4urentertainment

OP
Trophies
Website
www.4urentertainment.co.nr
XP
Country
Egypt
i have an image of my logo that i want to put on my gradient background on the site, so i need the logo to have no background of its own so that it fits onto the gradient background. I tried making it as PNG and saving it as none interlaced but there is still a white background. (im using photoshop cs2) how do i make an invisible background?????

TaeK

Trophies
Website
d4nart.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Try saving as a GIF, maybe your browser doesn't show PNG with transparencies.

Either that or... you havnt removed the white background prior to saving the image. (Look for the checkered workspace for transparency)

matriculated

Trophies
Website
www.nubecoder.com
XP
Country
Canada
You guys are sure you have a transparent background (the gray and white grid) as TaeK said? And you're using "save for web & devices" not just save?

24 bit PNG with transparency won't work in Internet Explorer 6 and under - not without a little help.

4urentertainment

OP
Trophies
Website
www.4urentertainment.co.nr
XP
Country
Egypt
EURIKA!!!! it works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BUT not on my laptop which sucks and probably has internet explorer 1 or smthn lol. But i just tested it on the other pc and it works.
but just to be sure, could anyone go to : http://freewebs.com/4ur4ur1/check.htm and if u see a house icon without a white background it works, if there is a white or anything other than the black background that's already there, its back to the drawing board

matriculated

Trophies
Website
www.nubecoder.com
XP
Country
Canada
I get a black background in Firefox 2.0.0.14 under OSX Leopard. It's neat how it looks like it has a reflection on a black background and a shadow on a white background.
ph34r.gif

Jack-Of-Trades

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure you did this but worth pointing out
Did you delete the back ground from the image?

Suggestion
Use the magic wand and select all the black
"Layer via cut" (not right name but forgot real name)
Delete the new layer then save as a gif with transparency's preserved

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill