PS1/2 Trouble with BitFunx SATA Upgrade for Official PS2 Network Adapter

CaseyDog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i've used a gamestar network adapter for playing games in opl off an internal hdd on my fat ps2 for over two years now, but recently i decided to upgrade to a sata-modded oem adapter for network transfer

everything is connected together; i made sure the ribbon cable was firmly slotted into place on both ends, and that the white plug from the main board was fully clicked in. when i tried to put the metal shielding plate back on, though, something underneath kept bending it around, and was preventing it from fitting back down all the way. as a result, the right of the adapter was sticking up a bit. this was despite tightening the adapter's large black flathead screws (the ones for securing it into the console itself) until they wouldn't budge anymore, and opl kept giving me the "error 400: harddiskdrive not detected" error.

after removing the shielding plate, i was still getting this error, and noticed that both contacts are tilted up too far in one direction; weirdly enough, one to the left, and the other to the right:
6B55C937-A47B-4A35-8947-0FA02AB4C3BA.jpeg

i can't tell what's causing this, and am unable
to even look underneath because the screws're stuck again. even my dad, an electrician for decades, is dumbfounded. (he also said that the bitfunx replacement board bending a bit after being [properly] screwed for some reason is completely fine since it's just the plastic part ;) )

here's an aerial view of what it looks like right now, without the shielding plate:
34410810-C396-41A4-B72F-0AB246EF7E94.jpeg

putting the torx screw on the far right back in made the top contact a Bit less slanted, but still wasn't enough. the far left torx screw wouldn't even go in all the way until putting the little metal brace piece back on. maybe the middle one needs that too? i don't know where it went and i don't even remember if it was there to begin with

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Ello