Hacking Trying to add system to Wiiflow without magic number, possible?

pinesal

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to set up Wiiflow to launch Atari2600 games using retroarch Stella core. But I checked platform.ini for the magic number and it doesn't have one. Is there a way to generate one?

I really just want to get Atari 2600 games to load from Wiiflow and Wii2600 always loads into the first screen of the emulator but crashes after pressing A to start the game but works just fine when launched through Homebrew channel. I am not sure why, I have tried many different things to try to make it work and I wanted to see if Retroarch would load them.

Help on either front would be appreciated.

Last edited by pinesal,

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I want to set up Wiiflow to launch Atari2600 games using retroarch Stella core. But I checked platform.ini for the magic number and it doesn't have one. Is there a way to generate one?

I really just want to get Atari 2600 games to load from Wiiflow and Wii2600 always loads into the first screen of the emulator but crashes after pressing A to start the game but works just fine when launched through Homebrew channel. I am not sure why, I have tried many different things to try to make it work and I wanted to see if Retroarch would load them.

Help on either front would be appreciated.
You're right there's no retroarch plugin available for 2600. I forgot to add it in my pack, is it working good? Btw, which Retroarch version are you using?
I will add it to the pack with this magic number:
32364c52

To add a new magic# you only need to be sure that it's not already used in platform.ini.
However, they are hex code, so when converted to ASCII they are a 4 digit name.
I usually prefer to somewhat identify that plugin with the ASCII name,
so
32363030 is converted to 2600 (wii2600)
32364c52 is converted to 26LR (Stella libretro)

Reactions: Exidous

Exidous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really just want to get Atari 2600 games to load from Wiiflow and Wii2600 always loads into the first screen of the emulator but crashes after pressing A to start the game but works just fine when launched through Homebrew channel.
@Tetsuo Shima 's plugin pack rev5 works (I'm not sure if he modified the dol/config to bypass that first screen) in Wiiflow Lite as it seems to bypass the first screen/press A part. I haven't tested his updated rev6 yet but it presumably didn't undo that functionality.

But since you prompted him to add in the RA 2600 version instead, I'm way happier. I hate the menu in Wii2600, and I'd love to consign its seemingly mandatory Wiimote-tilt paddle mapping to the seventh circle of Hell where it belongs.

Last edited by Exidous,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: