Hacking Trying to configurate a new CF on a new SD card - It's a mess !

danwellby

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
hold select before pressing the power button and then you will see this or something that closely resembles it
config_menu.png

Last edited by danwellby,

lionceaudelta

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok Thank you :)

Well I did a missunderstanding, in my previous post, I wanted to ask if ↓
I will never be able to use the SYSnand anymore ?
I tried to go back to it using the options while booting with select but I'm always booting on EMUnand. :(

Also, on my EMUnand, I am now on Sys 11.2 but I just noticed that i could not use the friend list systeme, the N3DS freeze when I clic the orange icon, why ? Can I do something ?

Last edited by lionceaudelta,

danwellby

Newcomer
Trophies
XP

1. I will never be able to use the SYSnand anymore ?
2. I tried to go back to it using the options while booting with select but I'm always booting on EMUnand. :(

Also, on my EMUnand, I am now on Sys 11.2 but I just noticed that I could not use the friend list system, the N3DS freeze when I clic the orange icon, why ? Can I do something ?
1. I believe you now have a9lh if I am correct? the main point of it you can run a patched sysnand and have no emu/red nand(s) only have them if wanted
2. do you have "autoboot sysNAND" ticked in the config?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

I will never be able to use the SYSnand anymore ?
I tried to go back to it using the options while booting with select but I'm always booting on EMUnand. :(

Also, on my EMUnand, I am now on Sys 11.2 but I just noticed that i could not use the friend list systeme, the N3DS freeze when I clic the orange icon, why ? Can I do something ?
"Sys 11.2" means sysNAND. If you were on emuNAND it would say Emu.

lionceaudelta

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Pretty hard to explain that in english , thanks for your patience .

I would like to go back to the state where it is "Ver 9.2" = classical configuration = like no CF
For now, I've tried with both "autoboot sysNAND" ticked and unticked in the config but it always launch to the "Sys 11.2" :/

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

"Sys 11.2" means sysNAND. If you were on emuNAND it would say Emu.

I'm a bit lost with all the naming, for me :
SysNand = "Ver XX.XX.XX-E/J/U" and you cannot install cia on it
EmuNand = "Rei XX.XX.XX-E/J/U" / "Rei XX.XX.XX-E/J/U" / "RX XX.XX.XX-E/J/U" ... and you can install cia on it
Am I wrong ?

To be clear : When I was with my other SD card with Rei CF, if I removed the SD card, the N3DS booted on the "Ver 9.2".
But now with the New CF (a9lh) on the other SD card, if I remove the SD card, the N3ds won't switch on at all :( and that's the problem.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Pretty hard to explain that in english , thanks for your patience .

I would like to go back to the state where it is "Ver 9.2" = classical configuration = like no CF
For now, I've tried with both "autoboot sysNAND" ticked and unticked in the config but it always launch to the "Sys 11.2" :/

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm a bit lost with all the naming, for me :
SysNand = "Ver XX.XX.XX-E/J/U" and you cannot install cia on it
EmuNand = "Rei XX.XX.XX-E/J/U" / "Rei XX.XX.XX-E/J/U" / "RX XX.XX.XX-E/J/U" ... and you can install cia on it
Am I wrong ?

To be clear : When I was with my other SD card with Rei CF, if I removed the SD card, the N3DS booted on the "Ver 9.2".
But now with the New CF (a9lh) on the other SD card, if I remove the SD card, the N3ds won't switch on at all :( and that's the problem.
Luma says Sys in sysNAND and Emu in emuNAND.
With A9LH you can no longer boot normal sysNAND without CFW, and doing so would be unsafe because it would leave you vulnerable to accidental updates. It's just a bad idea. But why would you want to?

lionceaudelta

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I want to do that because I need to use my other SD card to boot my Rei CF that I had first because on it I have games and data I need .

But my N3DS only switch on if it has the SD card of the luma CF in it, so how can I use my Rei again ?

HyperT

Trophies
XP
Country
I want to do that because I need to use my other SD card to boot my Rei CF that I had first because on it I have games and data I need .

But my N3DS only switch on if it has the SD card of the luma CF in it, so how can I use my Rei again ?
You only have 1 nand you care about right? [The re/emu-nand on your old card]

Some one will provide more details but all you'd need to do is:
1. Add the arm9loaderhax.bin of hourglass9 or emunand9 to the root of the old sdcard and boot the n3ds
2. backup the emunand to a nand.bin
3. Copy the nand.bin [maybe in files9 folder] and the "Nintendo 3DS" folder to the new sdcard
4. Boot into hourglass9 with new sdcard in, flash the nand.bin over sysnand
5. Reboot

You could also copy the luma .bin to the old card and set it up to autoboot emunand

Last edited by HyperT,

lionceaudelta

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well, I've been absent for a while, so you can deduce I've succeded in everithing !
So, I came to thanks everyone who help me !!!!! That was so cool, really !

Just a last question : is there a boot NTR compatible with 11.2 ? I cannot find one working .

Have a good day !

danwellby

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Well, I've been absent for a while, so you can deduce I've succeded in everithing !
So, I came to thanks everyone who help me !!!!! That was so cool, really !

Just a last question : is there a boot NTR compatible with 11.2 ? I cannot find one working .

Have a good day !
get and install bootntr selector from this https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-bootntr-selector.432911/ either files will do works on 11.2

oh your fc issue sounds like parent controls to me

Last edited by danwellby,

lionceaudelta

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi !

I'm back after all this time. I have a new CF/hacking problem so I prefer to recycle this thread.

I updated my N3DS and now I'm in 'Sys 11.5.0-38E'
That's weird, i never understood why I am not in 'Ver 11.5XXXXXXXX' ?

Recently I formated my N3DS to erase everything on it, so I lost the HBLLauncher app and the FBI app and all cia I had installed before.
So I tried to go back to the Homebrew Launcher using Cubic Ninja but I cannot, I have this message :
I tried several times following this methode () but always the same message :'(

So is it because I am in 'Sys XXXXXXXXXX' instead of 'Ver XXXXXXXXXXXX' ?
If yes, how can I go back to 'Ver XXXXXXXX' ?

Or is there an other way to acces HBL without cubic ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Jayro @ Jayro: Thanks for that bundle, I had the games already but got all the DLC for them for just $5. What a... +1