Hacking TroyTheZombie's Animated Channel Wads

coco27

Trophies
XP
Country
I need a forwarder channel for SD:\apps\menupatcher\boot.dol
I use the MenuPatcher for run WiiWare and VirtualConsole from SD card (to be able to activate the games' channel)
Can you make this forwarder for me please?
I would it shows on minibanner a SD card with the WW&VC's logos.
Maybe it can show in the fullscreen banner the instructiosns for use? (it would be forwarder-->system menu-->SD menu-->game's channel)...
i can do the images if you tell me how to give you these: size, pixels, color, format...
thanks

jsugarsmacks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I have a problem with some of the forwarders. I have been using them for some time and they load roms great from SD. When I try to use any of the emulator forwarders (fceugx, snes9xgx, etc) with roms on USB the emulator cannot find the USB drive. If I launch the emulators through the homebrew channel the emulator sees the roms and all is well. Has anyone found a solution to this problem?

I have a HDD that is formatted as Fat32.

TroyTheZombie

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
works fine for me. Double check that your config file for them (on your sd card) isn't corrupt (tantrics emus do this occasionally when updating them, i suggest deleting your current one and starting fresh) and the first section is similar to this. (load settings from sd, read games from usb) (value 2 is usb, value 1 is sd)

also, you do have a newer cios installed right? as well as having the usb drive plugged into the second port? (bottom one when wii is flat)

GolfDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
same here.. it simply wont load using the fowarder, gives the usb error all the time and only loads up through the HBC.. it refuses to accept USB as a load device while iusing the fowarder.. it only takes SD.. but works under HBC..

TroyTheZombie

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
well, if it continues to be an issue, just inject djdynamites forwarder dol into the channel (wadder.net). Its a possibility that since its a usb/sd forwarder, it could be not seeing your specific HD correctly.

Doesn't make alot of sense, but eh, you never know.

hmm, too bad i don't have those dols sitting around anymore.

jsugarsmacks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well Troy, I downloaded fceugx and reinstalled to SD card, I edited the settings files, I am running CIOS 222 V4 and 249 V15, I have the USB drive connected to the correct port, I load up fceugx and no USB device found. Any more ideas?
By the way thanks for the great channels. I have installed them on quite a few Wiis and everyone is really impressed with your work. If I only had channels for Wii2600 and Wiiflow my Wii would be completely outfitted with your channels. Thanks for the effort and thanks for the help with this issue.

TroyTheZombie

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
No worries.

I just wish I still had djdynamites forwards saved somewhere.

I should pm him on tehskeen, see if maybe he can send them to me. I'm sure it would sort out those who seem to have issues with the usb compatible forwarders.

If anyone else happened to have saved them, let me know eh? or if you have contact with djdynamite.

jsugarsmacks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update: If I use an old version of fceugx (3.04) or snes9xgx or vbagx it works fine. I guess this is more of an emulator problem than a forwarder issue. If I could just make it stop asking for an update I would be happy.

arden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
having the same issue as a few others ... read this entire thread and only the last few pages are relevant to my interests, lol

i have SNES9xgx or whatever in an apps folder on the root of a USB FAT32 drive

HBC loads the emu fine .. my load/save paths stayed there so the settings saved correctly.

the ONLY thing that doesnt work are the forwarders that i downloaded here (which is a shame as the forwarders are gerat)

hopefully this gets resolved soon ...

i know that some people are saying that they are not having issues, but i assure you there is something to this.

the EMU/ROMS work fine from the HBC, but when you use the forwarder the emu loads, but wont recognize the USB drive ... the SD card still appears to work however ..

its just strange, however i'm still new to this and dont fully understand what could be going wrong ... as all i view the forwarders as is a shortcut to the program on the media (SD/USB) .. seems like if the emu works fine through the HBC then the shortcut to that emu via the forwarder would work just fine too ...

at any rate .. i hope this helps bumpthe thread back up and gets a solution for us that are having issues ..

TroyTheZombie

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
well, since for some unknown reason, a few of you are having issues, do this.

Find a forwarder that does work for you.

PM me a link to it.

I'll take the forwarder dol from that channel, and throw it in mine.

