Hacking Trying to change system clock (date & time) while linked to parental control app

kidcharlemagne

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Is there any way to change the system date & time while the Switch is linked to the parental control app, or remove the link without connecting to Nintendo servers? I can access RCM, and I only need it for emuNAND.

I'm in a bit of a unique situation -- I thought it would be a good idea to delete all WiFi information and turn on parental controls before creating emuMMC/emuNAND, so that nobody could connect to any hotspots without my knowledge. I then lent my Switch to a person who left it uncharged for two weeks, killing the battery and forcing me to replace it. This caused the system clock to be reset to some time in 2018. As a result of the incorrect time and date, I am unable to use SSL, which seems to prevent me from using some homebrew software.

I have tried to correct the time, but it is set to sync time with Nintendo's server, which is blocked. I am also unable to change it to manual mode, because it says I must unlink the console from the parental control app, and of course that requires connecting to Nintendo's servers as well.

Does anyone have any ideas?

kidcharlemagne

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
That's for if you don't know the PIN. I know the PIN, so I can get into the settings, but it still won't let me turn off "Synchronize Clock via Internet" unless I unregister the console from the mobile app. If I go into the Parental Control settings, it just has two options: "Synchronize with the app" or "Unregister App," but they both fail when they are unable to connect to the servers, with no option for handling it offline.

shadowofdarkness

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I may remember some info wrong but, I'm pretty sure that when the Switch was new and people found the hidden golf game which only worked one day of the year, it was mentioned that once the Switch connects to the Internet and starts getting time via NTP that it is not able to be manually set anymore.
Maybe a homebrew has been created to alter the time like the RTC changers on 3DS but I'm not sure about that.
You might be out of luck.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s