Hardware [Troubleshooting] N3DS won't update

DerRaecherMitDemBecher

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The EmuNAND of my N3DS XL on 10.6.0-31E (ReiNand 3.9 on arm9loadermax) won't update to the latest firmware, it always says "An error has occured" before the progressbar even starts moving. Using the Google Public DNS and tried different Wifi networks, nothing helped. I hope you guys can help me out. I just want to start the eshop to cryptofix a backup :(

Last edited by DerRaecherMitDemBecher,

LiquidAudacity

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The EmuNAND of my N3DS XL on 10.6.0-31E (ReiNand 3.9 on arm9loadermax) won't update to the latest firmware, it always says "An error has occured" before the progressbar even starts moving. Using the Google Public DNS and tried different Wifi networks, nothing helped. I hope you guys can help me out. I just want to start the eshop to cryptofix a backup :(

Have you tried it without a DNS setup?

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
1st - Remove any DNS/proxy setting that may block access to nintendo servers (on 3ds or your router/AP).
2nd - (if you didn't had any dns or block adjusted)
try pressing and holding A+R+L+Up when your emuNAND is booting. But instead of accepting the update simply cancel and reboot. Try to update again in the systems settings of your emunand.
NOTE: It's important that when you try the 2nd thing you DON'T ACCEPT THE UPDATE so you won't risk updating the sysNAND. You'll enter the "recovery mode" only to clear any pre downloaded update files that may be corrupted.

Last edited by Tomy Sakazaki, , Reason: OP says that there isn't any block setted up

DerRaecherMitDemBecher

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
1st - Remove any DNS/proxy setting that may block access to nintendo servers (on 3ds or your router/AP).
2nd - (if you didn't had any dns or block adjusted)
try pressing and holding A+R+L+Up when your emuNAND is booting. But instead of accepting the update simply cancel and reboot. Try to update again in the systems settings of your emunand.
NOTE: It's important that when you try the 2nd thing you DON'T ACCEPT THE UPDATE so you won't risk updating the sysNAND. You'll enter the "recovery mode" only to clear any pre downloaded update files that may be corrupted.

Well I'm using A9LH, the A+R+L+Up update recovery thing doesn't work.

Zyrmkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've found that whenever I get an error when using the official updater, nothing fixes it but reflashing an old nand backup. It corrupted nand titles and can no longer install past those for what ever reason.
Solution:
Recopy a nand backup.

Justinde75

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I had that problem too, you could try deleting and setting up your wifi connection again. Or you could use another wifi connection to update.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Too bad Excite Truck wasn't multi player :(
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Loved that game lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry for the stupid suggestion I had in that thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its fine
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    what thread?
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    BakerMan won't bake cakes for chat. :ninja:
    +3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Sonic Angel Knight, but we can have uremum's cake
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    My sister makes Cream Cheese Brownies :P
    +1
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: My sister makes Cream Cheese Brownies :P +1