Only solution I have for you since its really hard to trouble shoot without actually having my hands on your wii/sd/HD. That is, unless I get DjDynamite's OLD SDHC forwarders.
EDIT-
Hmm, i just may be able to make "alternative ones". I'll need a tester for this. Someone who is having issues with the current ones. someone who said "it works fine through HBC"
These will be sd card only ones however. (meaning the app/snes9xgx/boot.dol can only be on the SD card)

EDIT-

Here, test version of the snes one.

this is only for those who said the emulator is working fine via the hbc channel, and have it in the correct path on thier SD card. "sd:/app/snes9xgx/boot.dol"
Only for those who are having issues seeing roms on the HD but can when launched via HBC.

let me know if it works.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ximywz5uqi4

If it works for you guys, than I'll be happy to upload 'alternative" ones.

Leathl

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
TroyTheZombie said:
Only solution I have for you since its really hard to trouble shoot without actually having my hands on your wii/sd/HD. That is, unless I get DjDynamite's OLD SDHC forwarders.

Get yourself CustomizeMii + ForwardMii. The simple Forwarder you can create is DJD's SDHC Forwarder..

jsugarsmacks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The fairy wad worked great for me Troy. Updated snes9xgx to newest version before installing the wad and everything works fine for snes now. Thanks for the effort Troy.

GolfDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes your new fairy dol works without issue when the dol is on the sd card... but why cant it read correctly when the dol is on the HD?

TroyTheZombie

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
GolfDude said:
yes your new fairy dol works without issue when the dol is on the sd card... but why cant it read correctly when the dol is on the HD?

not sure. its usbloader gx's forwarder code. Works fine for some, but not for everyone appearantly.

the alternative one is made by djdynamite, and its sd card only.I'll update the rest later today for those who need ones that are compatible for them.

also, can anyone recommend me a tv card for windows 7 that doesn't have input lag? (meaning, when i move my character, there isn't any lag)
My old wintv card isn't compatible with windows 7. I have a few ideas for channels, but, I'd like to make newer videos for them, but currently cannot.

jsugarsmacks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have this CHEAP card running on Vista. Its not a tuner just a signal in device. If you hook it up to the RCA outputs on a vcr you can caopy anything that is coming out of the vcr. It works very well for capturing pretty decent video, especially for under 15 bucks. I have the same compatibility issues with my old card so I switched to this one. I will try to test it on my windows 7 machine later tonight and see if it works.
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.5707

jsugarsmacks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The dongle works in Windows 7 Ultimate. I tested it but you may need a driver I have. If you do order one just remember it takes a bit to receive it from China. Great product for the price so far. It comes with Ulead Movie Studio and so far that is the only program it works well with. I record TV as mpeg and use VirtualDub to convert to much smaller Xvid.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Anymore males there? :blush:
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    All of us lol
    I got free every channel so that's awesome lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Give me ALL the gay pron channels, since you won't be watching them :blush::D
    +1
    Lol they exist?
    +1
    Hmmm so Mario Does Luigi's plumbing is a bad movie? Lol
    These videos are soooo dry
    Please click all suspicious links sent your email
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What to do today? Cut grass for 3-4 hours, or just get drunk and play video games... Hmm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I need a remote controlled mower, so I can sit on the couch and do both.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sounds good to me, video games and booze it is then.
    +1
  • denpafan @ denpafan:
    Good choice
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now what to play, Starfield or Fallout4. And what to drink, beer or Whiskey and Coke. Such tough decisions.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog:
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    THIS IMAGE IS SO SCARY WTF. THAT SURE AS HELL IS NOT A CAT THATS LIKE A FUCKING DEMON

Untitled2.png
    Bonus points for running things over with the lawn mower?
    +1
    Monster truck Lawn Mower extreme
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    she was an apple appstore girl
    he was an uptodown boy
    He was an android boy
    She said see ya later boy lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    something something boomer and r/im14andthisisdeep "ThAt'S tHe UnFoRtUnAtE sTaTe Of OuR mOdErN sOcIeTy"
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    except they'd criticize you for having a phone in the first place lmao
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: except they'd criticize you for having a phone in the first place lmao