Hacking Trucha Sign an IOS without internet connection.

g4jek8j54

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I am looking to add the signing bug to two different IOS files (IOS53, IOS55), but my Wii does not have any connection to the internet, nor can I get one. I used the Wii Update File Extractor application to obtain these two files from a disc. I tried using DOP-IOS Mod, but couldn't figure out anything there. Is it possible to either use a computer program to patch the bug into it, or can I install it onto the Wii console without it, and then patch it in afterwards?

In addition, I tried using the NUS downloader to trucha sign IOS53, but when I tried to install it using the WAD Manager, I got an error -2011.

My Wii is at the 3.0U firmware, and the only modifications that I have done to the console is install the Homebrew Channel, and install BootMii as Boot2. All of my current IOS versions (up to IOS35) should still have the signing bug present.

Thanks in advance for any help!

D

Deleted User

Elementary, my dear OP.

Download every single IOS using NUSD (The latest ones that are not stubbed would do good), do not package it into a WAD. Take note of the name of the folder (Should be somewhere along the lines of 00000001000000efv3614 or something like that) and rename it to the "vXXX" where the XXX are in accords to the version you downloaded.

Create a new folder and name it the directory to something like this "000000ef". To find the correct one, you should refer to the original folder name and look for the numbers AFTER "00000001" and BEFORE the version.

Do this for every other IOS, get Pimp My Wii, and do "Run test and fix problems"

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Wow, long time no see afif
biggrin.gif

You can make the process easier with NUS folder renamer though
Just run it in the NUSD directory and it creates a 00000001 folder thats ready to be copied to SD

Get it here (its windows only though)

edit: thats for DOP-IOS only, not pimp my wii
tongue.gif

D

Deleted User

Hahaha, true. Been out to help some other people in some other forum
tongue.gif
. But I'm back, so it's a "o hai!" moment.

NUSD has a folder renamer? Sweet, this'll be used when I don't want to ass over and rename folders and moving them here and there.

I thought Pimp My Wii had an offline mode? If not, screw me then.

g4jek8j54

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I tried the Pimp My Wii method, but haven't been able to install anything, and the NUS Folder Renamer doesn't work on my computer for whatever reason.

Would it hurt anything to just install those IOS versions (53, 55) with no signing bug present? From what I understand, as long as I have IOS versions with the signing bug and ES commands, I should be able to delete them whenever I want, correct? I also have a BootMii NAND backup, so I'm assuming that I could also just revert back to that in order to get rid of them.

Once again, thanks in advance!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: see ya