need to write it in the correct format to the display buffer. Even luckierly, someone already released a payload to display images, so you can probably check its source. I don't know what it's called or where it lives but there was a thread with a collection of RCM payloads somewhere, so start there.
ill try to find that thread. thanks!

Reactions: hippy dave

Enovale

Hey. I exist. Woo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

i cant seem to find the payload that you're talking about, you're not referring to biskeydump, right?

Enovale

Hey. I exist. Woo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hippy dave made it seem like there is a dedicated payload for just loading images as a test or something, idk. Im looking into biskeydump but we'll see

midstor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm making my own RCM payload, and it's nearly finished, but I want to display an image. But as far as I know you need libnx for that. So... How do I include libnx into a payload? The Makefile from hekate-ipl-50x (what my payload is based off of) is based on devkitARM instead of devkitA64, and it has no libs specified. The makefile is here.

I've tried copying bits and pieces of example switch homebrew but it's not including.
Any documentation on creating one of those lol?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)