[Troubleshooting] N3DS won't update

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by DerRaecherMitDemBecher, Mar 19, 2016.

1. DerRaecherMitDemBecher
    OP

DerRaecherMitDemBecher Member

Newcomer
    Mar 19, 2016
    Gambia, The
    The EmuNAND of my N3DS XL on 10.6.0-31E (ReiNand 3.9 on arm9loadermax) won't update to the latest firmware, it always says "An error has occured" before the progressbar even starts moving. Using the Google Public DNS and tried different Wifi networks, nothing helped. I hope you guys can help me out. I just want to start the eshop to cryptofix a backup :(

Last edited by DerRaecherMitDemBecher, Mar 19, 2016
  2. LiquidAudacity

LiquidAudacity GBAtemp Regular

Jan 21, 2016
    United States
    Have you tried it without a DNS setup?

3. DerRaecherMitDemBecher
    OP

Newcomer
    Mar 19, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Yep, and I just downgraded to 9.2 with SysUpdater. Guess what? "An error has occured" while updating. COME ON :(

4. Tomy Sakazaki

Tomy Sakazaki GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 23, 2006
    Brazil
    1st - Remove any DNS/proxy setting that may block access to nintendo servers (on 3ds or your router/AP).
    2nd - (if you didn't had any dns or block adjusted)
    try pressing and holding A+R+L+Up when your emuNAND is booting. But instead of accepting the update simply cancel and reboot. Try to update again in the systems settings of your emunand.
    NOTE: It's important that when you try the 2nd thing you DON'T ACCEPT THE UPDATE so you won't risk updating the sysNAND. You'll enter the "recovery mode" only to clear any pre downloaded update files that may be corrupted.

Last edited by Tomy Sakazaki, Mar 19, 2016 - Reason: OP says that there isn't any block setted up
  5. DerRaecherMitDemBecher
    OP

Newcomer
    Mar 19, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Well I'm using A9LH, the A+R+L+Up update recovery thing doesn't work.

6. Tomy Sakazaki

Tomy Sakazaki GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 23, 2006
    Brazil
    I didn't know that a9lh breaks the recovery mode =/

7. Zyrmkel

Zyrmkel GBAtemp Regular

Jan 27, 2016
    United States
    I've found that whenever I get an error when using the official updater, nothing fixes it but reflashing an old nand backup. It corrupted nand titles and can no longer install past those for what ever reason.
    Solution:
    Recopy a nand backup.

8. Justinde75

Justinde75 VGM Addict

Feb 14, 2016
    Germany
    Iwatodai Dorm
    I had that problem too, you could try deleting and setting up your wifi connection again. Or you could use another wifi connection to update.